Hello, people of the HoO fandom! I come in peace... anyways, I just finished reading TLH and SoN, and am DYING for MoA! So to pass time, I have decided to pull up some predictions and try analyzing! :) So, today I'm going to do an in-depth look at the Prophecy of Seven, line-by-line. Feel free to contradict me, argue or agree with me in the comments. I love a good debate :) Anyways, without further ado. Let's begin!
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
To storm or fire, the world must fall
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death
Okay, let's start with line one...
1. Seven half-bloods shall answer the call
Okay, so far six of the seven half-bloods have been confirmed and they go as:
1. Jason (I bet you he'll be the leader of the pack, even if he seems much of a Gary-Stu)
2. Piper (I don't understand all the hate surrounding her. So she's got beauty AND brawn, that doesn't make her an automatic Mary-Sue! I think she'll be there for Jason if he ever falls under Gaea's temptation or whatever.)
3. Leo (I FRICKIN LOVE HIM! Okay, just needed to get that out. Anyways, Hera/Juno/Tía Callida said he'd play a big part and Gaea said he'd be a valuable pawn so let's call him the Ron Weasley of HoO, small and vulnerable at first but fierce and powerful at the end. We'll never know.)
4. Hazel (She seemed to play a small part at first though I am a 100% sure she'll be bigger later. I'm sure she's the most vulnerable of the 7 cuz Gaea nearly manipulated her once. We don't know but it might happen again! Oh and the Leo/Hazel/Frank love triangle might complicate things :P)
5. Frank (I hate this guy -___- So, you know all that about how he's going to play a big part and stuff by Mars or someone? Yeah, so he'll be a big hero and yadda yadda yadda but remember how Iris said he'll be destined to die with the stick on fire in his hand? Yeah, so I think his end's near and the death of him will be... LEO! Because Leo's fire powers will TOTALLY own his. Okay sorry for the un-professional-ness. I'm in a Frank-hating mood)
6. Percy (Juno/Hera called him, I quote, 'the glue that holds the seven together' so he'll be a major-ish character. He'll be the bridge that connects the Greek and Romans, I'll tell you that!)
Okay, so these are the six confirmed ones. Who will the seventh be?
There are several reasons for this. They are:
a) Wisdom's daughter walks alone, the Mark of Athena burns through Rome. Many people suggest that 'wisdom's daughter' may be referring to Annabeth which I agree with. Although we may be wrong as it could also mean 'if you are wise, walk alone' or whatever.
b) Hera/Juno told Percy at the end of SoN, 'the one closest to you will cause the most trouble' Obviously referring to Annabeth. I really can't put this into words but somehow it seems quite obvious it may be Annabeth.
c) Rick Riordan won't just create a random character and say 'Oh hey, here's your seventh. Enjoy!' That's very unlike him. He'll probably give us a character we know very well and deserves more screentime (I wish it was Nico though :( )
So, that's who I think are the seventh are, even if you guys won't agree. :)
2. To storm or fire the world must fall
Alright, so far the only theory to this is Leo (fire) and Jason (storm) will cause some sort of trouble. In TLH, we say how easily Medea manipulated those two and how much tension is between them. Could it possible that Gaea could manipulate one of them into hating one another? It's possible, you never know. Another theory could be that some godly form of fire and the storm could effect them. However as far as my research goes, I only found Hepheastus controlling fire and Zeus controlling the storm so we'll put that theory aside for now.
3. An oath to keep with a final breath
This is the only line of the prophecy that has not been discussed in all two books so this is pretty much a lot of speculation. However a new theory suggests 'the oath' could be loyalty to the gods. What if SOMEONE betrays them and dies...? Or the laws of death maybe? As far as we know, this line is pretty much all blank. Any theories?
EDIT: I just realized: What if CHIRON breaks one of his forbidden oaths as fore mentioned in TLH? What if he DIES keeping the secret? That would explain the 'an oath to keep with a final breath' part. Any light to be shed on this new theory?
4. And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death
The Doors of Death, as explained by Aphrodite in Piper's dream, is an exit from the Underworld that was opened by Gaea so deceased mortals (only ones with special talents, such as Medea and Midas) could be reborn. However, it is unknown at this time who the foe's are that the prophecy is referring to. Could they be referring to Gaea and the Giants? Or maybe some other unknown enemy? What are the 'arms' they are referring to? We might never know.
Well that's all my speculation! If you have any more theories or new ideas, don't hesitate to comment. That's all for now! How were my theories? Good? Bad? Possible? Comment away! Bye fellow Heroes! :)
EDIT: This is pretty off-topic but I HAD to say this. You know in RR's official MoA, the first chapter's first line says something about an exploding statue? Well I think it's Terminus cuz he's going to lose it when he sees the Greeks, the warship and all those weapons. What do you think? Anyways, just needed to get that out, sorry :P