The Heroes of Olympus Chaos has an Island?

Nicolicious posted on Dec 24, 2013 at 08:42AM
This is something I made because I was bored and well...things happen when I'm bored. Let me know if I should continue this.
Rating- T+, for now.
Disclaimer- I don't own anything that could reference Rick Riordon or the PJO or HoO series.

We don't know what happened to us. All we know is that we died. We think. When we woke up on the island we had no idea what to expect. Giant men, killer dogs, witches, demons, everything every child hates dreaming of. We woke up tied upside down and facing a demon. A demon who hunted us throughout the island. We were told it was a punishment. The creator of everything evil and benevolent. Chaos. Chaos had imprisoned us on an island of destruction. Everywhere we went our demons followed us. We had to escape. We had to use our powers our parents gave us to escape.
The further we went into our trials, the more we discovered about each other. We weren't all from the same timeline. There was someone from Ancient Greece back during the war with the Macedonians. There was a solider in WW1 and an assassin from the year 2234.
We fought hard but eventually most of us died until there were only two of us left. We finally made it to our item of escape. A boat. Before we boarded Chaos arrived. He told us we failed. Everyone had to live. All of us. We failed. Now we're imprisoned forever on the island. Like the others hunting us. Demons. Forced to kill other demigods who are placed on the island. Now you're here and we're coming for you. Run. Run together. Don't let anyone die. Good luck.

last edited on Dec 24, 2013 at 08:42AM

The Heroes of Olympus 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
We don't know what happened to us. All we know is that we died. We think. When we woke up on the island we had no idea what to expect. Giant men, killer dogs, witches, demons, everything every child hates dreaming of. We woke up tied upside down and facing a demon. A demon who hunted us throughout the island. We were told it was a punishment. The creator of everything evil and benevolent. Chaos. Chaos had imprisoned us on an island of destruction. Everywhere we went our demons followed us. We had to escape. We had to use our powers our parents gave us to escape.
The further we went into our trials, the more we discovered about each other. We weren't all from the same timeline. There was someone from Ancient Greece back during the war with the Macedonians. There was a solider in WW1 and an assassin from the year 2234.
We fought hard but eventually most of us died until there were only two of us left. We finally made it to our item of escape. A boat. Before we boarded Chaos arrived. He told us we failed. Everyone had to live. All of us. We failed. Now we're imprisoned forever on the island. Like the others hunting us. Demons. Forced to kill other demigods who are placed on the island. Now you're here and we're coming for you. Run. Run together. Don't let anyone die. Good luck.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
The first thing I noticed when I gained consciousness was the stench. The smell was putrid and puke worthy. Groaning, I opened my eyes and focused on the scene before me. It was dark. Not pitch black, but dark. I could only see anything in a five metres radius. If I focused properly I could make out the images of lumps hanging beside me. Wait, hanging? Suddenly my stomach lurched and I realised I was upside down.
"Crap..." I mumbled, my voice hoarse and crackly from obvious lack of water. Looking back at the lumps, I realised they weren't lumps. They were people. That's when my true situation was thrust upon me. Me and the others were pigs awaiting slaughter. "Ouranos help me." I pleaded and started to try to wiggle my way out of the rope tying me to the roof. I wasn't going to die chained to a meat hook while some crazy anti-god monster of some sort ripped me apart while singing nursery rhymes. Trust me, it's happened before.

"What the Pluto is going on?!" A gruff voice, that sounded Russian, somewhere to my right exclaimed. The sound of rope twisting and straining started resonating around the room. "Get me out of here!"

"Dude, shut up!" Another voice, sporting an Australian accent, hissed from my right. "It'll come back if it hears you!"

"It? What are you on about and why am I upside down?" A female, who sounded American, asked from my left.

"I don't know what it is but every time it comes back it takes someone away. They don't come back." The Australian answered.

"Well that's great." I snorted and twisted my body to the right. I could see two figures that were moving. The Russian and Australian, I guessed.

"Yeah, it's fabulous. I'm Ryan by the way, nice to meet you guys...considering the circumstances." The Aussie said while waving with one of his hands.

"I'm Debbie, it's nice to meet you as well." The women to my left replied.

"I'm Maeve, what about you Mr. Russian?" I asked the Russian guy who snorted and turned to face me.

"I'm not Russian. I'm German. My name's Jaeger." Jaeger? Right...let me scan my German dictionary...aha!

"Hunter." I stated while proudly puffing out my chest. Well, as much as I could while I was upside down. "Jaeger means Hunter in German."

"Ja, you're correct. You know German?" Jaeger asked. He was probably narrowing his eyes but I couldn't see much considering we were in the dark.

"A little bit, it was kinda thrust upon me when I was little." I informed him while looking up towards my feet. "We have to get out of here."

"I wouldn't try. Last guy who did ended up on a table someone over there screaming." Ryan retorted while pointing his hand to behind me. "Aw Hades! It's coming back!" Ryan hissed. "Stop moving Maeve, he won't grab if you act unconscious!"

"Just...give...me...a second..." I huffed and focused on the shadows around me. "This is hard with blood rushing to my head." I complained. Come on shadows, help me.

"What are you on about! Stop moving!" Debbie hissed to my left.

"Quiet! I've just about..." My speech was cut off as shadow enveloped me and the next thing I knew I crumpled on the floor beneath my still hanging ropes.

"Where'd she go?" Ryan asked the other two. I'm on the floor. Thanks for noticing, I thought to myself as I sat up.

"She's on the floor, now be quiet." Jaeger said and stopped moving. I frowned and slowly got to my feet while walking towards Jaeger. The thing had come back into the room and was shuffling around near a group of tables while humming something. See told you, it'll him nursery rhymes while it eats us.

"You can see me?" I whispered into Jaeger's ear while trying to untie the ropes around his ankles.

"Ja, I saw your trick with the shadows too." I tensed at that and stopped my untying attempt. Did I have to kill him because of what he'd seen? "Don't worry, I'm a Halbgott as well." Halbgott? Ah right, demigod. Phew on that one.

"Really? That's great. We can talk all about it once I free you and the others." I said and finally tore his ropes free. I caught him before he hit the floor and helped him to his feet.

"I'll get Debbie, you untie peanut." I didn't even need to think to know who peanut was. I nodded, even though he probably couldn't see it, and snuck towards Ryan.

"I'm here to free you m'lady." I sneered and started untying his ropes.

"Oh, my knight in shining armour." Ryan retorted and swung from the ropes to the floor when I finished untying him.

"Thinking of joining the circus eh?" I joked and nudged his shoulder.

"Funny. Let's go." With that he led me towards Debbie and Jaeger and the four of us crept through the other people and bodies.

"What about the others? We can't leave them to die." Debbie hissed while gesturing to the other twenty people.

"You're lucky I bothered to untie you guys. Where I'm from it's survival of the fittest. They can escape themselves." I answered her and started towards an iron door on the opposite side of the room.

"Why would you want to escape?" Oh shit. I looked up and saw the being from the opposite side of the room standing before me. "You can't escape from me."
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago corrected said…
well this is certainly unique...u have my attention!!!
over a year ago corrected said…
just dont ababndon like everyone else...and how often do u post???
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
I'll probs try and post once a week or every two weeks. I'm on holidays for the next five weeks so it will hopefully be often.