The Heroes of Olympus The Ruins of Rome

LeosGirl posted on Jul 24, 2012 at 11:13PM
Authors: LeosGirl and Book-worm

Summary: The demigods are back! The Greeks are coming to meet the Romans but will they work together or fight against each other? Each demigod has their own problem:
Has Percy moved on from Annabeth?
Is Piper going to lose Jason to Reyna?
Is Reyna going to choose Jason, Percy, or neither?
Is Leo really Sammy?
Does Hazel still love Frank or is she going to fall in love with Leo?
And Gaea. The worst of all.
Is Rome going to prosper? Or is it going to crash and burn as we know it? Are we looking at the ruins of Rome?
There's only one way to find out:
Read on!

Characters: Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Jason, Piper, Leo, Reyna, Connor, Travis, Clarisse, Chris, Thalia, Octavian, Frank, Hazel, Rachel, the Camp Counselors, and more.

Disclaimer- Unfortunately for book-work and LeosGirl they don't own this story or the characters, Rick Riordan does): But we do own the plot and some ideas of the story and it makes up for it!

CHAPTER I
ANNABETH

An hour. That's how long I have till I find out if he loves me or not. Even with ADHD the hour doesn't move fast enough. Part of me says he still loves me and can't wait to see him, but the other part of me says that he's forgotten you and you should just get off this mother-ship.
Shut up. I told it.
He loves me. He's gotta remember me...right?
Stop it, I told myself, Thinking like that will-will just break your heart.
Thankfully, Piper walked up.
"You okay?" she asked.
"Honestly, no. I'm about to find out if Percy even remembers me, let alone love me."
Piper nodded.
"I'm sure he-" she started, but she was cut-off by a metal-on-metal screech coming from the engine room.
Leo ran out of the room, that was pouring out smoke.
He was covered in oil and soot. His eyes were red from the smoke. He was coughing and cussing up a storm. To sum it up, he looked like crap.
"Hey, Repair Boy! Shouldn't you be doing your job?!" shouted Piper
"Shouldn't you shut up, Beauty Queen?!" he shouted back.
"What's wrong?" I asked, trying not to inhale smoke.
"Some-" started Leo
"Language!" shouted Rachel
"person," Leo said, glaring at Rachel, "threw a lug wrench in the engine! The lug wrench stopped some gears, the radiator is about to drop and-"
"English!" everyone yelled.
"We're gonna crash!" yelled Leo, "Is that clear enough for ya?!"
"Everyone, grab on to something!" shouted Grover
"Listen to the goat!" shouted Piper
"SSSAAATTTYYYRRR!!!" he shouted as the ship made a steep dive to the ground.
"What in the name of Hades is that?!" shouted Leo
"It's an-" started Jason
"AQUADUCT!" I yelled.
SPLOOSH!
When I came to, I was sprawled on the ground and soaking wet.
Great, another thing to remind me of Percy! I thought
I looked around.
Everyone was the same way.
I tried to get up, but I immediately fell back down. A burning pain started in my ankle and went up my left leg.
Rachel saw.
"Medic!" she called.
Next thing I knew, I was on a stretcher.
"Yup, you sprained it, sweetheart." said an Apollo kid.
I kicked him. With my right leg, of course.
"Oow!" he shouted
"Sorry, sweetheart." I said through clenched teeth.
"Point taken." he grumbled.
"Well, welcome to Camp Jupiter!" said Jason
"Has anyone seen Grover?" I asked
"Found 'em!" said Travis as he threw Grover onto the ground.
"Food!" Grover bleated, coming to.
Piper handed me a set of crutches.
I got up, it hurt, but not as much as missing Percy.
Then I heard it.
A Hunter's horn.
A group of girls ran in. They were wearing white and silver hunting parkas and had their bows drawn. Multiple wolves ran beside them.
The Hunters of Artemis. Thank gods.
A punk rock-looking girl walked up to me with a beautiful white wolf beside her.
Thalia.
"What happened to you?" she asked
"Crashed. Aquaduct. Ankle. Pain." I tried to say while wincing from the pain.
She seemed to understand.
"Dang." was all she said.
"Come on," said Jason, "I wunna show you guys my home."
-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
When I saw it, my heart stopped for a couple of seconds.
Oh man, the architecture was beautiful!
It took me a minute to see the thousands of Roman soldiers, waiting for the order to kill us or not.
A scrawny, white boy walked up, I knew him from Jason's stories.
Octavian.
He glared at me.
I gave it right back to him.
"Kill them while you can! There Greeks!" he shouted.
"No! They are friends, not enemies!"
I knew that voice.
And there he was.
He looked stronger. His black hair gleamed in the sun, his sea-green eyes sparkled, he flashed me his best 'I'm a trouble maker' smile.
Like the Wise Girl I am, I stood there, gaping like an idiot.
"Well, Wise Girl?" he said opening his arms.
I through down my crutches and ran for him.
I didn't even feel the pain.
All I felt was happiness to see his beautiful face again.
He wrapped his arms around me.
I sighed.
Percy!
It was really Percy!
I didn't want to let go for fear of losing him again.
He pushed me away and then kissed me.
Oh, how I missed that.
I didn't want to, but we broke apart.
"Oh, Seaweed Brain! I missed you SO much! All I could think about was-what are you wearing?!" I said, just noticing his new clothes.
He blushed.
Adorable, I thought.
"Ummm, it's a toga." was all he said.
I laughed.
A girl with long black hair and a warrior-like quality cleared her throat.
She had a weird look in her eye.
Annoyed? No. It was more like- more like jealousy.
"Sorry," Percy said "Reyna, this is Annabeth. Annabeth, this is Reyna."
The girl, named Reyna, softened at Percy's words. She liked him, and I had no doubt that she wouldn't fight for him, but that's okay because if she wants a fight, I'll give her a fight.
I DON'T THINK SO!, I thought.
He's mine!
I held out my hand.
"Hi, Reyna. I'm Annabeth, Percy's girlfriend." I said
She tried to intimidate me by squeezing my hand, hard.
It didn't work.
"Hi, Annabeth, I am Reyna, praetor of Camp Jupiter and Percy's colleague."
She's going down, I thought.
She glared at me.
I glared right back.
"Okkaayy," said Percy breaking us apart, "Why don't you go see Jason, Reyna?"
Reyna softened, again.
Another guy she can't have.
She left to go find Jason.
"Let's go for a walk." said Percy.
We talked forever.
He told me about what had happened the 8 months he was gone.
How terrible. I thought.
I told him about everything that happened up till now.
He looked worried.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Nothing." he said.
He was so faking.
"Percy...?" I asked, sternly.
"It's just...how would a lug wrench get in the engine?" he asked, suspicious.
"Somebody probably just dropped it." I said, trying to keep my voice from wavering.
I was worried now, too.
"I don't know, Annabeth. Sounds weird to me." he said, shaking his head.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
But I knew what he meant.
It wasn't just an accident.
The Argo II was sabotaged.

The Heroes of Olympus 2554 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 951-1000 of 2554

over a year ago LORDCHAOS said…
WATCH THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
laugh
Mad Hatter: I actually have no idea. XD
Hmm... maybe you are 'Leo's girl' from the future! ;D

Fortune Cookie: That's quite awesome actually. :D
Yeah, it answered my question! :D
...I was looking for the closest match. Everything about you, matched with a character, as best as possible XP
So you're like Leo's cousin, and your mother is Athena.... LOL! :P

Book-worm: Who do you think matches you the closest?? :P

LORDCHAOS: You are a complete freak of nature. O.O
...but the video was still funny. xD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago book-worm said…
I really have no clue, from what you know about me who do you think matches me closest?
Okay, I just watched that video and I think it was hilarious! Excellent form of spam chaos, video approved
Alrighty guys, here's the deal, you want a chappie, and I want comments, so let's compromise. How about you guys give me some motivation to post, if I get 10 comments I will post a chappie, there has to be at least 3 different people commenting for the ten comments to count. So get commenting and I will get writing!
over a year ago kkw1700 said…
Post NAOO.

Omg Festus that would be awshum! XP
over a year ago tristain714 said…
big smile
Yours and leos girls forum of the MOA is one of the best ones that ive read :)
over a year ago jberagon17 said…
post now plz
7 more comments guys(:
over a year ago cass-bosch said…
Please post!!!!
laugh
Book-worm: Possibly Hazel? You have a mature nature and you like having fun too.
Annabeth likes books, and you are a book-worm. You are a great writer as well.
I'm not sure...can you describe your personality a bit? XD

Oh, and post soon please!! :D
Hmmm.....my personality....I'm kinda crazy and fun loving, I like to look at life as a game sorta, but of you need advice I can be serious and help with problems I like to look back at stuff and laugh(:

5 more!
over a year ago SilverOwl2233 said…
Please post soon!!
over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
@kkw: me too!!! I'm just like annabeth. too. cuz I can finish a 300 page book in less than 2 hours and I totally zone out whenever I'm reading. and well, not bragging or anything, but some people call me the kid genius.

and I commented. please post soon book-worm!!!
over a year ago Heritage112 said…
crying
@ every1: I leave for like 3 days and youve like... forgotton me I'm so sad
over a year ago annabeth4ever said…
surprise
Plz post soon

I GONNA DIE IF I DONT KNOW WHAT APHRODITE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!
crying
^ I know
over a year ago thanathos13 said…
meh
hi im new to this forum
over a year ago annabeth4ever said…
I sometimes wonder if I'm realated to annabeth to how much we have in common:
We both:
Love architecture
Are SUPER smart
Adore books, libraries, etc.
IN LOVE <3 with Percy
Have the same look in our eyes ( like I'm thinking of a bazillion things at once)
Great strategists
Love planning/ strategies/ research/ designs
Like it when things are in order and organized
We are fun to be around
Like to be simple, practical, but still cute when it comes to choosing clothes
Have a HUMONGOUS fear of spiders
Enjoy history and Greek mythology

But sadly I look nothing like her I look a mix of reyna, piper, Leo.
Yay! It'a another smart person. I thought I was the only one. Seriously most people here are actually quite illogical.
zzz
really, I skipped a grade, but...
@lordchaos-Your calling us illogical? Ha, says the guy who "turns people into food" *eye roll*

@thantos-hi! Welcome to this forum! We love new fans!!!! The next chappie will be posted soon

Wow guys you got em! Congrats, the chappie will be posted hopefully today but I'm not sure, its gonna be long, just warning you. Anyways, while I go finish writing, enjoy having spammy conversations about pickle juice.

Seriously though I want to see a Convo about pickle juice
^lol!
rainbow- ooohhhemmgeeee ditto!
Yes I'm calling the rest of you illogical. I mean seriously. They're trying to ban the last rp's! That's tyranny! As always I blame book-worm
over a year ago tristain714 said…
big smile
In my fith grade class room on holidays we would have little party and someone would bring pikles and we would put the pikle juice in cups and see could drink the most but i never won:(
Post soon!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh
^LOL!

Book-worm: I think you sound kinda like a mixture of Leo and Hazel:
Leo: Crazy, fun-loving, looks back and laughs at stuff xD
Hazel: Been through a lot in life, so can give some serious advice :P
LC- Please stop complaining. Its you against like a jillion people. Nobody wants ti hear it.
Festus- yeah. Ithink youre right. As for you i think Leo.

"If I broke you in half, would there be the next Great Prophecy on a piece of paper?"

-_-
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
laugh
@Phoenix: LOL! I don't know who I'm like. I'm weird, as you all know, I love to read, I can be very serious and I'm the one my friends come to for advice, I guess I am smart, I have a straight A average, but I can be pretty crazy and loud, and I laugh A LOT. I guess I am a lot like Leo but more serious at times.
laugh
^You are like, the love child of Leo and Annabeth, LOL! XD

Fortune Cookie: LOLOLOL!! xD
^O.O That would be very weird
over a year ago jberagon17 said…
laugh
^^Haha!! :P

Oh, and please post soon Book-work! I miss your chapters!! I want to know what Aphrodite does, so that I can cheer her on! LOL XD
big smile
^ I agree
big smile
@chaos-I never got into the RPs....

@tristain-haha lol that's awesome thanks for the pickle juice convo

@phoenix-lol book-work?

@leosgirl-that would be extremely weird

Okay, this chappie may confuse you a little, you can ask questions and we will try to answer without giving stuff away, here's your long awaited chappie it's long....well I think it's long

Chapter 14
Percy  
I slept surprisingly well. No crazy dreams, no memories suddenly rushing to my mind, and no attacks. 
It was like the universe was giving me a break from being the hero.  
I woke up refreshed and excited, Rome was already fixed after the battle, Annabeth was here, and we would be heading to camp half-blood soon. 
I felt a little funny when I woke up. It wasn't like I was sick or anything I just felt, off.  
I shrugged it off and went to go get dressed. I saw an outfit already laid out for me. Instead of my usual praetor robes I found a orange and purple t-shirt dark jeans blue Adidas and, was that a leather jacket? Oh well.  
I quickly got dressed and ran my fingers through my hair. It felt, shorter. I ran to the mirror and sure enough almost and inch of my hair was gone. I groaned a little to myself. I loved my shag.  
Well, it's not like I could do anything about it now. I left the barracks to go find annabeth, and piper. Wait, piper? Where did that come from?  
I heard the horn signaling breakfast and I ran to the mess hall. I got there just as Reyna dismissed everyone to go eat. I went to go sit with Jason, Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, Leo, the Stolls, Katie, Clarisse, Will, Rachel and all the other greeks.  
It looked like I wasnt the only one who got a make over.  

Leo had almost the exact same outfit as I did, but he had red Adidas instead of blue and had his tool belt instead of a leather jacket.  
Jason was wearing black basketball shorts, black Adidas and a purple t-shirt. Frank was wearing jeans, a purple t-shirt and a dark blue hoodie. It was weird seeing him in a jacket.  
Annabeth was wearing her orange camp half-blood shirt, but it looked different. It had a v-neck cut and seemed really tight. She had really short-shorts on, and white tennis shoes. It didn't seem like her but she seemed to like it well enough. Her hair was straight and i thought it looked strange. She didn't have her earrings in and she had lots of makeup on.  
Hazel had a purple t-shirt on, with capris and sandals. Her hair was crimped and she had make up on. I've never seen her wear make up before.  
Piper looked stunning. She had an orange camp half-blood shirt on, and shorts that went down about mid-thigh. She had grey tennis shoes on, and just a little amount of make up, you couldn't really tell it was there. Her hair was just slightly curled and it looked really good. She had a charm bracelet on and it looked like it had a heart on it. There was something else on it too. Something I couldn't quite make out.  
I went to go sit down. 
I sat in between Annabeth and Piper. 
Piper sat next to Leo, and Hazel sat next Leo. 
Jason sat on Annabeth's other side and Frank sat in between him and Clarisse. 
He didn't look to happy about sitting next to his half sister. Connor sat next to Clarisse and Travis, and Katie sat next to him. Rachel sat next to Katie and Will sat next to Rachel.  
As we sat down I felt a strange urge to sit closer to Piper. 
I usually trust my instincts, but this one seemed a little odd so I stayed where I was.  
"Okay," said Rachel "What's up with you guys? You all look like Aphrodite mobbed you in your sleep."  
"She probably did." said Piper. 
We must have looked confused because Piper elaborated "When Leo, Jason and I went on our quest, my mom gave us all a makeover in our sleep." she said. 
You could hear a few "Oh's" from the Stolls and other members around the table.  
"But why would she give us make overs?" asked Annabeth. 
Piper shrugged "beats me, I 

cant think of any reason"  
Most of our food had shown up by then and so we all dug in. A few people made small talk but we didn't really have a conversation going. 
I kept on glancing at Piper. 
I didn't know why, she just looked so good right then, I couldn't help myself.  
Right as we were finishing breakfast, a horn sounded in the distance. 
"Not again!" I groaned. 
People looked at me funny. 
"Romans!" Reyna shouted "Grab your weapons and meet at the Little Tiber. It seems as though we have some guests" Everyone scrambled to go and get armor and weapons. I didn't use armor, mainly because I didn't have any, so I followed Reyna down to the Little Tiber to start putting the troops into formation.  
"What's up with your outfit?" Reyna asked. 
I shrugged "Aphrodite, I guess" 
She looked confused. 
"Apparently, Aphrodite likes to give questers make overs now" I explained.
She nodded and started commanding troops into formation.  
"Percy" someone said I turned around "What should we do?" Piper asked. 
I thought for a second "Make a simple formation and try to help out where you can. I'm counting on you guys for close combat so be ready to break formation at any moment. The Romans won't like it but its the best we can do" I said. 
She nodded then ran off the share the message.  
I took a look at these "guests" there were about a hundred monsters. It looked like hellhounds, draecne and empousa and a bunch of other common monsters then, there were some not so common monsters. 
From what I could see there was a giant crab, and the hydra. Oh great. This wasn't going to be easy, especially after the last battle. We did have more weapons though so that might help. 
We also had the Greeks. 
With the Greeks here, it would be much easier to defeat them. It be even easier if we had all the Greeks, but the oldest most skilled campers would have to do.  
The troops were all in formation when the monsters charged and then I yelled "Romans, Greeks! Advance!" 
I saw Rachel run inside of the Argo ll. Good, she needs to stay safe. We need our oracle. Well I guess the spirit of Delphi protects her, but still.  
I pulled out Riptide and sliced the first monster that came into reach. I killed a few more monsters then started heading through the army to get to the giant crab and the hydra. 
I saw Jason had the same idea. "Take the hydra!" he yelled 
I nodded and started heading towards the nine headed serpent.  

I had no idea on how to kill it. I thought back to what Annabeth had said about the hydra. 
Hercules had applied burning stumps to each of the heads after he cut them off. Well if only I had fire. A monster in front of me was incinerated. I turned around and saw Leo shooting fire out of his hands.  
Well that was convenient. 
"LEO!" he looked at me "HELP ME WITH THE HYDRA?" I shouted he nodded and started following me into battle. I slashed and hacked my way through the monsters, with Leo right behind me. I saw Annabeth and Jason reach the crab. Jason started attacking its shell. I wish I had time to tell him about the chink in the armor they had but I was sure Annabeth would know how to kill it.  
I ran up to the hydra a yelled "BURN THE STUMPS!" and hoped Leo would understand what I meant. I cut off one of the heads and immediately fire engulfed where the head used to be. I sighed out of relief and started to dodge the hydra's teeth and get close enough to cut one of the heads off. 
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Piper running towards me. No, she could get hurt, she had to get safe! This thought distracted me for half a second and the hydra scratched my arm with one of its teeth. I winced and ran towards one of the hydras heads to cut it off.  
I heard Leo right behind me as I slashed off a second head I turned and went in to get the head that was about to attack from behind. I cut his head but it didn't come off it was just hanging there, Leo tried to burn the rest of the head off but it didn't work. I ran forward towards the mostly cut off head but found myself face to face with a different head. I slashed wildly and some how managed to cut that head off. Three heads down, six to go, well five and a half.  
I heard a giant roar behind me as the crab was turned into dust. "YOU WANT SOME HELP THERE, PERCE?" Jason asked "NO! GO HELP THE OTHERS!" I yelled back. I turned to see about three fourths of the army gone. I turned my attention back to the hydra just in time. The hydra snapped at me and I sliced just in time. Once again the stump was fried by Leo, the second the head was gone. I think it's safe to say about half of the hydra was dead. 
I was getting tired so I did the only thing that came to mind. I charged the hydra slicing and slashing like crazy. I stabbed and blocked and dodged for as long as I could and finally, just as I was about to pass out, I cut off the last head.  

I walked towards Leo 
"Thanks man!" I said and we shook hands. 
"No problem." he said. 
We were both out of breath and exhausted so we sort of leaned on each other as we walked towards Reyna and the rest of the Greeks. Piper handed us both a flask of nectar and we both chugged about half of it.  
Piper, I was glad to see, didn't get any injuries. Well, either that or she already had them healed. 
"We are all tired and injured, so let's go rest for the remainder of the day and hold a senate meeting tomorrow morning." said Reyna. 
We nodded and headed off to the Argo ll where we would be resting. As we walked off I made sure I was standing by Piper before I followed everyone else.  

Wow....that was significantly shorter than I thought.....
big smile
^ really?
Anyway its really good
wink
^^Looks longer to me! LOL!
Haha I thought it was longer
^^^^^^^^^ No, Festus, just no.
i thoughteth iteth was awesometh aseth always. ;D
Haha nice fortune cookie!
^ I try

XDXDXD
Now i should probably write a new chappie for Shadow Knight...

Toodleloo! :P
I'm so bored. I feel lonely...
sunny
Cheer up! Demigod Diaries comes out in...

*checks watch*

1 day, 6 hours, and 17 minutes!

:D

mischievous
^OHMIGOODIENESS! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT AND NOW I AM SPAZZING OUT!
I know!!!!! I get it at evactly twelve tomorow!! EEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and nao its 1 day, 6 hoirs, and 4 minutes! :)
Im bored...
laugh
LOL! I don't know when I can get it. I will try to be patient.
Me too...