The Fanfic Forever: Book 2-- Rise Above

hollistergurl posted on Nov 10, 2011 at 08:05PM
Book 1: The Beginning
Rating: C+-- mild language
Main Characters: Ariela Fosters, Nico DiAngelo, Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Annabeth Chase, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez
OC: Ariela Fosters
Synopsis: It has been 3 years since the war with Gaea and the Giants. The demigods of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter have been living in peace: very few monsters had attacked them and there were no prophecies said yet. But, their peace ends when a new prophecy is announced that a new demigod will succeed against a war with the monsters. The monsters have gotten stronger and smarter each year, no longer held back by a leader, creating chaos.
*A/N: The demigods won the war against Gaea & the Giants, Hazel and Frank died, and Jason and Piper are a couple.
this forum is chapters 6-end. chapters 1-5 are on the Heroes of Olympus club
link

Book 2: Rise Above
Rating: C+-- mild language
Main Characters: Emily Greenwood, Nico DiAngelo, Percy Jackson, Jason Grace, Annabeth Chase, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez
OC: Ariel Fosters (from Book 1), Emily Greenwood
Synopsis: Two years ago, Nico DiAngelo attempted to bring back Ariel Fosters, but failed. He has recieved banishment from Zeus, who had done this job without any of the other gods' consent. Some are on his side; others are angry. The gods are fighting constantly ever since this dispute, wanting Zeus's throne; they are disrupting the mortal world with hurricanes, volcanoes erupting, and major earthquakes. The demigods of Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter must work together in order to stop a possible World War 3; but who is the mysterious new demigod, who seems to have all powers of the gods and other powers that are unknown?
Disclaimer: Everything from Percy Jackson and the Olympians + The Heroes of Olympus belongs to Rick Riordan.

Dedications:
to EVERYONE reading this forum and commenting, you guys are AWESOME. <3 thanks for keeping this forum on Popular Content for most of the time! :D
PLEASE KEEP ON COMMENTING! :D

check out my other forums:
-Heroes of Olympus Talk Show! (3-way collab: me, universalpowa, nicecatch42)
link
-The Darkness Rising (collab: me & kronos429)
link
-The Heroes of Olympus Musical (collab: me & universalpowa)
link
-The Regretted Choice (collab: me & MisterPerfect1)
link
-Turning Back Time (collab: me, universalpowa, and Meef)
link
-The Hearth Lost
link
last edited on Apr 12, 2012 at 01:31AM

The Fanfic 973 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 973

over a year ago percabethrules said…
big smile
FIRST TO POST ON THE THIRD PAGE!!! OOOOOOHHHHHH-YYYAAAAAAAA!POST I AM HOOKED!
last edited over a year ago
worried
POST???!!!?!?!?!?!
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
Here's a character extra. hope u guys like, comment more please! (thanks percabethrules for commenting lol)

Character Extra 3: Piper

For some strange reason, Piper wasn’t scared of going into Medusa’s lair at all. Maybe it was the smell of hamburgers, since she’s a vegetarian. Maybe it was a gut feeling that things would go right in the battle. Maybe she just didn’t feel that terrified by monsters anymore, having gone through her quests and the war with Gaea.

As they entered the room, she immediately saw Jason look hungrily towards the tables that mysteriously had greasy, fast food on them. Piper instantly knew what she had to do in this battle, how she could get their side to win against Medusa’s food and her snake-headed ugly eyes.

“Jason, don’t go near that food! It will make you less focused!” She ordered, and noticed him become more alert.

Percy and Annabeth nodded at her, and she knew that they understood what her role was in this. Piper had only used Katropis once, and felt that she wouldn’t need it again on this quest.

She saw Leo inch towards the food, taking a fork out of his tool belt.

“Leo Valdez, don’t you dare go near that food!” Piper commanded, and saw Leo flinch but walk away.

For some reason, Ariel didn’t seem to be intrigued by the food like everyone else, either. Piper didn’t know why, but had a feeling it had something to do with her father’s godly powers. Nico was slowly inching towards the food, but hadn’t begun to have that rabid look in his eyes yet. Percy and Annabeth weren’t really that bothered, since they had obviously been here before.

The door to the kitchen slowly inched, and she saw Percy quickly run around the room, looking for something. He grabbed four clear, glass balls and three big, sharp knives, handing the clear, glass balls to himself, Jason, Annabeth, and surprisingly, Ariel. Piper thought he would give the last one to Nico, and Nico himself looked hurt, probably thinking he could handle the object pretty well. Percy gave the knives to the rest of the three, and the seven got out their weapons and were ready to attack through the reflection of their objects against whoever came out from the door.
big smile
i like it!!!!!!!!!! hope you post again soon!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago nicecatch42 said…
Awesome!
Haha Ariel just pwned Nico
OH NO!
HOW IS ANNICO GONNA SURVIVE?
*hyperventilating*
Oh, and I think that was a chapter, not an extra- it still carried on the plot and all. I think extras are more like random stuff going on in someones head.
Whatever, it was still epic! POST ! SOON!
big smile
NOO you cant read my forum anymore :(

anyways. post soonn
yeah, the one before this one is a character extra, basically just like u said nicecatch: whats going on through the other people's heads, cuz im only doing chapters based on Ariel, Nico, and Percy.
so, i cant believe this, but this forum is #4 on the popular content! thanks for all of u who have been reading and commenting on this [:

now for some ACTION(finally lol). hope u guys like!

Chapter 10: Ariel

Ariel quickly averted her eyes to her reflected ball as soon as she saw the shadows of three monsters. She groaned.
‘As if just one monster, especially a well known one, wasn’t enough, there had to be more!’ She thought, losing her confidence.
When she glanced at the other two monsters—gorgons they seemed to be, Ariel couldn’t look at them for long. She didn’t know why, but only that even though their glares weren’t as tempting as Medusa’s, it was still enough for the demigods to avert their eyes to their reflected objects.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t my two favorite demigods and their delicious friends: Percy and Annabeth.” Medusa said, and Ariel saw her smiling through the reflection of her object.

“Free cheese ‘n’ wieners anyone? They’re even free!” A gorgon yelled, but the other gorgon just slapped her and the first one whimpered.

“Stethno and Euryale.” She heard Percy say. “Apparently you two just got uglier, since I can’t look at you for long.”

Nico snorted. “Isn’t that obvious?”

Ariel saw Percy glare at him, but didn’t say anything back. She smiled at the thought of Nico’s confidence and his sarcastic ways.

“I know; isn’t it wonderful?” One of the gorgons said, the one with the cheese ‘n’ wieners. Ariel somewhat had an appetite when she got into the store, but when she glanced at the cheese ‘n’ wieners on the gorgon’s plate, her stomach suddenly went silent.

“Enough with the talking, Stethno. I’ll enjoy taking down Percy Jackson.” The other gorgon said, who seemed to be Stethno’s sister, Euryale.

“As will I, Euryale. But, my revenge will be sweeter. Stethno and Euryale, take down the others. I’ve got the son of Poseidon covered.” Medusa said, her face a little girl’s nightmare—no, everyone’s nightmare, Ariel thought. She saw the monster smile evilly and knew Percy couldn’t be alone in the fight; even if he had defeated her before, she could sense her power radiate through the room.

Ariel knew she couldn’t use her bow and arrows in this fight, it would take too much time to perfectly shoot the gorgons in the right spot, and they didn’t have the time. Plus, it would be hard to see clearly through the clear ball, since it is a little deformed. She took off her chain bracelet and to her command the bracelet became a five foot, celestial bronze-imperial sword, almost as big as her.

Nico whistled at the sight and she smiled, also acknowledging its impressiveness. Suddenly, she saw Medusa lunge towards Percy, but he managed to get back and slash at her to prevent her from coming closer to him. Ariel knew it was Percy’s fight, but she had an urge to fight Medusa, for some strange reason. But, she knew that the others must fight the other two gorgons first, and then they could come to Percy’s aid.

Stethno lunged at Piper, but Leo managed to divert the monster from harming her by throwing fire. Jason was using a gladius and Annabeth her knife, both of them trying to make good contact to defeat the gorgon. Nico and Ariel took care of Euryale, while Leo, Jason, and Annabeth were fighting Stethno, with Piper encouraging them on with her charmspeaking.

Nico hacked at Euryale, and Ariel did the same, both of them fighting side by side, as if they were meant to fight together. The gorgon was a good fighter, using two steel swords as her weapon and her glare as another, too. Both she and Nico couldn’t get a cut on Euryale for what seemed like hours, but finally Ariel managed to slice part of the gorgon’s hair, sending it into pitiful screams of how she now had to pay more for her beauty salon expenses. Ariel wondered where she went to get her hair done—possibly Medusa’s Scissor hands? Ugly Betty’s Monsters?

Euryale sent her a murderous glare, one that was enough to make Ariel in some sort of a trance. She tried fighting back just as hard as she did when the first started, but she felt her muscles tighten and her body become sore. Nico couldn’t do the fighting just by himself, Euryale would overpower him. So, it was no surprise when Ariel felt a cut on her thigh, and she heard herself yelp.

“Ariel, you okay?!” Nico asked, frantically slashing and hacking at Euryale, kind of distracted.

“I’m fine, I’m fine—Nico watch out!” Ariel called, and before the gorgon could cut off Nico’s head, Ariel looked straight at her and managed to slash her head off, and the monster’s body went slack.

She breathed heavily, still mesmerized by Euryale’s stare, almost as powerful as Medusa’s, but not quite to turn Ariel into stone.

Nico kept on asking her if she was okay, and Ariel heard herself say yes, yes, but wasn’t sure if she really felt that way. She chanted a healing hymn for herself, and felt a little better. Ariel was glad her healing powers didn’t drain all of her energy like before, when she had somewhat cured Chiron from a long distance. Leo, Annabeth, Jason and Piper had finished fighting Stethno about the same time Nico and Ariel did, and the six of them rushed to Percy’s aid.

Ariel saw a huge amount of worry on Annabeth’s face, since Percy had bloody gashes and cuts all over his body, while Medusa only had two on her arms and three on her leg.

She laughed brutally, and Piper started to Charmspeak to Percy, urging him to fight stronger, that he could do it. Eventually Percy’s back started straightening, and Ariel joined Piper’s charmspeaking with her own healing powers, and now most of the cuts were gone from Percy.

Medusa glanced at them, and everyone quickly turned to their reflective objects.

“Ah, so my sisters Euryale and Stethno were defeated, it seems. Figures, since they were not as feared, powerful, and ugly as I!” She laughed, and suddenly, the lights in the store flickered and everything went dark.

“Fools! You cannot use those reflective objects if you are in the dark, and my glare is still powerful against all of you!” Medusa yelled triumphantly, cackling.

Everyone started to look down, trying to avoid Medusa’s glare, wherever the monster was. From here and there Ariel could hear the hissing of the snakes on Medusa’s head, and the sound helped her to detect where the monster was, although it was still hard without the light. She used the blade of her sword for light guidance, and noticed the others, even Piper, did the same thing, except for Leo, who used fire.

Ariel saw Leo reach for something in his tool belt, and saw him take seven objects out.

“Guys! I’ve got these night vision goggles that will help you see her, but the glass is tinted so it won’t be her full reflection!” He whispered, giving the goggles to each demigod.

When Ariel put them on, she felt relieved that she could see in the darkness. She noticed the others sword fighting against Medusa, but knew that that would be no use, since the demigods would need a whole army of sword fighters against someone as strong and powerful Medusa had become. Piper was charmspeaking everyone, shouting words of encouragement, which lifted Ariel’s spirits. She had a plan, and was quickly going behind Medusa’s back, where the monster couldn’t see her.

Ariel willed her bracelet to turn into her bow and golden arrows, and it did as she commanded. She waited for the right time to strike her target, and it was hard since Medusa was constantly moving. But, finally, after what seemed like hours, she shot a perfect arrow into the back of Medusa’s head, the weapon making a loud WHHEEEEEEEEE! sound that filled her ears.

Medusa yelped and turned her attention towards Ariel, who quickly backed away, not looking her in the eye, even with her night vision goggles on. She caught Percy’s glance though, and knew he understood her plan. As quick as lightning, Percy slashed off Medusa’s head, the monster shouting in despair as she lost, once again.
big smile
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! ACTION FILLED!!! YAAAAAY! FOR ACTION!
Awesome chapter! IT WAS SOO LOL-ish, lol.
And Ariel is stronger then Percy? Woah.
Haha Nico acted like a jerk in that chappie
Whatever, it was still gooooooood
POST SOON!
hello everyone! this forum got moved up to #3 on popular content (OMG) so thanks!
also... there is a best writers #4 round 1 competetition and i am up against... NICECATCH! so vote for me, and if u vote for him i understand cuz he is an AWESOME writer! heres the link.

link

P.S.
@percabethrules: thanks im glad u like it [:
@nicecatch42: thanks lol i was hoping it would be funny. for me writing about nico or in his POV in 3rd person is kind of hard cuz RR didn't write about him a lot, so yeah.. lol but glad u like. btw good luck on the competition!
big smile
you are welcome.....i am shocked hollistergurl you are like a celeb. and you said my name!!! OMGZ!!! I LUV IT!!!
over a year ago dezzypoo said…
laugh
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm witch word should i use AWESOME, WOW, AMAZING, COOL,GREAT ,GOOD,FANTASTIC, or NICE!!!!!!!
u know what?........i'll use all if them!!!!
UR STORY WAS AWESOME, AMAZING, COOL, GREAT, GOOD, FANTASTIC, NICE, AND WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­
.........................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­.oo­ooo­o did i say it was AWESOME?.........cuz it is....lol!
over a year ago venus143 said…
great chapters sorry i havn't commented and about your facebook thing thats why i did not!!! connect fanpop to my facebook acount those type of things seem to happen and......GeeeZz gurl those were some great chapters..... hope you can post soon u are a very talented writter lates:)
AWESOME chapters.......how do you come up with all these cool,awesome,amazing,unique,fantastic,etc. ideas

don't forget original!
over a year ago Kachetes said…
kool chapter you never disapoint
big smile
post!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Kronos429 said…
loved the fighting :D
thanks everyone!
@venus143: the facebook thing didnt have anything to do with fanpop, just that my mom wouldnt let me go on anymore :\ but i am secretly going on... lol

hope u guys enjoy this next chapter cuz its really boring :P

Chapter 11: Nico

Nico breathed a huge sigh of relief. They had defeated their first major threat, the one and only ugly Medusa. He glanced at Ariel and gave her a thumbs up for her brilliant plan. She smiled back at him, and Nico’s heart almost melted. Almost.

He still wasn’t sure if he should get close to Ariel, because everyone he’s ever loved had died sacrificing themselves, and he couldn’t bear it if that happened to her.

“Good job team. That was one heck of a battle. Nice job with that plan, Ariel.” Percy said, nodding her way. Everyone agreed, and Ariel blushed. Nico noticed how she was getting a little bit more comfortable with attention, since she didn’t flinch this time.

“We should set up camp now outside and get some rest.” Jason suggested, and the others nodded, eager to get some down time.

“Don’t forget food! Hamburgers and tofu burgers will be on the way everyone!” Leo yelled, smiling big, rushing to the kitchen to cook some up.

Percy, Annabeth, Jason, and Piper went outside to set up camp, which left Nico alone with Ariel. They sat down at one of the tables, and she pushed the greasy food out of the way.

“Thanks for saving my life back there.” Nico told her, blushing for being so stupid for getting distracted.

Ariel smiled at him. “You would have done the same thing.”

There was an awkward silence in the air, but Nico cleared his throat. “So, uh, what did you think of Medusa?”

‘Gods Nico,’ he thought to himself. ‘What a stupid question to ask her…’

Ariel laughed. “Are you trying to get me to say that she is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen?”

His face scrunched up. “Um, no. If you did though, I would have to get you some nectar and ambrosia, because then obviously your brain is messed up.”

She laughed and the sound made Nico’s insides feel warm.

“Speaking of Medusa… we should get rid of her head. I heard that her glare is still strong enough even after she’s dead that it can still turn someone to stone.” Ariel said, and Nico nodded, glancing at the still, headless body of the monster.

They grabbed some gloves from the kitchen and used the clear, reflective glass balls as their guides to pick up the head, putting it in a large box and sealing it ten times with super sticky leopard print duck tape.

Leo noticed the box as the two demigods carried it inside the kitchen. “Nice wrapping you got there. I always loved leopard duck tape. Very sexy, unlike Medusa.” Ariel laughed at his joke, and Nico couldn’t help but feeling a little bit jealous.

“I hope you’re not leaving it in here while I’m cooking up my delicious concoctions!” Leo said, his nose scrunching up at the sight of the box.

“Too bad. We’ve got to put it somewhere, and I doubt the others want to put it outside.” Nico replied, getting a little annoyed with the son of Hephaestus.

‘Stupid jealousy.’ He thought, clearly wondering why he felt this way.

Leo sighed. “Fine. The burgers are almost done anyways; I hope you guys are hungry!”

Nico wasn’t hungry at all after seeing the sights of the uglier-then-before gorgons, Medusa, and of course, the cheese ‘n’ wieners. He had almost gotten close to eating the food on the table when entering the store, obviously set up for them by Medusa, but was glad he didn’t; he wouldn’t have survived the battle for long.

When he and Ariel walked to sit at the tables again, the other four had already come in, and Nico was sad that his alone time with her hadn’t lasted long.

‘Stop it.’ He thought. ‘Stop thinking about Ariel.’

Nico didn’t know what to follow; his heart, or his mind. He sighed. Life of being a Nico was hard, lately.

As soon as the two sat down next to Percy and Annabeth, Nico noticed something sparkly on Annabeth’s ring finger.

‘So that’s why Percy was in such a rush to leave the meeting yesterday.’ Nico thought, and felt even glummer about his life, especially the love part. Percy had Annabeth, Jason had Piper, and well, Leo just tried too hard to get girls so Nico didn’t really envy him. He was stuck whether he should love or not love Ariel, and he couldn’t make up his mind whether to trust his brain or his heart. It was cheesy, he knew, but this situation was real for him.

‘This quest isn’t just for defeating the monsters and kicking their butts.’ Nico thought. ‘No. It’s also figuring out my ugly love life, even uglier than Medusa’s seductive glare.’
Awesome chapter!
I can't believe it-Leriel! Leo! Ariel! LOL that is cool....but poor Nico
Post soonnn! It was really good!
heart
POOR NICO!!! POOOOOST SOON PLEASE!!! LUV IT!
actually, Leo + Ariel isnt a thing, I just put in there cuz i felt like it lol. just trying to make nico's life a whole lot more complicated. sorry if that confused u guys... nico + ariel is coming together along thougghh
i know leo+ariel isn't a thing...POOR NICO his life is so complicated!!
big smile
Haha darn it- i liked areo lollllllll
big smile
haha me to!!! i agree nicecatch42!!!
i would think ariel and leo would be cute but i like anico better poor nico he diserves her and oh you get on secretly i used to do that to but then my mom din't really care anymore so yea and awesome chapter post soon:)
big smile
POST POST POST!!!!!!
over a year ago Kaity_daAwesome said…
I HATE MYSELF!!! i got myself grounded for a week! Ya, i know im dumb..ANYWHO post soon!
Hello everyone! It's THANKSGIVING!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I'm grateful for a loottt, and since today's a holiday, I'll post a new chapter! Enjoy! :D

Chapter 12: Percy

“Oh my gods, Annabeth!” Piper exclaimed, grabbing Annabeth’s hand, jerking her forward and knocking over some hamburgers that Leo had just whipped up. Leo frowned at his burgers being knocked over, but when he stared at Annabeth’s hand, he too grabbed it and looked closely.

“What? What is it?” Jason asked, trying to see behind Leo’s mass of curls. Percy saw Nico grin at him, and he blushed. Ariel was looking at Annabeth’s hand too, marveling at the ring she wore.

“Annabeth, you’re engaged? To who?!” Piper asked, glancing at Percy. Everyone else rolled their eyes at her.

“Really, Beauty Queen, isn’t it that obvious?” Leo replied, snorting.

Piper frowned. “I was just checking, you know, making sure Annabeth wasn’t dating someone else.”

Percy’s head reeled to the thought of one of the prophecy lines: And although romantic ties will be kept, one will be broken…

He shuddered. After a day of being engaged to Annabeth, he didn’t want anything to break up their relationship, and hoped their romantic tie wasn’t the one mentioned in the prophecy.

Annabeth looked at all the faces staring at her ring, and cleared her throat. “Um, yeah, I’m engaged to Percy… he proposed to me yesterday after the meeting at the beach where we first had our underwater kiss.”

Leo whistled, and both Percy and Annabeth blushed.

“This is so beautiful…” Ariel murmured, her eyes filled with wonder.

“And the best part about it is…” Percy said, taking the ring off Annabeth’s finger. When he slowly turned the celestial bronze-imperial gold shaped oval on the ring, it immediately turned into a knife, about the same size as the one Annabeth used now.

She gasped. Apparently, she hadn’t thought of twisting the oval on the ring. Everyone else stared at the weapon, clearly impressed.

“This has got to be the best gift I’ve ever gotten; even better than my Yankees cap.” Annabeth said, staring lovingly at Percy. He blushed, glad that she really liked the ring.

‘Things are going to be okay, everything will be okay for me and Annabeth.’ Percy thought. He only hoped it would stay that way after the quest.

“So, I know Annabeth’s ring is really awesome and all that, but we should really be talking about the next type of transportation we need for the quest…” Nico said, trailing off.

Jason cleared his throat. “Right. Pipes and I were thinking we could buy train tickets, since that’s the best transportation we’ve got now.”

Everyone nodded their heads. Percy added, “Try to get tickets where the train will take us farthest down south. I doubt there’s any trains for Florida, but if there is, well, you guys know what to do.”

Jason and Piper nodded. “We should go and get them now. See you guys later.” Jason said, and the two of them left the store, holding hands. Percy saw Nico look at them with envy, and he was guessing the son of Hades had some serious relationship problems going on.

While Jason and Piper were off buying train tickets, Leo was tinkering with a new invention, and Ariel was outside with Nico training, which left Percy and Annabeth alone.

“So Seaweed Brain… you feeling better after the fight with Medusa?” Annabeth asked him, still clearly worried about his gashes earlier.

Percy rolled his eyes. “Course I’m fine, Wise Girl,” He glanced at the clock, and it read 9:16. “But, I think I’m gonna crash right now.” He stood up and kissed Annabeth lightly on the lips, leaving the bright store and going into the boys’ tent.

Percy hoped dreams wouldn’t come to him, but as soon as he lied down on his sleeping bag and drifted off to sleep, the dreams found him.

He was at a monster camp, with laestrygonians, dracanae, Cyclops, telkhines, and more sitting around tents.

“The new one issssss very dangerous.” One dracanae said.

‘Ariel?’ Percy thought, confused.

“Oh yes. We must keep her from coming to the Bermuda Triangle.” Agreed a Cyclops.

“This particular one we must kill, immediately. The others will not be able to comprehend our surprise attack for them.” Grinned a telkhine.

‘Surprise attack?’ Percy thought, trying to grasp the meaning of the words the monsters were saying.

“Oh yes, oh yes.” Agreed a laestrygonian. “But first, we must get rid of the demigod who is at our camp right now, witnessing these very words we are saying.” The monster turned to him, and surrounded Percy’s form with a wall of darkness.

Suddenly, he was at the sea of monsters, where Charybdis was sucking up the whole sea…

Percy looked at the scene and was stunned by the faces he saw: Annabeth, Nico, Jason, Piper, and Leo, even himself; all of them screaming in despair as they were being sucked into Charybdis’s mouth, which was filled with the whole world, Percy saw. The Empire State Building, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Great Wall in China, the Taj Mahal in India, and every great thing in the world was being sucked into Charybdis’s mouth, which seemed full of chaos and disaster.

Percy suddenly heard Poseidon’s voice ring in his head.

“Protect the new demigod, Perseus. She will be vital to the quest. Do not let her vanish before all of you reach the Sea of Monsters, or else, what you just saw, chaos, disaster, destruction: all of this will happen.”

After the god of the sea said that wonderful news to Percy, he was sucked into a world of nothingness, screaming for his life.

Percy woke up with a start, sweating, breathing heavily. He looked around the tent and saw Jason and Nico asleep in their sleeping bags, which meant Leo was outside on first watch. Percy sighed; he had no clue why protecting the new demigod (whom he assumed was Ariel) was important, why the monsters wanted to kill her. What he did know was that the world was going to end if she died now, and it would all be Percy’s fault for not looking out for her.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
If you haven't voted yet, vote for me please! If you vote for nicecatch42 though, I totally understand.

link

Anndd. I made an article, so go check it out!

link
great chapter and poor nico i hope he ends up with ariel soon and wow ariel is going to be the important charachter here instead of percy thats a twist amazing job hope you post soon laters:)
over a year ago the-time-thief said…
smile
That was awesome!! I really like it!!
over a year ago crazyperson22 said…
I know I haven't commented for a while,but I just caught up(again).Those chapters are brilliant!
Thanks everyone. Here is a character extra.

Character Extra 4: Leo

Leo sighed, his breath puffing in front of him in the cold, winter night. How worse could finding a girl be?

First, there was Khione, the goddess of snow and ice who he thought was pretty HOT at first, but turned out to be cold and evil.

Then, there was Thalia, Jason’s sister, who was a Hunter and swore never to love boys.

Next was Hazel, which confused Leo even more. His grandfather was Sammy Valdez, who knew her. She had thought he was the actual Sammy, but Leo knew better than that. It was a trick of Gaea, obviously trying to tear apart the seven demigods. But, Hazel was the closest girl Leo could actually get to, but she loved Frank and ended up dying.

Now there was Ariel, who he thought was pretty cute when he first met her. But, of course, Nico caught her eye first and now Leo was the only one without a person to cuddle with.

Leo remembered what his dad had told him on his first quest; that he wasn’t good with humans, that he preferred automatons. Hephaestus’s trait must have passed down onto Leo, and he shook his head. ‘What an awesome trait, dad. I really love it.’ He thought.

Leo frowned at the latest invention he was working on. He had no clue what it was supposed to do, or why he needed it, only that Hephaestus had given him the spare parts and told him in a dream to put it together. He figured it had something to do with the quest, but Leo wasn’t sure how it would work.

It was the hardest thing he had to put together; even the Argo 2 wasn’t that hard since he had other people helping him with it. His dad had told him not to tell anyone, not even his friends about this. Leo wondered why, but didn’t question his dad; after all, he is a major god.

After a few hours of tinkering with the spare parts, Leo noticed the sun starting to come up a little bit. The tiny sliver of light shone on the object that he was holding, and something clicked in his brain.

Leo Valdez was holding a tiny robot automaton, about the size of his thumb, and inside was a bomb that would surely set off major explosions against any enemy, blasting anything in its path to bits. It was the perfect weapon for Leo, but he wasn’t sure when or where to use it.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­-
If I get four+ comments, I'll post again later.
I might make a short story/article on Drew and Octavian meeting, but I want to hear what you guys think of it. The question is both on The Heroes of Olympus & The Fanfic, I'll give you guys both links.

link

link

P.S. I didn't win the Best Writer Round 1 competition, but that's okay lol.
over a year ago tortillialuvsrr said…
great chapter!!!! i am not talking about the extra
Awesome chapters!!!!!!!!!!! So, are you gonna give Leo someone?
POST SOON! AND DO A DREW/OCTAVIAN fic AND a Percy/Piper fic.
Oh, and btw, I got eliminated from Best Writer, too.......... :P
smile
That was cool. Very exciting!! Can't wait!!
over a year ago _Aphrodite_ said…
O: awesomenessyness :)
over a year ago dezzypoo said…
heart
Leo having a crush! CUTE!!!!
oh post soon plz and awww poor leo! he need to get a girl asap haha and about your drew and octavian story you totally should that would be awesome:)
big smile
Awesome extra!
Thanks everyone! This forum has 1071 views! woah... lol Here is a chapter! Btw, if I get 4+ comments, I'll post again later today.

Chapter 13: Ariel

Ariel tried to shake her recent vision out of her head as soon as the other demigods woke up and they were all walking to the train station. The Amtrak train would take the seven all the way to Virginia, and then they would have to decide on transportation then. Ariel was dreading the ride on the train because of the vision she had earlier…

It had started out with a sunny, blue, clear sky, not a cloud to be seen. But, Ariel knew she shouldn’t be tricked by the gorgeous scenery. Her vision showed an Amtrak train—the exact one that they were about to board now. It had just entered Maryland when suddenly, Ariel saw hordes of monsters coming inside the train, and there were more in there, too. She could make out seven figures fighting for their lives, trying to protect the mortals that were riding inside. Her vision didn’t show what happened next, but what happened many minutes after—the train blew up, bits and pieces of it exploding, and there were terrible, heart-wrenching screams from the mortals.

“Ariel, are you okay?” She heard Nico ask her, and was momentarily brought back to the present. He looked worried, and Ariel noticed he looked cute that way.

‘Shut up Ariel. This is not the time for this.’ She thought, trying to shake her thoughts away.

“Um, yeah… yeah, I’m okay.” Nico still looked worried, and Ariel cursed herself for not being a good liar.

“Well, if you know, anything’s bothering you… you could um… talk to me about it.” Nico replied, and Ariel gave a half smile at his attempt at trying to help her.

When the demigods boarded the train, the conductor clipping tickets, Ariel’s heart gave a little jump when she thought she saw fangs in the conductor’s mouth. She shook the thought away, hoping she was wrong. When the conductor came to clip her ticket, the eyes of the woman bored into Ariel’s and she quickly looked away. She was sitting next to Nico who took the window seat; Jason and Piper were in front of them, Percy and Annabeth the seat across from them, and Leo sitting behind Percy and Annabeth. Ariel felt kind of bad that the son of Hephaestus was sitting alone, but noticed that he was working intently on something, and decided it was for the best.

Most of the train ride was boring, and Ariel didn’t like the silence. She wanted to get that vision out of her head, but no matter how many times she tried, it just came back to her, haunting her mind. She wanted to tell the others, but wasn’t sure about this one… she hoped her vision would be wrong this time.

Nico glanced at her. “You sure you okay?”

Ariel started fidgeting. “Y-yeah. W-what makes you think I’m not okay?”

He raised his eyebrows. “First of all, you’re fidgeting. Second, you’re not talking at all, which is unusual for a demigod with ADHD. Third, your breathing’s really heavy and I can hear your heart beat.”

She blushed. “I’m fine, don’t be such a Chiron, Nico.”

He rolled his eyes but continued on with his own thing—playing games on his iPad. Apparently, technology was bad for demigods, but Nico didn’t seem to follow the rules; he claimed it was a gift from his dad for re-sealing the Doors of Death in the previous war. Ariel wasn’t sure, but kept quiet anyways.

For about two hours the train ride was pleasant, stopping here and there on the way to Virginia. However, when it started going into the territory of Maryland, Ariel got nervous. She could sense something was very wrong here in this picture. Not one monster had attacked them since last night, which according to her watch (it was 11:16 AM), was over twelve hours ago. She noticed Percy, Annabeth, and Jason looking worried too; they were probably thinking the same thing as her. Ariel tried to shake off the feeling, and decided she needed some fresh air. When she stood up, the conductor from before quickly came to her; Ariel had no clue how she could come that fast, since the woman had to be controlling the train right now, right?

“Going so soon, honey?” The conductor asked Ariel sweetly, but with a touch of venom, and Ariel swore she saw fangs when the woman smiled.

Before she could reply, an army of monsters started coming into the section the demigods were seated at. The mortals screamed and quickly exited, and Ariel noticed the others getting out their weapons.

“We can’t let you get away without a fight, dear.” Said the conductor once again, but as soon as the woman stripped off her costume Ariel realized what she really was—an empousa.

Ariel cursed herself. How could she not have known? The fangs, that gave it all away. She took off her bracelet and it turned into her bow and golden arrows. The empousa bared her fangs and lunged towards her, but Ariel was fast. Quickly, she gathered the bow and shot it, the celestial bronze making contact with the monster right away. As soon as it hit the empousa, the monster crumbled to dust, and that was when all hell broke loose. All the other monsters charged towards her, and soon Ariel was overwhelmed by the number of laestrygonians, hellhounds, Hyperborean giants, and dracaenae.
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
Who likes my new profile picture? :D

And, I made an article on Drew & Octavian meeting, so go check it out and comment!

link
Fab chapter!
smile
awesome!! love it!!! post when ever you can!
over a year ago GreekRULES515 said…
Awesome!!!!!!
over a year ago tortillialuvsrr said…
awesome i like your pic
That was awesome! LOL it would be epic if the next chapter was like, "And the train blew up, destroying all the demigods. The monsters went on to rule the world THE END!"
Lol
Post soon!
over a year ago Kronos429 said…
THat would be hilarious!