Yule Log! ♥
125g dark chocolate,chopped
125g caster sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
150g dark chocolate,broken into pieces
90g butter, cut into small cubes
300g icing sugar, sifted
5 tablespoons milk
holly leaves to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4. Grease and line a 30.5 x 23cm. Swiss roll tin so the paper stands 3cm above the edge.
2. For the cake melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Cool slightly. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thick. Stir in the chocolate.
3. In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold in the chocolate mixture and the cocoa. Pour into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 30 minutes until risen and springy.
4. Dust a large sheet of greaseproof paper with caster sugar and turn the cake out into it. Remove the lining paper from the top and cover the cake with a clean, damp teacloth.
5. Make the filling and frosting by melting the chocoalte and butter in a bowl over hot water. Stir until smooth, then slowly beat in the icing sugar to form a stiff mixture. Beat in the milk and leave to cool, stirring continually until frosting is spreadable.
6. Spread one third of the frosting over the cake and roll up. Place on a platter and spread over the reamaining mixture. Run a fork along the surface to resemble the bark of a log. Dust with icing sugar & decorate with holly.