The Heroes of Olympus Songfic Collection

RomanGreekDemi posted on Sep 22, 2011 at 09:39PM
I really have no idea how long this will last, since it's a one-shot/songfic. Why not do it, though? This was originally going to be published on FanFiction.Net. And still is.
----------------------------------
Ahem. USED to be a one-shot/songfic, until lenorg inspired me. One comment can do a lot, guys! :)
----------------------------------
Written because I felt like it.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS OR ANY OF THE SONGS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, OR THOUGHT. If I did, I would be rich, wouldn't I?

Right Now...
Point of No Return
Song - Drops of Jupiter
Artist - Train
Characters - Jason G. & Reyna
Categories - Angst/Hurt
Summary - Flying into Camp Jupiter on a warship is never the best idea, especially if you left your old girlfriend for a new one.

Coming Up Next...
Title - Never Go Back
Song - Runaway
Artist - Love and Theft (band)
Characters - Thalia G.
Categories - Angst
Summary - Just get further and further from the Wolf House, and she won’t dwell on her loss as much. Don’t think about what happened, and she can sew up the hole in her heart.

Later... - May be filled in, or not, depending on my ideas
{No Ideas}
last edited on Sep 25, 2011 at 08:33PM
save

The Heroes of Olympus 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago MisterPerfect1 said…
Cool, post soon.
over a year ago RomanGreekDemi said…
Shattered Heart

I know I can't take one more step, towards you.

She feels a wave of angry emotion rise up inside her. He came back for her, the exact opposite of what she told him to do.

The stupid idiot. He abandons her, and has the nerve to come scampering back, two years later, to ask her out again?

'Cause all that's waiting is regret.

Certainly. Her reunion with Jason wasn't as happy as Percy and Annabeth's. Not even close. She knew that the instant Percy drops everything and runs towards Annabeth, drawing her into a hug. She knew that a second time when the son of Jupiter emerges from the flying warship, hand-in-hand with a Cherokee girl.

And don't you know I'm not your ghost, any more?

Jason Grace isn't meeting her eyes. "Long time, no see, Reyna."

She can't stand it any more and explodes in front of Lupa and the whole Roman camp. "Long time, no see, Grace?"

You lost the love that I loved most.

Jason stiffens, obviously conscious of the fact that he said the wrong statement. "Okay, okay, I'm—"

She interrupts. "I'm sick of you! Two years ago, I spend the first three months when you were gone, sneaking out of camp at midnight, losing sleep, harnessing the pegasi, to search around the world for you, you fucking idiot! I spend the next three months losing even more sleep, searching for the Greek camp so that I can find you! And that was how you repayed me, you bastard. You ran off with that Piper girl and totally forgot about me.

I learned to live, half-alive.

"I—I—"

"I willingly gave you access to my love," she snarls. "I let you take my heart. What do you do with it, Jason? You break it and shatter it into a million pieces!"

Jason holds up his hands. "Reyna, it isn't like that—"

And now you want me one more time.
And who do you think you are?

"Well, Jason? Who d'you think you are?" she says. "You save the camp, say that you would sacrifice the world for me, go missing, return, and scamper off with another girlfriend. Doesn't that sound a bit wrong to you, huh?"

Runnin' around leavin' scars.
Collectin' your jar of hearts,
And tearing love apart.

Jason takes a shaky breath.

"You never cared, did you?" she asks softly. "You were just playing around with me, weren't you, Jason?"

Jason looks upset. "Reyna, I wasn't playing around with you."

You're gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul.

"Oh, yes," she icily says. "Which is why you abandon me the first chance you get. You're worse then the Greek goddess of snow, Khione."

"No!" Jason says, paling. "I..."

So don't come back for me.

"I said a couple years ago," she hisses, "that you're going to come back one day, begging for forgiveness. You know what I would say, you asshole?"

Jason edges away. "Uh..."

"You're rejected!" she yells, startling the demigod in front of her. "Don't try to come back for me, Jason! That's what I said, years ago!"

Who do you think you are?
I hear you're asking all around.
If I am anywhere to be found.

"I know what you've been doing," she snarls. "You've been roaming around the continent, asking if they know where I am. Are you really that stupid, Jason? You think that I would leave Camp Jupiter and follow you after you left me in the dust? At least Percy Jackson and your sister were nice enough to console me about letting go. Did you know how I felt?"

Jason flinches when she mentions Thalia.

But I have grown too strong, to ever fall back in your arms.

"I'm sorry!" he desperately says.

She hears Hazel call, "You think that that will change her mind, Jason?"

"I'm never falling for you again," she spits, getting right into Jason's face.

I've learned to live, half a life.

"You do know how your sister felt when Luke Castellan betrayed her?" the daughter of Death says. "My pain was like that—but a hundred times more painful."

Jason seems to stop breathing. "I don't know," he whispers, bowing his head. "She didn't really talk to me after I left you for Piper."

"You don't know anything!" she shouts. "You don't know how hard it is when you liked a person for thirteen years—thirteen fucking years—and they throw you away like a piece of garbage after you start going out for three months! Piper McLean may have ditched you, and you were only together for two years. Can you compare that to thirteen?"

And now you want me, one more time.

"Give it up, Jason," she snaps. "You won't get me back, and I swear that on my life..."

Jason winces as the camp draws a collective gasp.

"I'll ask you again, Jason Grace," she spits out. "Who do you think you are? I want your answer."

Jason stutters and cannot seem to form an reply. "I...I don't..."

"To this day," she says, glaring at the son of Jupiter in front of her, "I still have not been able to reclaim all the pieces of my soul. You left a gaping chasm in me."

Collectin' your jar of hearts.
And tearing love apart.

"You scorn everybody's love, like Narcissus did," she coldly says. "You love nobody but yourself. You're a disgrace to Venus."

Thunder booms outside.

"You rip love apart like it is tissue paper." She contemplates Jason in disgust. "When will you learn that love is a precious feeling, an emotion, and so incredibly fragile?"

You're gonna catch a cold,
From the ice inside your soul.

"Look, Reyna," Jason pleads, almost begging. "I'm sorry for what I did."

"Like Hazel said," she snarls, "saying 'Sorry' won't do the trick."

"Leave," she says, taking a step towards Jason, who takes a step back. "Leave. Me. Alone."

Aurum and Argentium growl beside her.

It, took so long, just to feel, all right.
Remember, how to put, back the light, in my eyes.

"She went into a period of doing nothing after you left her," somebody comments quietly besides Reyna. She whirls around to find Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia standing behind her.

"I'm guessing that this is a bad time to visit," Percy hesitantly says after a long period of awkward silence.

She glares at Jason, who is white-faced by now.

I wish, that I had missed, the first time, that we kissed.

She blots out everybody and everything but Jason. "I wish that the first time we kissed never happened," she says. "It was hollow. It meant nothing, so why bother caring about it?"

'Cause you broke all your promises.

"Again, do you remember the time when you promised that you would do anything to look out for me, and I for you?"

"Y-y-yes?"

"I held my side of the bargain by worrying my life aside when you went missing!" she yells. "What have you done for me, Grace?"

Jason looks away as Annabeth and Thalia throw a quick glance at his direction.

And now you're back,
You don't get to get me back.

"Just go away," she says for the third time. "Just leave and spare me the trouble of getting rid of you myself. Don't ever come back, I swear that I will take your head off."

Despite her warnings, Jason persists. "Reyna, please! I swear, I'm sorry for the pain I caused you!"

"Sorry? My ass," she retorts. "I told you that sorry doesn't CUT IT!"

Apparently, Annabeth nor Thalia can stand it anymore. They drag Percy outside to wait.

Collectin' your jar of hearts.
And tearing love apart.

"Tell me, you asshole," she asks. "Have you broken anybody else's heart recently? Do you have more pieces of hearts that you keep, running around and leaving scars? Severing the bonds of friendships?"

"I strongly suggest that you commit suicide or something like that. Save yourself before betrayal drowns you and lands you in the Fields of Punishment. You're not getting into Elysium after what you've done, no matter how many giant kings you sent to Tartarus."

Don't come back at all.

"I'll give you two more minutes," she threatens. "Two minutes, and I behead you. Unless you run for it, of course. And after you do, don't come fucking back. You don't deserve to be the leader of Camp Jupiter. You never did."

Jason moistens his lips.

"Listen, Reyna, I am sincerely sorry that I ditched you."

"You said sorry about a billion times. Where did it get you? Nowhere. You have one minutes and twenty-three seconds."

"I wish that I can repair the hole in your heart," he desperately says. "I'm sorry for the hundredth time!"

"One minute."

Collectin' your jar of hearts,
And tearing love apart.

Jason's breathing quickens as he whispers, "Please. I beg you."

"Begging does nothing, bastard!" she screams.

Don't come back for me,
Don't come back at all.

"Thirty seconds," she hisses.

Jason starts edging towards the door. "Reyna—"

"Ten."

Jason made one last attempt. "I'll do my best to give my love back to you, as you did to me."

"Five."

"Please!" Jason begs.

"One."

Jason finally takes the cue and runs for it.

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­-
Yes, quite a bit of cussing and swearing. I'm sorry...but hope you liked it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
Twas good!!! For some reason I keep saying Twas.
Hmm...maybe a collection of one-shots. Angsts. That would be nice...for it? Or not?
over a year ago lenorg said…
i have an idea maybe you can continue like a songfic story its never ben done before.
Not my best angst songfic, but whatever.

Point of No Return

Now that she’s back in the atmosphere,
Reyna used to think that the Greeks were smart. After seeing a couple of idiots have the nerve to fly a warship into the middle of Camp Jupiter, she isn’t so sure of that anymore.
The good thing?
Jason. Jason Grace, son of Jupiter, saving grace of the camp, yada, yada, yada. Missing six months of Camp Jupiter activities.
With drops of Jupiter in her hair.
Reyna can still remember the day Jason went missing. The whole camp was tearing itself apart, and even Lupa could barely keep the angry demigods under control. Because their leader, their Praetor of the First Legion was gone.
She acts like summer and walks like rain,
Reyna never actually let her true feelings show about Jason. She smiled, laughed, pretended everything was all right and kept on running the First Legion in the stead of Jason. But her spirit was broken inside.
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey.
Reyna only let her true feelings pour out to Hazel Levesque. The daughter of Pluto often had to remind Reyna that Jason would come back one day, and he wouldn’t abandon her like a rock inside his shoe. If only Hazel knew how wrong she would be…
Since the return from her stay on the moon,
To be honest, for the first few days after Jason went missing, Reyna went into shock. She would stay in her cabin, snapping at anybody who dared venture in, with only Aurum and Argentium for company. She literally became a bag of bones.
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey!
Every so often, Reyna would drift off to her own world during track, archery, or sword fighting, and would be landed in the infirmary and berated by Lupa for a week.
But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Reyna often wondered where Jason was for three months. She often wondered why he left Camp Jupiter to fend for itself.
Did you make it to the Milky Way
Three months after his disappearance, the son of Neptune, Perseus Jackson had arrived at camp, carrying hippy lady Juno on his back.
Reyna was sure that Percy had answers to where Jason was, and in the end, she was right. Reyna had nearly burst with surprise after Percy said that he came from Camp Half-Blood, and Juno had probably exchanged him and Jason. Which basically meant that Jason was thousands of miles away, at Montauk, Long Island.
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?

She spent the next week screaming obscenities and curses against Juno. Reyna knows that it didn’t score any points with their already tense “connection”, but it was totally relieving to put the blame on someone.
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
That all changed when the Greeks landed a flying warship in the midst of Camp Jupiter. She instantly knew that there would be missing half of her heart forever.
One without a permanent scar,
Yes, Piper McLean was a daughter of Venus, goddess of love. Reyna didn’t stand a chance if this Venus spawn could charmspeak and Jason didn’t regain most of his memories.
And then you missed me.
Reyna pushed to the front of the assembled legions and stared at the son of Jupiter. “Do. You. Remember. Me?”
“Yes,” Jason said, letting go of Piper’s hand. “You’re Reyna, daughter of Death.”
“Did you miss me?”
He looked uncomfortable. “Yes…”
While you were looking for yourself out there?
“You weren’t murdered.”
“Yes,” Jason agreed. “I still have all my arms and legs. Although I really did have a couple of close calls.”
Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Jason knew that Reyna probably spent hours worrying for him as Annabeth did for Percy. He kind of remembers what happened when they were together, and he knows that Reyna would probably do anything for him.
He looked between Piper and Reyna, both of whom were staring daggers at each other.
Tracing her way through the constellation,
Jason remembered when Reyna first pointed out the night sky to him. She showed him the constellations; Sagittarius, the Gemini, Cancer, Aquarius, Taurus…that was the first time he truly appreciated what his father was the god of. Really, the night sky was beautiful…
She checks out Mozart while she does Tae-Bo,
Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey!

He remembered his first quest with her. He was positive that they would fail and the world would burn. She encouraged him to keep on going, to never think about the consequences of failing the quest until it actually happened. It never did. Jason pulled through the quest, and he knew that he probably would have never been able to do it without Reyna.
Now that she's back in the atmosphere,
Jason was scared of what he might do. Now that he was in front of his old girlfriend, live and in flesh.
I'm afraid that she might think of me as
Plain ol' Jane told a story about a man.
Who was too afraid to fly so he never did land.

Jason knew that he would probably choose Piper over Reyna. He barely remembered Reyna, although he was positive that they had done a lot of things together.
But Piper was more…easy to be friends with. Reyna looked like the kind of girl who wouldn’t take “no” for an answer.
Jason knew that that was a terrible explanation, so he just winged it.
But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
“Reyna,” he said uncomfortably. Reyna tore her glare from Piper to him. “Yes?”
Did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day

“Are you happy?”
Reyna narrowed her now-nearly black eyes at him. “Why do you ask?”
And head back to the Milky Way?
“Uh…would you be happy without me?”
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind?
He bombed it. Reyna saw the expression on Jason’s face. “Jason Grace? Are you sure that Cupid didn’t shoot you?”
“Who’s Cupid?”
“Son of Venus, goddess of love?”
“Oh.” Jason looked like he was about to break down. “Um…sure.”
Was it everything you wanted to find?
And then you missed me

“You said you missed me,” Reyna said.
While you were looking for yourself out there
Reyna saw Jason’s face pale. He was in hot water right now with her.
Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you
Even when I know you're wrong?

“You do know,” Reyna said, taking a step towards Jason, who nervously stepped back, “that I always stuck up for you? Even when I thought that you were doing the wrong thing? When the whole camp thought you shouldn’t do it? That I still supported your thinking?”
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze-dried romance
Five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had, and me?

Jason opened his mouth, and closed it again. “Uh…”
To Reyna, that was universal body language that Jason was about to dump her.
But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
“You’re positive,” Reyna said, “that you know me.”
“I know you,” Jason weakly said. “I’m sure of that.”
Did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day

“So,” Reyna coldly said, crossing her arms. “Let me ask you a question. Are you happy with her?” She tilted her head towards the girl.
Jason’s jaw flapped like a fish without water.
And head back toward the Milky Way?
“Don’t lie, Jason,” Reyna sighed. “I can read you like an open book in Latin.”
Jason stuttered, “I-I—”
But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way

“Just answer,” Reyna tiredly said. “Right now, I’m not sure if I would actually care one way or another.”
Jason gulped. “Ah…”
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?

“Jason!”
Jason looked away. “I’m sorry, Reyna. I really am. But…”
He looked at the girl. “I choose Piper.”
And tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
Reyna had privately known that he was going to say that right when he intelligently said “Um”.
One without a permanent scar
And then you missed me
While you were looking for yourself?

Jason was looking at her fearfully, like she would explode any minute. And part of Reyna wanted to do just that. But she knew that it wouldn’t make anything better.
“Well, Jason,” Reyna said, turning her back on him. “I think that I’d better leave you and Piper some time alone together. Just remember one thing, Jason. Don’t come running back to me. Ever.”
And did you finally get the chance
To dance along the light of day?

She pushed past a gawking Hazel. She shoved through an open-mouthed Bobby. She pressed past a gaping Frank. She wound her way through the whole of Camp Jupiter, all of whom turned to glare at Jason, who looked so small against all the looks his friends were giving him.
And did you fall for a shooting star?
Fall for a shooting star?

Jason went for Piper. Reyna can’t do anything about it. She was broken inside.
And now you're lonely, looking for yourself out there.
Reyna seriously doubted that she would ever stick up for the son of Jupiter ever again. He was on his own.