The Fanfic The Mark of Athena

HecateA posted on Oct 15, 2011 at 01:13AM
Alright; so, I figured that the HoO spot would have enough new fanfictions if the plug hasn't been pulled, and that the Mark of Athena is after the Son of Neptune. So I posted it on the spot for those fanfictions, then looked at my profile and saw this on my clubs and went 'ooh!' and moved it before anybody could comment on the first. But this is a permanent address now- all is good, my mistake.

Title: The Mark of Athena
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship/romance, humour if I’m really good…
Characters: Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Annabeth Chase, Reyna, Hylla, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, Quinn Hunter, Octavian, Ella, Tyson, their egg (no I’m kidding!)
Synopsis: If Percy and Jason had thought that climbing mountains and glaciers was hard- it’s because they hadn’t tried reuniting natural enemies with only the two of them who fully agree with everyone else on both sides. Will they prevail? (I leave you with that typical synopsis ending so you can move on to the story).

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Last time was great, and I’m hoping you guys will stick with me for a whole new ride. Will probably be shorter, might not be as good, you read, you tell me.
Alright; so, I figured that the HoO spot would have enough new fanfictions if the plug hasn't been pu
last edited on Oct 15, 2011 at 01:21AM

The Fanfic 1112 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 1112

over a year ago foreverpercy said…
big smile
Amazing chapter Plz post soon and would you still be posting on Tuesday's?
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
big smile
Guys,for further reference don't push Hecate to post as a couple of the last comments have been. She has her schedule that she sticks to.On her last fanfic she said If she was pressured too much she would stop. I don't know if that still goes but let's not find out
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
cool
okay, can you stop complaining on how we comment, ive read thta story a million times and i know what she said, some havent, so quit jumping to conclusions, im not saying it should go on, but please stop nagging us, if it really bothers hecateA the she will tell us, BUT DONT SKIP THIS COMMENT WIERDO2, READ IT, ITS MEANT FOR YOU!
over a year ago myth-freak214 said…
How about this

"I can't wait for the next update Hecate! Hope you can post it soon."
over a year ago luciaholly said…
I love it!! Your an amazing writer. The character's are so well done. I especially love the reunion scene. It was perfect!
Luv luciaholly, new fan
over a year ago Sarah25 said…
AMAZING!!! it's so weird to be reading your stuff on fan pop again!!!!!! I LOVED it! I started hyperventilating when Percy and Annabeth were about to meet. I can't wait 'till the next post!!!!!! And, wether you want it or not, I'm gonna HAVE to mention some songs… it's officially an unofficial tradition. And yes, I do know that that doesn't make sense. Anywho… let me think… oh! OkGo has some good songs (and amazing music videos)! My favorites are probably "White Knuckles" and "End Love"! But you should check out all there music videos. Those are all really fun to watch. Anywho… I should probably get to bed soon… until Friday! :D
over a year ago percyfan568 said…
big smile
great chapter as soon as i finished reading the SoN i was on my computer looking on fanpop i checked you old one and found the link and now i am here you with out a dought in my mind are equal with RR in wrighting skills cant wait for next post
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago goatlypowers said…
When r u going to post your writing is the best and I need it to keep sain it's like a neccesity
over a year ago Kaity_daAwesome said…
cool
EVERYONE!! im pretty sure she is posting on friday! on her first post on this forum in number (3) it says "just for old times sake and force of habit i will post on fridays"!

now that was a direct qoute from the master^! she is awesome!
if you already read what she said please do not call me stupid! some people just skip ahead to the fanfic part!

-Kaity_daAwesome has spoken! i love your fanfic HecateA!
over a year ago Kaity_daAwesome said…
oh geez..i am stupid^ haha i sound so silly call me stupid if you want!
over a year ago soccer_rox16 said…
big smile
post soon
over a year ago childofaeolus said…
I bow to your epicness.
over a year ago foreverpercy said…
Post soon
when are you going to post?
over a year ago wamakima5004 said…
I really suggest you post in fanfiction.net as it is basically designed for fanfiction. Well the main reason is that it is mobile phone friendly (well with thousands of Fanfic for Percy Jackson, my parents will have my head for being on the computer too long.)
Great beginning and keep updating
over a year ago _reyna_ said…
big smile
thank you so much for the link hecate i really apreceate it i loved you son of neptune and it was amazing i just couldn't comment on it because it was to late but amazing job with the first chapter hecate one of your new fans<3
reyna:)
over a year ago luvseaweedbrain said…
:D just wanted to congratulate you on making the top of the popular content list with one chapter :) lol but its 5:30 on friday and u havent posted yet!!!!!!!wait what time zone r u in??

over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
*runs to catch up* I'm here!

Last: link

@green-art-ac-pj- The same Latin pic- what?
@wierdo- VSP… I like that! Sure, go for it!
@paulion89- Sure
@1. Yeah! You're writing another one! –Yes I am
2. *suluts* Yes sir I have forgotten your old forum already –Well, not forget, but, umm..
3.You know you were right about Reyna being the daughter of Bellona.... –You brought it up…. I’m kidding, I thought that too, I’m like ‘STYX!’
4.I love Percy and Annabeth's reunion EEEP!!!!!
5. Frank where are you? Piper doesn't focus on the cool guys does she? –I couldn’t make her focus on everyone, could I? And Frank is sort-of… Staying in the shadows for now.
6. I'm glad Piper's not drolling over Jason like in your old forum no offense or anything but she seems more stronger in this forum than the other
7.^Sorry! I brought up the other forum (oops! I did it again)
8. Can't wait till your next chapter!
9.Ella will sshhhh.
10. I think....forgot (Aw Shucks)
11. I'm the first comment on your forum!!! (never mind)
12. I'm glad your doing another one btw ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY –HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
@nicecatch42- They’re already proclaimed Tysella, no?
@darkrai- Please don’t say that, because it won’t change my schedule.
@Kronos429- Thanks!
@darkrai- :)
@Athenabeth- I was literally scared! I didn’t check my email for a day and I get a string of 19 emails telling me someone’s replied here. I’m like- o_O This is going to be a long forum if so many people keep coming around... (like my stalker friend who’s sitting next to me and telling me she’ll get a Fanpop for the specific reason to bug the snot out of me)
@rapunzeleah- Shamazing? I love that! And I swear, I was as surpised as the next dude! I am NOT RR!
@Starlight1o1- This is the only description of the Argo II I’ll have, unless it like, explodes or something like that (which I’m NOT saying it’s going to happen, or that it won’t). Thank you very much! Jason and Reyna have a complicated relationship to write- but I am totally going for it. And awe! Thank you!
@Asmadasahater- I will have one OC character that’s going to come up and play her part. As for Gwen Madison, Carmen Attwell and Bobby Peverell- they’re not coming back.
@luvseaweedbrain- I checked my wall right after reading your comment :P And Rachel coming up is a deleted scene from the chapter :P I decided I rather have Annabeth and Piper on Octavian’s back then Rachel.
@unknownquestion- Aww thanks!
@AnnabethC- glad to hear it!
@annabeth5800- In my head he’s not wearing a toga… Not a roman citizen, right? In my head it’s just a cape, but you know, my head…
@goatlypowers- Your. Username. Is. Epic.
@hayaku14- I know, eh?
@Piper_ofArtemis- I’ll post 1 or 2 at a time, so that I’ve always got my head above the water.
@foreverpercy- I’ll explain at the bottom notes.
@darkrai- Hey, not everyone has already read on one of my forums before and I don’t mean to insult you in any way, and please don’t take this the wrong way, but you occasionally spam. It’s just something that never hurts to remind people. And I don’t tell you guys to stop it, because I stay silent during the week until it’s posting day or unless somebody swears at me. Then I speak up for myself, but… I rely on people to quiet everything down.
@myth-freak214- Don’t worry about your comment!
@luciaholly- Hi! I’m glad you liked it!
@Sarah25- Yeay! I haven’t looked them up yet (o_O) but I will! White Knuckles… Hmm… Like that title, I might steal it for something at some point.
@childodaeolus- :DDDDD Awww!
@wamakima5004- I do have a fanfiction.net account, actually. It’s just that so many people on fanpop read this, so I decided to keep it near them.
@_reyna_- :D

I’m sorry I’m a little late today but I had an intense chocolate milk craving and it could not wait. And I had to walk over to the Metro, and 3 pages of comments is a lot to reply to (holly shist guys- 3 pages and 60-some comments, really? That made my day! Oh and just found out that this is top on the Most Popular Content. For real?) Then I had theatre practise, and I was behind because of the whole ‘replying to you guys’ thing that I like to do.

Random stuff: chocolate milk :) And I’m finishing my second chapter story on fanfiction.net on Monday, it’s called link, click on the blue words if necessary and here’s the precious summary;
Son of the Lord of the dead, survivor and soldier of the Titan War, demigod, son and brother of 2 dead women; Nico knows all about death. But when the girl who stole his heart is terminally ill, Nico isn't sure he can take any more death.
Anyways, just thought I’d let you know. Also; other chapter of The Last Song was Perfect.

Okay; commonly asked questions (I know its frequently asked questions usually but I’m special).
First: thank you! I’m glad my reunion wasn’t mushy! It might help that I’m not a mushy person and the ‘and then they rode off in the sunset on the magical unicorn’ stories about Percabeth or anyone make me sick, but still.
Second: Frank wasn’t in this- yes, I know. I like Frank A LOT, I swear I do! But he’s going to be laying low for today as well.
Third: I’m going to post on Fridays only for a bit so I can get a lead with this. I said I’d write at least 5 chapters ahead of time, and I’m not going to over-use. I want to be in the lead. When I started ‘The Fire’s Revenge’ I’m pretty sure it was either end of book 2 or early/mid book 3 on the forum. I want you guys to always have something even if I have a crazy/chaotic/hectic week and I can’t write. I hope you guys get that.
Also; expect rash changes in PoV, because I decided I hated writing in third person for this. So… Yeah… On to what you guys are really here for;

II
Jason
It was all the same. All of it. The city might be a little destroyed from last night’s battle –which Jason was super mad at himself for missing- but it was home. Walking across either the forum or the fort- he recognised everything. He was with people he’d grown up with, in a place that he knew like the back of his hand, and he was with people that he’d missed a lot.
It made Jason feel like everything was finally right, but he chided himself for it. He’d never been in enemy grounds.
It still felt like a weight off Jason’s chest when he touched the ground and saw Reyna standing there. When she smiled at him whatever resistance he had left crashed and he just though ‘home’. Getting tackle-hugs from Gwen, catching Dakota because he was drunk… It felt good for Jason that some things were still the same.
Reyna introduced him to her sister- whom Jason had only heard about- briefly. Hylla looked at Reyna with a raised eyebrow and then shook Jason’s hand like she was trying to crack fingers.
“I have a sister too,” he mentioned.
“You’re kidding,” Reyna said.
“No, her name’s Thalia.” Jason said. “She’s lieutenant of Artemis. And Greek- which is why I haven’t heard from her. She thought I was dead or something.”
“The hunters?” Hylla said; wide eyes. “Gods of Olympus- black hair, blue eyes, punk clothing, big mouth?”
“That’s her. I guess.” Jason nodded. Hylla swore.
“Man, I have issues with that girl! Is she coming?”
A shadow passed over Jason’s face and he felt shaky saying it.
“No,” he said. “I’ll… I’ll explain later.” He promised. The flow of people coming in was too wide, and this was something he needed to tell Reyna before anybody else here.
She looked at him and a flash of understanding passed on her face. She squeezed his hand quickly before letting go.
When his new friends saw the mess hall Jason had nearly laughed. A few people were already on the sofas, and a few plates were zooming around thanks to the aurae. Leo nearly got nailed by a plate of curry.
Annabeth was looking at the war banners on the ceiling and mouthing the Latin inscriptions as she read.
“Common, fifth cohort’s that way.” Jason said, nudging Piper’s arm towards the back. It was still the spot near the kitchen and so forth, but it’d be too weird if he sat any other place. Jason had eaten at that corner for 6 years straight.
“This is a fancy set-up you guys have.” Leo said, bouncing up and down on the couch.
“This? You should’ve been here yesterday.” Percy said.
“The Feast of Fortune still happened?” Jason asked.
“The battle ended quickly enough.” Reyna shrugged. Jason noticed she’d deserted the praetor’s table to come sit with them, and he was silently thankful to her. He just really hoped she wouldn’t refer to their last conversation right now…
It was sundown and nearly everybody at Camp had gone to bed already, after the senate had adjourned. Jason had seen how frustrated Reyna had been so he hadn’t let her go home where she’d probably just break something and go to sleep made, and had taken her to the green between the praetor’s houses where they often trained together.
Twilight was a good time for them to train. It wasn’t overly hot, it wasn’t too dark, but the sun didn’t flash off armour or blades, and nearly everybody was sleeping or getting to it; so they could rough play all the wanted, and trash talk like sailors.
Reyna slashed the head off another dummy so fiercely that Jason thought it was a good thing that the first cohort was a long way’s away.
"Good job," Jason said. "That's about 12 more than last time you were mad at Octavian."
"He's getting worst." She grumbled mad, kicking away the limp dummy. The sweat made strands of black hair stick to the back of her neck and her eyes were deadly cold. "Well, a better speaker, but that's worst for us."
"I know, but the people chose us. They know we can do it; they know Octavian can’t, it’ll be okay." Jason said. Reyna still wasn't convinced, and Jason wasn’t either, as he remembered the various assassinations and betrayals, uprisings and tricks of Rome Lupa and centurions had told him about.
He put a hand on her shoulder to get her to look up at him.
"We're a strong team; he won't change that, not him out of all things."
Reyna smiled, and she leaned in and kissed him.
"Sorry- I, I just… I've wanted to do that for a long time." She said.
"That's fine, because so have I." Jason said.

He didn’t regret the fact she’d kissed him, or the fact he’d kissed her back. Not at all. The only thing he did regret was that it was one kiss and then off to random places for 8 months. Even Reyna wouldn’t like that. But right now, Piper was right there, and she’d noticed Jason getting more distant after his memory had come back. Which he’d needed to figure things out and get used to the idea that Octavian’s paranoia actually meant something, and to stop feeling so home sick. She’d left him some space. A lot of space. Jason still wanted to be her friend, she was cool, but Piper didn’t exactly get that, and now she looked at everybody in the room under a microscope.
“Jason.” Reyna elbowed him. He snapped out of it and met her eyes. They scared most people off, and they scared Jason too sometimes, but most of the time they drawed him in.
“Are you going to eat or are you fasting?” She asked.
“Oh right, sorry. I was just…”
“Overwhelmed?” Percy guessed.
“Big time.” He nodded. Percy looked overwhelmed himself, an arm around Annabeth and looking at the Greek weapons and armour and demigods.
Chiron and Annabeth and Jake had told him about Percy. Actually, everyone had told him about Percy. He’d been one of the three big subjects of talk at camp with the Argo II and the romans being the second and third, which got Jason a lot of questions about Rome- which was especially frustrating when it was something he was honour-bound not to reveal (Stoll brothers? Yeah- they didn’t get what that meant).
This guy looked okay, like someone Jason would actually trust. At any rate; Jason could sympathise with him. Plucked out of where you fit like a puzzle piece and trying to fit into the last’s spot, in a picture that wasn’t even the same? It wasn’t easy. As much as Jason had wanted to make Camp life work for him, it hadn’t been as smooth as he’d have liked it to. Like it or not; he had instincts, and his instincts weren’t dying down anytime soon. He’d even sleepwalked West once, and would’ve died in the forest if a hunter hadn’t caught up to him (he’d sort of become their general brother to all).
He wondered if Percy had had anything like that to deal with.
“Dude, this place is huge!” Leo said looking around. “How much time did this all take you?”
“4 days, a legion’s trained to build and rebuild elsewhere.” Someone said. They all spun around towards the person who’d spoken, and the girl blushed. She played with her hands and readjusted rectangular glasses with black rectangular frames on her nose. She played with her hair when she got nervous too- but it was tucked under a dark blue bandana right now.
“Umm…” She turned to Annabeth. “Hello. My name’s Quinn, from the fourth cohort. And I heard that you were a daughter of Athena- who is Minerva, and that’s my mom too, except in the roman form, so… I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to camp, and here.” She handed Annabeth a book.
“We have a big stock of books here, except not many in English, and I wasn’t sure how much Latin you knew –although I’m sure you’re really smart, you look smart, like a, a, strategist- but I-anyways, I figured you probably knew Ancient Greek, so even if it is about Rome because I wasn’t sure how much you knew, umm…” She spoke really quickly and got lost in her words, stuttering a lot.
“Thank you. I’m Annabeth.” She said holding out her hand. Quinn caught her breath and shook Annabeth’s hand.
“Quinn.” She said. “Quinn Hunter.”
“Pleased to meet you.” Annabeth said. Quinn nodded anxiously.
“Umm, I’ve got to go, my centurion’s, well, yes. Bye.” She said before scurrying away.
“Her centurion’s what?” Leo asked.
“Probably afraid of the Greeks,” Reyna said. “A lot of them are. It all branches up to your friend Octavian, from the senate. Most of it anyways.”
Annabeth turned back around smiling to herself and reading the title.
“‘Ancient Rome in Basics and in Depth’,” she read. “That was really sweet of her.”
“Page 50, Romans first encountered the elephant in 280 BC. Pyrrhus had transported twenty of the beasts to Italy by ship and, at the Battle of Heraclea, the unfamiliar animals routed the Roman cavalry; "their horses, before they got near the animals, were terrified and ran away with their riders" (Plutarch, Life, XVII.3).” Ella muttered.
Eyes turned towards her. Annabeth flipped to page 50 and looked up at Ella.
“Word for word,” she said impressed.
“Ella has an awesome memory.” Hazel said, fingering one of the harpy’s feathers.
“Ella smart.” Tyson muttered. Both he and Ella went beat red and Jason exchanged a look with Leo. Leo muttered something like ‘mini winged Cyclops- watch out world!’
“Do you remember the number of days it took to build this? 3 to 4 seems really little.” Leo asked.
“Not here long. Ella running. Weed whacker before.”
“Pardon?” Piper asked.
“Phineas was going after the harpies with a weed whacker. Not quite sure why.” Frank shrugged.
“Phineas will have weed whacker. Not long, nope, nope, not long at all.” Ella said shaking her head solemnly. Looks exchanged.
“What do you mean, Ella?” Annabeth asked. “Is Phineas going to… come back?”
“Come back for Ella. Ella smart.” The harpy said, agitated. Jason was confused. He’d never heard of a smart harpy, he didn’t think they came in smart. Obviously they did now that he’d met Ella, but still, the way she said that made Percy, Hazel and Frank look uncomfortable. He decided he’d ask later- they were obviously not yelling secrets from here.
“That’s okay, Ella, we like you smart.” Hazel said with a smile. The harpy smiled and Tyson passed her a half of his peanut butter sandwich. She held it in her claws and munched on tiny pieces at a time.
The first 10 minutes was pleasant talk and catching up and introductions. Jason was actually relieved. He wasn’t sure what he’d expected, but Piper laughing at Bobby’s new lame joke of the week, or Annabeth and Reyna comparing notes on weaponry, Leo and Frank talking about… Well, he lost track of that conversation pretty quickly, with Hazel actually talking to people… Well, that hadn’t been it. He crossed Percy’s eyes for a minute. The son of Poseidon’s eyes widened in ‘wow’. Jason nodded back at him and paid attention when Leo asked him a question about why he wasn’t nicknamed Fulmy for ‘armed with lightning’. Hilarious Valdez.
But Jason hadn’t missed the way Leo had flared up with Octavian. He was sure that if Piper hadn’t been there Leo would’ve burst into flames. Honestly; he couldn’t blame the guy. Octavian was just aggravating, and Jason saw him as bad news for this since the beginning. He’d talk to Reyna about it later.
Nobody mentioned a giant, a quest, a flying ship, or any problem until…
“I actually thought Octavian was going to throw the knife at you.” Dakota told Piper. “That took guts, kid.”
“Kid?” Piper pouted. “I’m two years younger than you!”
“Kid.” Dakota repeated, taking some more Kool-Aid. “But seriously, Octavian’s been… Locco.”
“That’s not for you to say, buddy,” Bobby said, “But seriously, he’s been driving Reyna nuts.”
Reyna shot him a look.
“I was doing fine until he got in my face.” She said.
“Mm-hmm, that was how many hours after Jason disappeared?” Dakota said. Reyna looked like she was going to snap his arm in two but she relaxed.
“Five and a half.” She said closing rubbing the sides of her head with a hand, picking a nacho off her plate with another.
“Score one for the drunks,” Dakota said showing two fingers.
“You know what, you’re pretty cool.” Leo told Dakota.
“You too.” Dakota grinned. He held up his hand but missed Leo’s by a longshot. That was the most Dakota-like thing Jason had seen in a while; probably why he stole the flask.
“Hey!” Dakota complained.
“Stop it, that stuff’s not good for you.” Jason said.
“It is!”
“Only for your taste buds.” Reyna said. Dakota made a wild reach for the flask but Jason tossed it to Reyna, who pulled off the cap.
“It’s for your own good Cody,” she said. Then she tipped the flask and poured it onto the floor. It disappeared as it went.
“Hey!”
“Water,” Bobby said, pushing a glass in front of him.
“What?!” Dakota said like ‘what the Pluto you making me drink here?’
“H2O, it’s good for you, I promise.” Annabeth said.
“I don’t like it.” Dakota said.
“Water’s the best for you.” Percy sustained. The discussion flared and Dakota decided to go find somewhere where he’d be allowed to have Kool-Aid.
“It’s Kool-Aid? I thought it was wine!” Piper said.
“No, but the sugar in that is as bad as the alcohol.” Reyna said. “Mix it with the ADHD and he always looks drunk. Nice guy though. Sometimes.”
“He hasn’t been sober since the attack on Othrys.” Bobby said, “He lost his sister. It hasn’t been going great with him.”
“A hero’s soul cursed blade shall reap,” Ella muttered. Jason frowned. He’d heard that at Camp Half-Blood, but never here. Where had..?
“What was that, Ella?” Annabeth asked, although Jason knew that she’d heard perfectly. Frank, Hazel and Percy exchanged looks.
“Annabeth, common, I’ll introduce you to… Someone.” Percy said. He took her hand and they got up, Percy dragging Annabeth away by the hand. Leo wolf-whistled and Percy turned to make a face, Annabeth gave him a look.
There was something about Ella they weren’t telling Jason. Same thing about Nico; he should be here. He promised himself not to bring it up because it was held secret for a reason; he’d ask later.
He felt Reyna’s eyes on him.
“I’ll explain later.” She said softly, like she’d been reading his thoughts, (which wasn’t a first). “You’ve… Missed a lot.”
Jason nodded, even if he was pretty sure he was the only one who heard. He felt other eyes on him too; the other romans staring him. One of them was elbowing her friend, as if to make her go forwards, but the other refused like the floor was dotted with land mines.
“I’ve got to go,” Jason said. He got up.
“Where?” Leo asked.
“See some people,” Jason said. “Everyone goes around at meals and well, I’ve been gone a while. You can go too.”
“Umm…” Piper said.
“Sure!” Leo said. “Point me to my peeps, Jason.”
“Peeps?” Reyna asked.
“Siblings.” Jason said, although it felt like translating. “Umm… Morgan’s over there eating that sloppy Joe, Hanna’s got the blue hair, Martin’s got the toolbelt, Jacky is the girl over there- no not there, there- yes her… Yeah, that’s them.”
“4 of them? That’s it? Well, see you Pipes and people.” He said before totting off. Jason hoped Leo wasn’t going to say something stupid. He was pretty sure if he called either one of them children of Spock he was going to lose a hand.
After making sure Leo got to Morgan’s table and got himself a seat no problem, Jason went off.
“Hey, can I sit?” He asked some kids form the fifth cohort.

III
Piper

Piper was with a bunch of people she didn’t know now, but she had a feeling that it wouldn’t be the last time so she tried to make do.
“So you’re one of the praetor’s?” She asked Reyna. Reyna put her glass down.
“Yes,” she said. “Thankfully.”
“Why thankfully?” Piper asked, legit curious now.
“Oh great- repeats, I’m out. Anybody know if Becca’s out of the infirmary yet? I’m sure a dashing legacy of Cupid would cheer her up…” Bobby said, getting up and leaving.
Reyna shook her head and turned back to Piper.
“Because with Jason gone… All I’m going to say is that not everyone can say no to Octavian.” Reyna said. “He’s been pestering me over and over for elections. He said I was trying to suck up all the power of Rome and bring it back to a Julio-Claudius era.” She rolled her eyes.
“I… I don’t know, I never really believed Jason was dead. Ever. I didn’t know where he was, what he was doing or why he wasn’t here; but I knew he was doing something. Does that sound stupid?”
“Not if you know Jason.” Piper said. Reyna smiled.
“I guess not. Anyways, I resisted but when the Feast of Fortune came closer, I had to do something. Percy seemed like the only one who could even come close to praetor. I don’t know yet if that was a good idea.”
“What do you mean? I’ve never met him, but everyone at Camp Half-Blood said he was a nice guy.”
“Oh he is,” Reyna said. “I believe that 100%. But he’s off again on this boat of yours. You won’t stay here long, will you?”
“I don’t think so. I’m not in charge of this much, but I don’t think that was in the plans.”
Reyna nodded like she’d just been confirmed a horrible piece of news.
“So this is only a temporary solution for you, right?” Piper said. Reyna nodded.
“A few days at the most,” she sighed. “And then Octavian will pounce back, except worst.”
“Worst?”
“He’s been stung, Piper. When they raised Percy –a filthy Graecus to him- on the shield instead of him, it was a nightmare. His pride was wounded and that makes any man dangerous.”
“Are you going to have to have an election this time?” Piper asked.
“I don’t know.” Reyna said. She passed her hand through her shot of black hair.
“But you can’t be alone, can you? Not for as long as this quest is going to take us. It’s not fair to you to have to keep this up.” Piper defended. She felt bad for this girl she’d just met. She was basically holding the whole camp –fort, city, everything- on her shoulders and trying to keep it safe by herself. That weight deserves at least two people.
Reyna smiled sadly.
“Can you keep a secret, Piper?”
Piper nodded.
“I don’t have a choice. Look; do you know why Octavian wants to be praetor so bad? Because every kid looked at a praetor at some point and thought ‘oh cool, I want that’ but not all of them want it as much as Octavian does.”
“No, I just met him.” Piper said although it seemed obviously written to her. “Hunger for power?”
“As much as an Empousai is blood thirsty, yes. And he’s ready to do just about anything to have things his way- and things his way are about as pleasant as high heels and being sewn in a bag of snakes. Fact is; somebody has to keep Octavian back and little people will, and in that number a smaller portion can. I won’t take the risk to leave just in case one of those people don’t make it here. I can’t. I want to keep this alive.” She said looking around the mess hall. Piper followed her gaze.
Kids were laughing and hoping tables and pointing and talking at, to and about the new arrivals. Some kid was teasing Ella with -cheese? - sending her into mumbling about arachnophobia, claustrophobia, apotemnophobia, coulrophobia, and a lot of other ‘ias’. Percy and Annabeth had found a new spot, talking to a couple of kids from the third cohort, Annabeth holding on to that book. Leo was pointing to the blue hair of the girl he was talking to. The food whirled around and smacked the kids who got up too quickly to go share news or gossip.
“I can’t think of this as dead.” Piper told Reyna.
“Me neither, but it can happen. It happened with all the other legions of Rome.” Reyna said. “But that’s just my problem right now. What’s your story?”
Piper told her about meeting Jason at the Wilderness school, but she decided to leave a little part of the fake memories out. Not. Willing. To. Yell. That. Out.
“Charmspeak, hmm? That’s cool, and it can be really powerful. I only heard rumours about it, but I guess they aren’t now, hum?”
“There are two of us at Camp who can do it. Me and, well, my sister Drew.” She felt uncomfortable just talking about Drew. She’d had to hand over the counsellorship to Drew when she left and she didn’t like that. Not for Mitchell, Lacy, or any of them. Reyna sensed it.
“I’m guessing this Drew isn’t as great of a sister as I am,” Hylla said, sitting down on a couch and stealing a nacho from Reyna’s plate. Reyna smacked her hand, and caught the falling nacho.
“If she’s anything like you I pity Piper.” Reyna said, eating the nacho.
At the other end of the mess hall there was a ‘ZAP!’ and someone yelled ‘Fulminata baby!’ as fireworks went off inside the dinning pavilion.
“Should’ve seen it coming,” Reyna said as people started applauding. Piper joined in, watching the sparks go around and around in spirals and then BAM!
It happened so fast; Piper wasn’t sure how her senses had even picked it up.
The fireworks slammed into a heavy banner- two bars of iron at each end of cloth, held by a chain. The chain cracked and the banner came rushing down towards the earth.
Piper pounced to her feet knocking over the table, and tackled Reyna- and the banner fell exactly where she’d been sitting. That’s when the two metal rods at each end exploded into bright green flames that Piper had seen before- Greek fire.
Hylla had somersaulted out of the way fine, and she rushed to see her sister. Piper got off Reyna’s back and saw that the table had been smashed by the banner, and burnt and scorched by the explosions.
“Gods of Olympus- Reyna, are you..?” Hylla asked in a rush.
“I’m fine Hylla,” she said, just a little shocked as if someone had given her a cake and yelled ‘surprise! Happy birthday!’ and not ‘you just nearly got smashed by an unusually heavy explosive war banner! Fun!’.
Jason ran up and knelt next to her.
“You okay?” He asked, helping her to her feet.
“I’m fine, I’m fine. It didn’t hit me.” She said, waving Jason aside like he was annoying with his worrying. Percy and Annabeth ran up.
“Are you-”
“If anybody else asks me that there will be injuries.”
She turned to face Piper.
“Thank you,” she said. “I… It shouldn’t be heavy enough to smash the table- it shouldn’t have been explosive with the- what was that?”
“Leo!” Jason called. Leo himself jogged back to the table and crouched next to the banner.
“And you say these things are made out of what exactly?” He asked the praetors.
“Just regular fabric.” Reyna said. “Cotton, satin sometimes, wool…”
“This ‘aint fabric. Looks like some of the threads are actually plutonium- heaviest metal on earth. And they’re all part of this Hades-complicated trigger system- the two rods were filled with Greek fire, just ready to get a shock and explode. Why do you have that weaved into your banners?”
“I don’t know. And when did Rome ever fight ‘die Graecus’?” Jason said reading off the banner.
Piper felt like she lost some important parts inside her stomach and chest area. She turned to look at the other Greek half-bloods; Annabeth, Leo- even Percy looked a little queasy. But he hid it.
Jason helped Reyna up and the wind spirits put food delivery on hiatus to clean up the table.
“Whoever did this you are going to be found, and you are going to pay.” Reyna said, fiercely. It made Piper quiver a bit, even if she’d just been talking to Reyna fine ten seconds ago. “The Greek half-bloods are under the protection and aid of Rome. You are more of an enemy than them by doing that. Who set off the fireworks?”
Someone whimpered, and as all eyes looked back; Piper saw it was a faun with an afro.
“Don?” Jason asked. “What- why are you even here?”
“Looking for, you know denarii. But I swear I didn’t do it yo, the funny Greek boy gave me this awesome coin thing, and the Percy kid is like, cool, so, I didn’t do it!”
Looking at the silly faun with his Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses, Piper couldn’t bring herself to believe it was him. She didn’t buy it and she was about to tell Reyna and Jason that, when Percy did.
“Reyna, it couldn’t have been him.” Percy reasoned. “How could he have done it? How could he have gotten his hands on fireworks anyways, he’s homeless.”
“That’s a good question. Don, where did you get those fireworks?” Jason asked.
“I had a dream.”
“A dream?”
“Do fauns get dreams like half-bloods?” Reyna asked, wiping peanut butter from the hem of her jeans.
“No, which is why I was really crept out.”
“And you didn’t tell anybody? With all the higher powers going around and twisting minds- you didn’t think of that?” Reyna sighed and calmed herself down. “What was your dream, Don?”
“Well, just a voice. Telling me that, you know- fireworks would be cool and there was a box nearby.”
“Don- what was the voice like?” Hazel asked him, sounding pretty afraid. Don scratched his head.
“I don’t know…”
“Was it, like, sleepy and hollow? And a girl?” Leo asked, pale.
“No, it was a dude, it was a dude…” Don said. Leo and Hazel seemed to exhale- two at once. Piper felt relieved herself. Not Gaia. They were still safe from Gaia in here.
“Don; if you get another dream, you have to tell us.” Jason said. “And in the meantime… you might want to get out of here before the Lares get aggravated.”
Thunder rumbled, which covered the sounds of hooves running out.
“Well,” Octavian said. “That was unfortunate.” Piper didn’t like the sound of it. His definition of ‘unfortunate’ sounded a whole lot different from hers.
“Unfortunate, yes.” Jason said. “An accident? Not at all.”

Ella’s random splurge on the elephant: [link

Next: link
Really good can't wait for next! Who dares make fun of Ella!

It would be funny to see Annabeth and Reyna clash just because they are so alike, kindof like dare I say it Thalia and Percy.

Thanks to you Fridays are now fun again!

Also if it's not to much to ask a Reyna/Piper fight scene.

Forever the wierdest wierdo,
Wierdo2(the 2 is silent)
over a year ago luvseaweedbrain said…
heart
AHHHH I LOVED ITTT!!!!! SO GOOD! its not like othrr fanfics where it ust describes a scne theres actually like a PLOT and foreshadowing and all that good literary crap ;) anyways i reeeeally loved it!!! cant wait til you post again!!!
over a year ago Mayla4president said…
big smile
Awesome! Loved it Hecate:) Wish I could write as good as you! We can always dream...
over a year ago Asmadasahater said…
Gods!
That was amazing. I always enjoy your fanfictions. I am sad that Leo and Frank-The-Tank weren't in it that much. :(
It was still really good.
You rock!
Gods!
That was amazing. I always enjoy your fanfictions. I am sad that Leo and Frank-The-Tank weren'
over a year ago Kronos429 said…
big smile
A W E S O M E
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
surprise
*cue Lion king music* AHHHHHHH SABANYAAAAAAA (and this is my input) CHUBACKA CHUBACKA!
my friend, i havent read this yet, because i need to read the SoN twice to actually get a grasp on th story (because i am weird) but i just relized this existed, so in about 2 days time, i will read this, and i shall love it and comment... like all the time... um.. yah... hi, *sigh* sorry, i am akward
LOVE ALWAYS!
Lightning98
over a year ago rapunzeleah123 said…
heart
SHAMAZING! <3
Lol, I liked how they thought it was wine that Dakota was drinking. xD
I also liked how Piper and Reyna weren't... erm, hostile toward each other because of their feelings for Jason. I thought that was a good change from the usual.
Hmmm... fauns having dreams like half-bloods got me thinking... can fauns have empathy links, just like satyrs? Just a thought ;D
Anyway, SO excited and CANNOT wait until the next chapter! :DDDD
over a year ago venus143 said…
big smile
awsome chapter hec i'm thinking it was eather a giant that gave don the dream or someone else like i dunno OCTAVIAN but yea just a guess it's only the second chapter and you got us guessing that is prity evil of you lol but anyways amazing chapter hec laters:)
GREAT CHAPTER and i was wondering are you going to make Leo and Hazel fall in love again! PANCAKES ARE GOOD! wow that was random I LIKE CAKE, GO PIE CHEEESSSSEEEE! somebody help me i cant stop being random! POPCORN GOES POP
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
rainy
i know i occasionaly spam, but wierdo2 is always doing that on almost all of the forums and im getting sick of it.
over a year ago nicecatch42 said…
^lol uh-oh
weirdo2 is on the job
lol congrats man
and that was an awesome chapter, Hecate
actually, it was more then awesome
do you have any plans of your own books? with your own characters? That you will publish?
over a year ago Athenabeth said…
Awesome as always and yup your forum is at the top of popular content, It always will be because your writing is just that amazing

over a year ago v_lav said…
woop woop go HecateA best fanfic writer in the world :D
over a year ago unknownquestion said…
Omg you said my name*fans eyes* lol I'm kidding
I have a secret love for don because he's so hopeless but so funny you know he reminds me of blackjack but in a goat form? I mean he loves doughnuts no else talked about doughnuts the way he did but I'm glad piper and reyna are getting along then there would be all this tension and gunk then the line of problems would stretch even longer
That doesn't mean I still don't luv this fanfic ;) check it our a serious face for once•_•
Nope not my style have some bacon to get you through yur next post :@)
Call me unknown everyOne else does and it's easier to write

-Unknown
over a year ago bornhuntress said…
big smile
Cool! Nice chappie!!! I'm putting my bets that Octavian is working with Gaea and was the mysterious voice Don dreamed with! Glad that Piper and Reyna are getting along! Can't wait till they all meet Thalia!!! Wonder what Hylla has against her? Please Ella shhhh ur secret!!! Can't wait till ur next chapter next Friday!!!
over a year ago son_of_cratus said…
smile
Great chapter!!!!! I loved the part when jason and reyna took away dakota's kool aid and told him to drink water, and he was like "HELL NO". Keep up the great work!!
over a year ago Sarah25 said…
LOVED IT!!! Of course, when don't I? Anywho, there's a song that I love to play on the guitar called "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton. It's about getting over the death of his son and I thought if you create any major character deaths again that song would go well- which is COMPLETELY off topic but, whatever. Also, another random song I want to mention is "Unwinding Cable Car" by Anberlin. And of course, I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago kirby624 said…
rainy
wow! i just found you (again) and it's AWESOME!!! do any of u guys have gmails because google shut mine down cause im not old enough. sorry if its spam, just trying 2 get answers
-Kirby (>'.')>
over a year ago afailname said…
big smile
I loved it :)
@kirby624,please don't spam again. I am deputy chief of the Volunteer spam police and I'd like this forum to stay spam free.
smirk
Awesome chapter!!! Friday is My favorite day of the week now :D

@wierdo2 you just wrote spam
@ Kronos, NO I DIDN'T. Hecate said I could moniter the spam and tell people to stop.
So no it's not spam
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
AWESOME

1. Don't take away dakota's kool-aid!!
2.Reyna and Jason sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S....you get the point
3.Piper...your a HERO
4.Jason don't annoy your girl-friend or your gonna b....injured!!
5.I don't know I like the number 5.....sorry....
6.Octavian you but!!
7.^Is there two t's in but?
8. Ella your just so funny....
9.Whose Bobby's immortal parent???

BTW please check out my forum (The Return of the Shadows) !!!!
over a year ago Persephone16 said…
big smile
Loved it! As always of course though...so yeah, great job.
over a year ago AnnabethC said…
I agree with weirdo2 - Reyna and Annabeth clashing would be awesome! Great chapter, by the way!
over a year ago goatlypowers said…
smile
Ya reyna and piper fighting is inevitable u could just keel the tension in the air. Also is Ordovician the mysterious voice in the dream hummm I bet it is. Loved the part about. Tinny winged cyclopses a little strange but still. I'm all sad though because I typed up this huge reply but it didn't work:(. Anny ways thanx for the compliment about my name it made me feel so very special. Well great writing can't wait tell Friday I know it's Saturday today but I just was bust anny ways good job(I had a bigger smile but my post going away made me sader is that even a word?) you should write up an extra of something about thill a and queen hylla. Well epic job
-I don't want to sighn it so just look at my name above
over a year ago percy4forever said…
big smile
AMAZINGNESS; like usual HecateA! Is the voice Octavian? I think it is; but how would he do that? Is he working for Gaea? I guess I could see Reyna and Annabeth fighting; but since that last chapter I don't think that Reyna and Piper fighting would be good. Unless, Reyna finds out that Piper likes Jason. Is Quinn going to be an important character? I like her; she seems nice.
Great job; you're AWESOME and COOL and TERIFFIC and AMAZINGNESS and.... well all other good compliments that you can think of.
LOVED IT!
over a year ago annabeth5800 said…
smile
too awesome!!!

@wierdo2: no offence but shut up your geting annoying
over a year ago PrinceAthem said…
Ohk... This is awesome... Well my fav MoA actually.. Have read some at ff but none compares to your skill..
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Wicked
cool
agreed^
over a year ago bornhuntress said…
big smile
100th reply!!!
I've always have wanted to say that!!!
Hec, this fanfic is so awesome it already has 100 replies!!!