Advertisement

The Fanfic The Regretted Choice

hollistergurl posted on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:41PM
Title: The Regretted Choice by hollistergurl (me) and MisterPerfect1
Rating: C
Main Characters: Reyna, Hylla, Circe, Bellona, Jeremiah White, Carrie James, Nathan Balderas, and Autumn.
OCs: Jeremiah White, Carrie James, Nathan Balderas, Autumn
(more to come?)
Synopsis: Reyna and Hylla had a tough life since birth. Hylla, the older one, had taken care of Reyna ever since their mom abandoned them and their dad died. But when a mysterious woman promises to give them a better life, should they refuse? And what dangers might lay ahead in the mysterious island...?

Disclaimer: Everything from Percy Jackson and the Olympians + The Heroes of Olympus belong to Rick Riordan.

MisterPerfect1 and I will take turns posting a chapter.
PLEASE COMMENT! :D

please check out our other forums! :)

MisterPerfect1:
[PERFECT]'s Mark of Athena
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-fanfic//fo­rum­/po­st/­160­2..­.en­a

hollistergurl:
Forever (a series)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-fanfic//fo­rum­/po­st/­156­8..­.ov­e

The Heroes of Olympus Talk Show! (a collab between me, universalpowa, and nicecatch42)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-heroes--of­-ol­ymp­us/­for­u..­.ho­w

The Darkness Rising (a collab between me and Kronos429)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-fanfic//fo­rum­/po­st/­161­1..­.in­g

Heroes of Olympus Musical! (a collab between universalpowa and me)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-heroes--of­-ol­ymp­us/­for­u..­.ca­l

Turning Back Time (a collab with me, universalpowa, and Meef)
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-heroes--of­-ol­ymp­us/­for­u..­.nt­s

The Hearth Lost
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-heroes--of­-ol­ymp­us/­for­u..­.os­t
last edited on Apr 09, 2012 at 02:34PM
save

The Fanfic 121 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-25 of 121

over a year ago universalpowa said…
ooh sounds interesting!
i hope one of you posts soon :P
and first comment! yay :D
over a year ago hollistergurl said…
^ lol thanks universal for being the first comment! :D
idk who's gonna post first, i think me..? but i have to make sure
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
Great! :D
If you don't feel comfortable posting first then I'll post. I already got some ideas.
over a year ago venus143 said…
sounds cool post soon:)
over a year ago elifsila said…
sounds intersting post soon
thanks for commenting guys! :D
here is the chapter! enjoy!
MisterPerfect1 will be posting next.

Reyna

Being a twelve-year-old is NOT fun.

Especially if you have a fifteen-year-old sister bossing you around everyday, since you were four.

That’s kind of what life is like for me.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my sister, Hylla, but she’s just so… unlike me at times. We both have long, dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes. But, even though she won’t admit this, Hylla’s easier to fall in love with guys.

Yeah, I’m only twelve, but I feel like I’m fifteen.

Our parents abandoned us since birth—Hylla says they didn’t really “abandon” us, but I think of it that way.

I don’t even know my own mom.

Our dad died when I was like, two, so I barely knew him.

Hylla’s been taking care of me ever since, and we live in our mean Aunt Kathy’s apartment—not the best place to live if you don’t like rats, old dusty furniture, and a really loud grandfather clock.

That’s another thing that’s wrong with my life: living with Aunt Kathy.

I think I’d rather go die in a hole.

She treats me like a rat, but loves Hylla for some reason. I have no clue what she sees in her that she doesn’t see in me, since we’re almost the same except for the love part.

Which is kind of what led to Hylla technically being the one taking care of me, since our Aunt usually goes out and parties and gets drunk and doesn’t come home for days.

It’s been like that since we moved in with her, I think.

But there’s one thing I like about living with Aunt Kathy; it’s the school I go to.

Especially going to school with Nathan.

He’s like my best friend, along with Autumn; Hylla’s boyfriend is Jeremiah, and all they do is make out… ugh.

Sisters these days.

The school’s not so bad, but I have trouble concentrating and always get pulled out of classes for misbehaving—I have ADHD and dyslexia, so that basically makes me a troublemaker.

But being in the same room with Nathan is fun, since he’s hilarious, the class clown; Autumn’s so nice and shy, basically a follower, unlike me; I like to take control and action.

It’s why I’m president of the student government, even though I’m only in the 6th grade—Hylla was so angry, she had a RAGE FACE on when she only got elected to secretary; you could bet I laughed at her sorry face.

I don’t like Jeremiah—something about him, it just doesn’t seem right. He and my sister kiss all the time, and it’s always uncomfortable for me when I come home and they’re kissing on the couch—so I just go over to Nathan’s or Autumn’s house, spending my time there for most of the day, until I have to go home for dinner.

One thing I know for sure that me and Hylla both have in common is our leadership and strength; we’re both strong-minded, and both of us are born to be leaders; that’s what our Principal told us—except she said if we would try to get into less trouble, she’d like us more.

Someday I’d like to escape my life, bringing Nathan and Autumn with me.

Maybe Hylla. Just maybe.

“Reyna, I’m going out for an hour with Jeremiah, can you stay here alone?” Hylla calls out to me from downstairs.

I sigh; she’s almost fifteen, and has been going out with Jeremiah a lot lately—what they do I have no clue, but I’m sure they’re not playing Monopoly.

“Sure, sure, whatever, leaving your twelve-year-old little sister, is totally fine, sure.”

“Reyna, you’re such a pain in the butt. I’m leaving, I’ll be back by nine.”

“Whatever.”

I punch my stuffed teddy bear that now is all ripped up—a gift from my mother, Aunt Kathy tells me.

I’d like to punch my mother in real life, too. Abandoning us, what a coward.

What, was she afraid to take care of us?

I try to push these thoughts back in my head—sometimes I tend to get a little angry, especially when Hylla leaves me alone; I already feel lonely enough in my life, so why can’t I have something that’s always there for me?

Even Nathan and Autumn sometimes leave me out, and they go hang out somewhere else with me.

I’m such a loner sometimes.

Sometimes I don’t mind it, but nights like these when I’m thinking about my mom and Hylla and my dad and Aunt Kathy, I wish someone were here with me, just for company.

I sigh, trying to focus on my Language Arts homework—God, these homophones were killing me.

I got up and huffed, slamming my workbook on the desk—dyslexia’s gonna kill me someday, jumbling all those words up.

I go downstairs to punch the punching bag that we have—it’s a way to get my mind off of things.

I change into lighter clothes, grab a water bottle from the fridge, put on my boxing gloves, and start punching the red bag like it’s my mom, Hylla, Aunt Kathy, Jeremiah, anyone in my life who I feel has failed me.

Punch. Take that, mom.

Punch. That’s for leaving me alone, Hylla.

Punch. Punch. Treating me like a rat, Aunt Kathy? Punch. Punch.

Punch. Punch. Stealing my sister away from me, Jeremiah? Punch. Punch.

Soon enough, I feel better and start to get a little sweaty, so I sit down and rest a bit, then get into the shower.

When I come out, I dry my hair and change into shorts and a V-neck t-shirt, my hair in a ponytail; I look myself in the mirror, wanting to be more beautiful and graceful like Autumn.

We’re both skinny, but I’m more muscular, my cheekbones defined and all that—it’s annoying sometimes, because I wish I was more like a weak-skinny-girl type.

I look at the clock—8:55. Only five more minutes until Hylla comes home.

I mindlessly play with my hair, trying out new styles, trying to become a little more girly—it didn’t really work.

Suddenly, the door bell rang and I jump.

Why would Hylla ring the door bell?
last edited over a year ago
:D

Guys, this is a must-see!

^ LMFAO THAT'S SO HILARIOUS AND CUTE! <3
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Awesomene story.
over a year ago Kronos429 said…
:O You said Hylla was 13, then you said she was almost 15...
tf hollister? >.>
and the title could be better.... alot better :P
^ whooops
typo
that was what i originally typed, but in my mind i changed it
and i didn't come up with the title, but i think it's a really good one.
o_o
Then what should the title be? -_-'
over a year ago venus143 said…
that chapter was great and the video funny and cute haha anyways can't whait till someone posts:)
heart
Can someone post I can't wait
Pllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss­sss­sse­eee­eee­eee­eee­
I love it
over a year ago Meef said…
i want moar
lol thanks guys :)
MisterPerfect1 will post soon, maybe tomorrow? idk yet
Yeah. I'll post tomorrow.
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
big smile
I'M ELMO AND I KNOW IT!!!!
ill think of one... I always do :D
heart
Chapter Two

Jeremiah, my boyfriend, drove me back to my aunt’s house. He had such an awesome red Porsche that made anyone (everyone) at school jealous. I still couldn’t believe we were going out, but then again, I do. Besides being one of the most popular girls in school, why wouldn’t he go out with me? “Thanks for the ride,” I said, kissing him on the cheek.

Handing me my jacket, he said, “No problem. Are you busy tomorrow?” His hand traced down my cheek. I love the way he always touches me gently.

“Of course not.” I lifted one of my eyebrows. “As long as it’s with you, I’m always going to be there.” Jeremiah’s hand, sliding to the back of my neck, pulled me near. We were about to kiss when—the front porch lit up.

“Yuck!” It was Reyna. She held our front door ajar, her face etched with disgust. “Can’t your mouths stay away from each other for at least a second?”

Giving Jerry an apologetic look, I turned around. “What now, Rey?”

“One, don’t call me that; and two, get your butt in here. This is important!” I wave good-bye to Jeremiah and rushed into the house. I had to use all of my self-control not to strangle Reyna.

That could’ve been a very good kiss! I thought. As I walked in, I flung my jacket onto the coat rack. Reyna had already run into the living room. I had to admit: this place was a mess. If we had more money, I would’ve hired someone to reconstruct the entire house. Where was Extreme Home Makeover when you needed them?

“This is why I needed you so badly,” Reyna said. Before us stood a middle-aged lady with frizzy black hair that flowed over her shoulders. Her eyes were pitch black and held a calm, steady gaze. Everything about her made my nerves to start tingling. Danger! Danger! was like a neon sign, flashing in my mind.

Involuntarily, I took a step back. “Who are you?” I choked out.

The woman stood. She was surprisingly tall. The hem of her long black robe touched the floor, hiding her feet. She looked like the floating Grim Reaper’s wife. “I am Circe,” the woman said, spreading her arms in a somewhat welcoming gesture, “the Great Sorceress, user of magic.”

<Sorry, guys, for the short CHAPTER! I was busy working on my Mark of Athena. I promised Monica that I would add more romance.>
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-fanfic//fo­rum­/po­st/­160­2..­.nt­s
awesome! :D
i'll get working on the chapter soon and (hopefully) post tomorrow!
Awesome!
over a year ago pjlover447 said…
Awesome post soon plzz
over a year ago pjlover447 said…
Awesome! Plzz post soon