Advertisement

The Heroes of Olympus Stalker's Mark of Athena

icuSTALKER posted on Feb 07, 2012 at 02:04PM
First of all, hi. Sometimes I say 'sup so if you want to think of me saying that, it's all cool.
Sooo, icuSTALKER here and yes, a lot of you have probably seen me before:D. It may be from acquaintances, fans, forum posts, whatever. Mostly, everyone knows me by my comments on their forums. :) A lot of people find me funny, probably childish and immature:D. And there's NO WAY they think I could be good at writing. I'm too flimsy and too random that I could never EVER write a story. So I'm thinking that you're thinking this: 'icuSTALKER? Writing a story??:OO SHOOT ME NOW.'
BUT I am willing to try because I am a Mexican!:D DO NOT ASK IF I AM RACIST BECAUSE THE ANSWER IS NO. :D
So here it goes. :D
Synopsis: Romans and Greeks are prepared to solve two problems:
a) find Nico
b) save the world
But what they're not ready for is to solve their own personal issues or figure out what the prophecies mean. Oh, and, traitors are amongst them. Not ready for that either.
So, I know this has been done a million times, but I figured that if my writing really was good like I've been told, people would notice and I would know if my writing is good, and what's wrong with it. Then people would pay attention to this forum.:) just a theory.
If there is any discrimination against Leo, I will personally ask Santa Claus to postpone your present's arrival:D
Leo is awesome. Period.:D
These are Amphitrite's rules, Reposted: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-heroes--of­-ol­ymp­us/­art­i..­.te­d
If you're a fan of the Hunger Games, maybe you'll like this new story I'm working on but maybe not:D
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/crossovers//fo­rum­/po­st/­176­1..­.in­g
Rating: C, for some violence (it's Percy Jackson, dudes!!) but no language.
Type (Genre): Adventure, Romance, Mythology, maybe Humor (I'll try)
Disclaimer: All rights to Rick Riordan 'cause he rocks and I'd feel so mean claiming I wrote his story because mine is way worse.
And by the way, spam is legal here. Please keep the cussing to a minimum. Thank you.
I am a religious person and paranoid about some ideas:P. If you find me annoying, that's good, because it means I'm doing my job. Kidding.
Characters: Ella, Tyson, Percy, Octavian, Jason, Reyna, Piper, Leo, Annabeth, Clarisse, Chris, Frank, Rachel, and a ton more that you probably can think of off the top of your head but I can't.
OC's: Heida, Cody, Kenneth, maybe some more as the story progresses:)
I will post when I have time, when I am bored, or simply when my sister screams at me to.
Please criticize as much as you feel the need to.
Thank you.
A few of my favorite forums:
The Two Heroes (universalpowa)
Newbee's Heroes of Olympus (131newbee313)
The Mark of Athena (Wisdoms_Child)
Aphrodite's Mark of Athena (Aphrodite100)
Percy and the hunger games (kristalovepercy)
my mark of athena (Athenaswisdom)
Newbee's Mark of Athena (131newbee313)
Betrayed… :O (Seaweed_Brain12)
The Mark of Athena (HecateA)
The Mark of Athena (kgirl925, I think)
Son of Neptune-My Story (lovespercy)
Black Rain (jace-lightwood)
And sooo many others:).....
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS. ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME AND I WILL MOST LIKELY USE THEM.
*~Hayalim Kedoshim~*
And that's only a few:)
TwigmanFTW and I just want you all to know…
FLUFFY TACOZ DESERVE RIGHTS!!! THEY SHOULD BE PRESIDENTS!!!!! WITH FROSTING!!!:D
End. Of. Story. :):D
*This message has been approved by Chuck Norris.*
[A/N]: Special thanks to those who have helped me and the following:
Wisdoms_Child for staying faithful to this story...
Aphrodite100 for being nice about everything she does...
universalpowa for sticking by me and being a great friend...
percyroxz for being one of the first ones to comment and encourage me...
lovespercy for her valuable criticism and help with my writing...
annabeth523 for always being here and never giving up...
oceanlover123 for never leaving and encouraging me...
kristalovepercy for being a great friend and helping me be happy...
TwigmanFTW for being so very cheerful and being one of the best friends I could ever have...
megon4ever for making my day with her comments and reading no matter what...
...and EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS READING THIS FORUM!:D:D:D:D You guys are awesome!!!!

ONE MORE THING. YES, I KNOW I SAID I ALLOW SPAM AND I STILL DO. BUT IF YOU SPAM, PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE AND ERASE ALL YOUR SPAM COMMENTS AFTER TWO OR THREE DAYS. IF NOT, I WILL PERSONALLY SEND YOU A MESSAGE TO REMIND YOU AND IF YOU STILL IGNORE IT, I WILL REPORT. THE ANCIENTS (Oldies or Ancient Heroes) ARE WORKING TO CLEAN UP HoO AND WE WILL NOT MAKE IT HARDER FOR THEM. IF YOU WANT TO HELP, PLEASE START HERE.
:D Thank you sooo much!!!:D

*'I'm Chuck Norris, and I approve this message'*
CHUCK NORRIS HAS APPROVED OF THIS MESSAGE. THEREFORE, THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE POLICE TO ARREST ME FOR COPYRIGHT, ILLEGAL COMPOSITION, OR ANY DEATH THAT MAY OCCUR ON THIS FORUM.
Quote from Leo, the Lost Hero: Humor was a good way to hide the pain.
Peace out.:D
icuSTALKER

last edited on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:56PM
save

The Heroes of Olympus 310 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-125 of 310

over a year ago JesusRox said…
Btw, I'm new:D
over a year ago oceanlover123 said…
big smile
Welcome JesusRox! HEy ur a big fan of Jesus? I am! Post soon stalker!
over a year ago icuSTALKER said…
Haha!!! *raises hand* Teacher!!! Jesus Freak, right here!!!!!:):):):):)
Imma Jesus Freak, a huge one :D
So I am working on a new chapter and I hope to be done with it....um....Friday? We'll see:D
Welcome, JesusRox!:D glad you could join us!!!!!:):):):):)
We are all friends here:D I will post as soon as I can which may take a while but I'm willing to try:)
have a nice week!!!!:):):):)
over a year ago TwigmanFTW said…
smile
^well apart from the guy on the "Mark Of Athena*" lol :)
^oohh haha THAT was bad. I have never, in my life, seen so much cussing. Daaaanng lolz.:)
smile
^I know....and from the most unlikely people as well lol :D
over a year ago kgirl925 said…
smile
haha its great!:)) keep posting
~Karen
KKK, I am such a bad person, forgive me:/. I can't post today because...
a) the chapter is not done because I got myself banned from the iPod on Wednesday
b) I'm very busy right now
c) my friends are fighting
d) I'm having a problem with a guy who likes me wayyyy too much and is talking about inappropriate stuff with my friend
e) Chuck Norris decided to drop by for a visit and I got hit with a sudden tiredness
SSOOOO, these are the reasons I can't post, although I technically said it would be today because I said *scrolls up* I would post about Friday. Well, I can't, so I am very very very sorry:/. On the bright side, my spring break has started!:D Have a nice week!!!!!:D:D
Peace out.
icuSTALKER
smile
^that seems to be a dilemma there for u. Glad I'm not you lol :D
Just tell the guy u don't like him then lol :D
@TwigmanFTW huge dilemma lol. The guy won't leave me alone and my friend refuses to let him have my number because he says REALLY inappropriate stuff apparently. Yesterday he gave me a compliment and I said ummm thanks? And he said no problem it's true. So now I'm debating whether to tell my friend to give me his number so I can yell at him or explain the situation rationally or whether I should just march over to the school and punch him. Long story short, he goes to my old school lol.
THIS IS A PREVIEW. Probably a long one, but a preview nonetheless :). If you want rrrreeeeaaaallllyyyy long chapters, check out HecateA's or 131newbee313's. Those are super lOng and newbee is already on his fourth? book lol it's awesomeness so again this is simply a preview. The whole chapter is not done. Yet since I have to edit and write more and stuff. Maybe I'll make it a super long chapter lol though I will probably fail so wish me luck!!!:D Enjoy!!!!:):):):):)
Chapter 12, Gwendolyn
Gwen didn't like this.
 Clang!
 The sword and dagger each struck in midair. She could hear the metal scrape against each other maddeningly, like nails on a blackboard. It made her wince, and her armor shifted. She didn't have time to fix it, however. The Greek launched at her with a series of quick slashes. She read the pattern, dodged, felt the blade scrape a chink in her armor, next to her thigh. She bit back a curse as pain flared in her whole leg, engulfing it like it was on fire. Her vision blurry, she catapulted herself at her attacker. The dagger met its mark perfectly like magnets linking into place. The Greek howled and gripped his arm.
 Gwen somehow felt guilty. Poor Percy and Jason. They were trying to get born enemies to accept each other and Gwen wanted it to happen. She really did.
 But this Greek had tried hard to tick her off. He staggered back from her blow, cursing in Latin, English, and Greek. Clenching her teeth, Gwen advanced, the dagger raised threateningly.
 The attacker was the one they called Cody from the Mars cabin. Ares. Whatever. His name made her think of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and she almost laughed. But he really wanted to tick her off. The first was after the Senate meeting, when he attempted to trip her. The second was when he shoved her to the ground while he was supposedly 'trying to find Percy'. But that wasn't what got her riled. She could shrug off those 'accidents' easily. The worst was when he proclaimed Romans to be nothing but selfish, self-centered, bloody jerks and he pointed at her and said, "Such as this one."
 That's when she stormed up to him and gave him a good deep cut on the neck. And a slap. The smartest thing? Probably not. But this Greek was a foolish stupid pig. She couldn't take it. She knew most of them weren't like this. But this one had already nursed a hatred for her to existence.
 Why can't I be in college now? she thought.
 His sword slashed at her neck and she performed the Augustus Plan. She rolled to the ground with a war cry, somersaulting to her feet, just at the right angle to her opponent. One strike and he fell to his knees. Her ears were ringing with the ecstatic screams she got from Senators, centurions, legionnaires, and the retired. They screamed for blood. "Jugular!" A cry for death. They wanted blood. All they lived and breathed for right now was blood.
 A lump caught in her throat and she lowered her dagger hesitantly. This wasn't Rome. This wasn't what it was about. Her knees knocks together; her arms trembled so violently, she feared she would stab herself with her own dagger. And she'd learned that that wasn't fun.
 She saw that stick figure of Octavian overlooking the scene from a pegasus flying overhead. He was gone in an instant.
 Cody had haggled to his feet while she was distracted, his face matted with dry blood, red stringy hair sticking to his forehead, only glued there by his own blood and sweat. His brown eyes were wild but determined, like he really wanted to kill her. His fingers were cut up pretty badly and a bruise was swelling in his neck. Ouch. That would hurt in the morning. But he still managed to hold his sword, breathing labored. And she admired him for that. She admired his tenacity and stamina. He'd make a good soldier.
 "Hey!" someone yelled. "Finish him off!"
 Her hesitation was too much for them and Cody. Red liquid trickled down his lips and he launched for her with surprising speed, considering she had injured his calf and it gave him a painful limp. In that instant, his sword came down. And in that instant, she knew she couldn't block it.
 It whistled as it flew and she braced herself for impact. Perhaps she should've rolled to the ground. Saved herself in the best possible way. But somehow she couldn't. Her feet were roots. She couldn't move.
 The strike never came. Instead, she was startled badly by that one deafening sound: THRUM!!!!! With a yelp, she staggered back, the very ground vibrating with the power. Several demigods cried out; a few toppled over on their friends. She saw Cody's eyes widen and vibrate as a result of the impact and he was suddenly flipped over on his back, shell shocked.
 She steadied her arms and limbs, slightly shaking, as though there had been an earthquake. Her dagger had fallen to the ground. And standing there, frowning disapprovingly, was Percy; his sword hilt had captured Cody's blade. The sword was balanced on the crevice in Percy's hilt and Percy did not look happy.
 His green eyes were on fire, his tousled black hair seeming darker. The air became colder and Gwen got the feeling it wasn't a breeze. The cheering ceased. Half-bloods fell silent. It was like someone slowly turning a faucet off, waiting for the trickle of water to lessen. The crowd's voice declined to only a few hushed whispers. Then, utter silence. You could hear a pin drop.
 After a moment of silence, Percy spun his sword, slowly, rhythmically. The audience shifted nervously as Cody's weapon flew across the Forum and hit the dirt in a flurry of dust. Cody glanced up at him, wide-eyed and clearly afraid. He scrambled back.
 Gwen's stomach tightened. She felt herself pale. Oh boy. Here it comes.
 Percy gave Cody an icy stare. He wasn't glaring at him or anything. He was simply staring at him, his face cold and emotionless. Cody cowered with a slight whimper and Gwen's heart raced.
 Percy's tone was ice. "Go get it."
 Cody took a second to realize the praetor was talking to him, his bravado spent. Shakily, he said, "Get what?"
 "Your sword."
 With a gulp, Cody retrieved his sword.
 "Raise it." He gave Gwen an edged stare and she realized he meant her too. She snatched her dagger up and wielded it.
 Her heart was beating faster. Man, was Percy mad. Good thing Jason-
 "WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!
 She bit back another curse and Jason appeared, his blue eyes even angrier than Percy's. She could imagine hurricanes, tsunamis, snowstorms, and rainy days headed their way. This was not good. Not good at all.
 Jason stormed into the middle of the Forum (literally, he stormed. Rainy clouds formed around him and lightning flickered inside). His gladius was sheathed at his side…she frowned. Didn't his gladius turn into a coin?
 That became an abstract thought as Jason planted himself right between Gwen and Percy. Cody whimpered. Gwen wanted to groan. Why couldn't she have followed the original plan and gone to college today? She imagined her sarcastic voice, ringing in her ear, Yeah, Gwendolyn, why didn't you? It mocked her and she wanted to scream, 'Cause I didn't feel like it, idiot!
 She should listen to that voice more often.
 "The only reason I don't have Terminus carry out a punishment," Percy said, his voice low and menacing, which was good because Gwen figured otherwise his temper would take control and everyone would be yelling, Houston, we have a problem, "is because he doesn't understand mercy."
 True, Gwen thought. Suddenly she was glad Percy was there to take care of the problem.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___
Soooo, there's some of the chapter:) enjoy it lol!:) I dissected a frog yesterday and it was awesome!!! Haha my lab partners didn't wanna touch it so I got to:)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Wear green!!!
Peace out.
icuSTALKER
last edited over a year ago
smile
^yeah that was an epicly long preview lol :D
And that is definitely a dilemma lol. If it was me I would just punch him but that's why nobody asks me for advice lol :D
over a year ago AthenaKnowsBest said…
big smile
WOW that was AWESOME!! Great preview, and that is the longest preview I've read(which is great)!
And that was an EPIC moment with Percy and Jason!
POST SOON!! :)

~AKB
over a year ago universalpowa said…
:O

i feel like the lamest person ever...

I FORGOT TO CHECK THIS FORUM!!!
*hits self with computer*
*slap*
AGGH!!!!!!!

*mental anguish*
I FEELLL SOO BADDD
I FORGOTTT TOO RREEEAADDDDD THIISSS *hits self*
now im kicking myself for it...

:OOO RACHEELLLL! kill her. please. idc if she is your favorite character...i dont like her lol
and Octavian...or Jason...

Those three characters i dont care about...
but dont kill Percy or Leo...
DONT KILL LEOOO!!! :( i will be sad then lol

POST SOOOONN!!! :D

@Twiggy- LOL! XD
over a year ago Aphrodite100 said…
awesome chappie!

with your little...big...problem, tell the guy to leave you and your friend alone. if he doesn't, you could ask the school counselor (if you have one) what you should do. that's what I did when I had problems, only mine weren't that bad.

post the rest soon! ;D
over a year ago oceanlover123 said…
big smile
Awesome chapter! Post soon! :D
over a year ago lovespercy said…
sooo good! can't wait for more!!! u r skilled
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
big smile
OMG. THIS. IS. AWESOME. :D
Please post soon!!! :P
over a year ago hi_ello_hola said…
post!
Whoa:O
Never ever have I gotten so many replies in like, two days. Wowowow. I must either be getting better or more people are finding this forum:O cool!
Thanks guys for all your support! It's appreciated:)
@universalpowa how dare you!!! Lolz Jk DON'T KILL YOURSELF. that would be sad. But glad you remembered again haha:)
@Twiggy LOLZ! Dude that's what my friends say to do:D maybe I will haha. When that guy came on The Mark of Athena*, I immediately thought of that dude at my old school:O. Flashbacks SUCK:)
@lovespercy thanks!!! So are you!!:D
@Aphrodite100 thanks! I'll take that into consideration!!:):):)
@AthenaKnowsBest Thanks! And I hope that dude on The Mark of Athena* is leaving you alone:)
@Phoenix_Stone thanks!!! And thanks for reading!!
@eveyone who has a forum post on your forums!! U guys have fans who love your writing jazz!!:D
So I swear on the Styx I will post today and if I don't, you all can hunt me down and drag me to Tartarus for torture. :D
Peace out.
icuSTALKER
mischievous
lol
we wouldn't hunt you down stalker! XD
can't wait to read the next post! :)
smile
^^yeah lol but violence is never the answer.........or so I'm told :D
Post soon :D
@Twiggy Pfft, so you’re told:D
Okay, so here is the chapter. I tried to make it as long as I could but I'm pretty darn sure I failed epically.:P oh well I will try harder. So, I thought it'd be cool if Gwen had a PoV cuz she's cool like that:) You guys are awesome!!!:D
Chapter 12, Gwendolyn
Gwen didn't like this.
Clang!
The sword and dagger each struck in midair. She could hear the metal scrape against each other maddeningly, like nails on a blackboard. It made her wince, and her armor shifted. She didn't have time to fix it, however. The Greek launched at her with a series of quick slashes. She read the pattern, dodged, felt the blade scrape a chink in her armor, next to her thigh. She bit back a curse as pain flared in her whole leg, engulfing it like it was on fire. Her vision blurry, she catapulted herself at her attacker. The dagger met its mark perfectly like magnets linking into place. The Greek howled and gripped his arm.
Gwen somehow felt guilty. Poor Percy and Jason. They were trying to get born enemies to accept each other and Gwen wanted it to happen. She really did.
But this Greek had tried hard to tick her off. He staggered back from her blow, cursing in Latin, English, and Greek. Clenching her teeth, Gwen advanced, the dagger raised threateningly.
The attacker was the one they called Cody from the Mars cabin. Ares. Whatever. His name made her think of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and she almost laughed. But he really wanted to tick her off. The first was after the Senate meeting, when he attempted to trip her. The second was when he shoved her to the ground while he was supposedly 'trying to find Percy'. But that wasn't what got her riled. She could shrug off those 'accidents' easily.
The worst was when he proclaimed Romans to be nothing but selfish, self- centered, bloody jerks and he pointed at her and said, "Such as this one."
That's when she stormed up to him and gave him a good deep cut on the neck. And a slap. The smartest thing? Probably not. But this Greek was a foolish stupid pig. She couldn't take it. She knew most of them weren't like this. But this one had already nursed a hatred for her to existence.
Why can't I be in college now? she thought.
His sword slashed at her neck and she performed the Augustus Plan. She rolled to the ground with a war cry, somersaulting to her feet, just at the right angle to her opponent. One strike and he fell to his knees. Her ears were ringing with the ecstatic screams she got from Senators, centurions, legionnaires, and the retired. They screamed for blood. "Jugular!" A cry for death. They wanted blood. All they lived and breathed for right now was blood.
A lump caught in her throat and she lowered her dagger hesitantly. This wasn't Rome. This wasn't what it was about. Her knees knocked together; her arms trembled so violently, she feared she would stab herself with her own dagger. And she'd learned that that wasn't fun.
She saw that stick figure of Octavian overlooking the scene from a pegasus flying overhead. He was gone in an instant.
Cody had haggled to his feet while she was distracted, his face matted with dry blood, red stringy hair sticking to his forehead, only glued there by his own blood and sweat. His brown eyes were wild but determined, like he really wanted to kill her. His fingers were cut up pretty badly and a bruise was swelling in his neck. Ouch. That would hurt in the morning. But he still managed to hold his sword, breathing labored. And she admired him for that. She admired his tenacity and stamina. He'd make a good soldier.
"Hey!" someone yelled. "Finish him off!"
Her hesitation was too much for them and Cody. Red liquid trickled down his lips and he launched for her with surprising speed, considering she had injured his calf and it gave him a painful limp. In that instant, his sword came down. And in that instant, she knew she couldn't block it.
It whistled as it flew and she braced herself for impact. Perhaps she should've rolled to the ground. Saved herself in the best possible way. But somehow she couldn't. Her feet were roots. She couldn't move.
The strike never came. Instead, she was startled badly by that one deafening sound: THRUM!!!!! With a yelp, she staggered back, the very ground vibrating with the power. Several demigods cried out; a few toppled over on their friends. She saw Cody's eyes widen and vibrate as a result of the impact and he was suddenly flipped over on his back, shell shocked.
She steadied her arms and limbs, slightly shaking, as though there had been an earthquake. Her dagger had fallen to the ground. And standing there, frowning disapprovingly, was Percy; his sword hilt had captured Cody's blade. The sword was balanced on the crevice in Percy's hilt and Percy did not look like a happy camper.
His green eyes were on fire, his tousled black hair seeming darker. The air became colder and Gwen got the feeling it wasn't a breeze. The cheering ceased. Half-bloods fell silent. It was like someone slowly turning a faucet off, waiting for the trickle of water to lessen. The crowd's voice declined to only a few hushed whispers. Then, utter silence. You could hear a pin drop.
After a moment of silence, Percy spun his sword, slowly, rhythmically. The audience shifted nervously as Cody's weapon flew across the Forum and hit the dirt in a flurry of dust. Cody glanced up at him, wide-eyed and clearly afraid. He scrambled back.
Gwen's stomach tightened. She felt herself pale. Oh boy. Here it comes.
Percy gave Cody an icy stare. He wasn't glaring at him or anything. He was simply staring at him, his face cold and emotionless. Cody cowered with a slight whimper and Gwen's heart raced.
Percy's tone was ice. "Go get it."
Cody took a second to realize the praetor was talking to him, his bravado spent. Shakily, he said, "Get what?"
"Your sword."
With a gulp, Cody retrieved his sword.
"Raise it." He gave Gwen an edged stare and she realized he meant her too. She snatched her dagger up and wielded it.
Her heart was beating faster. Man, was Percy mad. Good thing Jason-
"WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!
She bit back another curse and Jason appeared, his blue eyes even angrier than Percy's. She could imagine hurricanes, tsunamis, snowstorms, and rainy days headed their way. This was not good. Not good at all.
Jason stormed into the middle of the Forum (literally, he stormed. Rainy clouds formed around him and lightning flickered inside). His gladius was sheathed at his side…she frowned. Didn't his gladius turn into a coin?
That became an abstract thought as Jason planted himself right between Gwen and Percy. Cody whimpered. Gwen wanted to groan. Why couldn't she have followed the original plan and gone to college today? She imagined her sarcastic voice, ringing in her ear, Yeah, Gwendolyn, why didn't you? It mocked her and she wanted to scream, 'Cause I didn't feel like it, idiot!
She should listen to that voice more often.
"The only reason I don't have Terminus carry out a punishment," Percy said, his voice low and menacing, which was good because Gwen figured otherwise his temper would take control and everyone would be yelling, Houston, we have a problem, "is because he doesn't understand mercy."
True, Gwen thought. Suddenly she was glad Percy and Jason were there to take care of the problem.
"Romans!" Jason yelled, his voice clearly full of anger and dismay. "I know I've been gone a long time and you probably don't think of me as much of a leader anymore! But-" he paused "-I probably don't deserve it. Percy is praetor now and you will listen to him and Reyna! If not, I will personally carry out a punishment with the help of Terminus and ask Diana for help. I'm betting she'll gladly turn you all into jackalopes for the rest of your miserable lives. Otherwise you better straighten up and fight this war with each other and not against! Do I make myself clear?"
Gwen prayed, fasted, anything to get the gods' favor on her side. Almighty Jupiter, please tell Jason Grace and Percy Jackson to have mercy on us.
Thunder clapped and Jason's eyes flared. Percy looked just as cross.
"Thank you, Jason Grace," Percy said in a half sarcastic voice. Jason didn't seem to notice and Percy glared at all the demigods. Cody's hand shook, like he wanted to drop his sword. Gwen's heart raced and part of her wanted to bolt. But she reprimanded herself. She had to stay strong. It was her Roman heritage.
The crowd's mood was obviously shame, dismay, and, above all, fear. They shifted restlessly, murmuring, waiting for the next move. And she knew they were all thinking the same thing somewhere in the back of their minds: if this is Percy and Jason when they're mad, what else could they do against Gaea herself? She shuddered. No. She didn't want to think about that. And if it was possible, she didn't want to be anywhere near the battlefield.
Gwen suddenly felt horror at the fact she hadn't resisted the temptation to beat that Greek into Minotaur dung. She kept her hand on her dagger firm, but her knees trembled. She felt she would fall at any moment.
"I have to say, that was well said," Percy conceded. "Half-bloods! This is your only warning! Though Jason at the moment is not praetor, I would follow his brutal advice any day! Straighten up, get a grip, and I don't care if even Hera, much less Juno, disciplines you till you're lying dead on the ground! You'll be looking back on your life in Hades and wishing you hadn't even tried it! This is the one and only warning and if I were you, I wouldn't take it lightly!"
Silence. Utter silence.
Jason's eyes swept through the Forum. They were nearly as stormy as that girl's, Annabeth. "Dismissed. Resume your normal activities."
Gwen had never seen New Rome cleared out so quickly. Pretty soon, the place was empty. Cody had fled. Only she, Jason, and Percy remained.
Percy’s tense shoulders relaxed. The glare in Jason’s eyes died down, and to Gwen’s surprise, they both broke out into relieved, teasing smiles.
“Man, now they’ll be scared of us,” Percy said. Gwen could hear the laughter and leisure in his voice.
Jason allowed a small smile to cross his lips as he said, “If only Annabeth could’ve seen that.” They both let out some mild laughter.
Gwen stared out them. What? she thought, not believing her ears. “That’s it? It was just an act? You just wanted to scare them?”
Jason straightened. “No. We meant it. But it was kind of fun to see the expressions.”
Her brain spun. “Jason Aeson Grace! Perseus Jackson!”
“Ohh, she doesn’t know my middle name,” Percy said in a taunting voice.
Jason winced at his full name and scowled at Percy. They were so happy, it made Gwen furious. “You guys! You scared the crud out of us!”
“Nah,” said Percy. “Well, maybe. I call it rational reasoning.”
Gwen put her hands on her hips. “Do you even know what ‘rational’ means?”
Percy merely shrugged.
“Besides,” Jason said, “we did mean what we said and they did listen. It’s a warning. But I’m sure they’ll do it again.
Gwen glared at him. Oh, boy, did she feel like he needed a sucker punch to the gut. Taking a deep breath, she roped in and corralled all her anger. “They don’t need yelling.”
“Oh?” Percy raised an eyebrow. “Last I checked, Terminus keeps them in line by yelling.”
“He’s a god!” protested Gwen.
“And we’re half gods,” Jason told her. “It’s good to be loved more than feared. But they need to know the boundaries for this crazy, yet influential plot of Juno’s.”
Percy scowled.
Thunder rumbled.
Gwen’s anger built, but she figured she couldn’t argue. She stomped off, rolling her eyes at their big show they had put on. Her stress caught up to her and she felt tired. She never felt tired. Why now? A shiver ran down her spine as she sheathed her dagger, like it had when she met Charon at his ferry boat. She attempted to shake the feeling off that she was being watched. And closely.
To no avail.
She reached the barracks.
With a sigh, she removed her armor, dagger, and shoes and collapsed on her bed, her anger and energy spent. Her mind had been whirling about the Greeks…and about Kenneth.
She sat bolt upright. No. You cannot think about him. You’ll lose it.
She shivered again, trying to get the memory out of her head. Why couldn’t recollections be things she could see and touch…so she could slice it to pieces and throw it to the monsters. She didn’t want to remember it. She hated him. She never wanted to see him again. She wanted to impale him with daggers, pilums, spathas, swords, the whole Twelfth Legion Fulminata. She didn’t want to know him. She wished she hadn’t.
Her body trembled. Her brain insisted, Go to sleep. You need it. Your energy is on low. She knew she should listen to that voice. She wanted the sleep.
But somehow, she was afraid to. Nightmares would come, grasp for her sanity to shred it into little pieces, cover her in darkness so she would no longer be able to scream, grab her and drag-
She jumped with a yelp and cursed herself. You weakling, Gwendolyn Kara Jones, she thought.
“But I don’t have to be weak,” she said aloud. And not all too quietly.
Sleep was impossible.
Swearing in Latin, she sprang out of the bed and put her armor and shoes on. She sheathed her dagger once again at her waist. Don’t think about him, don’t think about him…
She made it five steps to the door, her heart heavy, before her vision darkened and she collapsed.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___
Zeh end of that chapter:). Thanks sooo much guys, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! It was hard to write because I didn’t know how to add in Gwen being mad at Percy and Jason because we don’t know too much about her.:) Soooo, enjoy and I will work on the next one!:D:D:D You guys are awesome, have great spring breaks, and I shall see you...um...maybe next week on this forum:D
Peace out.
icuSTALKER
smile
OHHHH, it was longer than I thought it'd be:D:D:D:D:D:D
great chappie! :D now nobody has an excuse to hunt you down! lol
YES!!!!! Sooooo excited about that!!:D:D:D:D