The Heroes of Olympus The Son of Neptune

HecateA posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 12:36AM
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR blesses us with will look like.

Before I start you peoples off, I need to say something.
So shush and listen.

When I wrote "The Lost Hero, written by me", I had to guess who the parents were. Well now, I know. So I am following Rick Riordan's version of the characters. Piper has nothing to do with Persephone, Jason and Thalia are siblings and Camp Ceasar Salad is real. For my series of fanfics, I'm following my version of the characters, but here, Rick's versions rule. Get it?

Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: C
Type: Adventure, friendship, hopefully humor, maybe a touch of romance
Characters: Add, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Drew, Leo, Jake, Nyssa
OC personalities: Reyna, Dakota, Hazel, Gwen, Bobby, Caleb
OC: The Gayle brothers, Karren
Synopsis: After discovering a new world, not so far from their own, Jason and his friends are sailing straight for it, unsure wheter they'll come out victorious or just start a civil war. But it doesn't take the arrival of a flying boat to get the citizens curious. They already sence something is wrong, way before the flying ship docks.

Disclaimer: The story base, character and settings base was created by Rick Riordan, who owns the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus rights.

A/N: Hopefully you guys will like it! I got some very nice comments on my random wall poll, so here it is guys! Love you all, you rock!

The Rebel Soldier's debut: link

The Honour in Death's debut: link

The Fire's Revenge's debut: link

Part Two's debut: link
So once again you guys have the opportunity to get in my head of what I think the next HoO book RR bl
last edited on Jul 29, 2011 at 10:13PM

The Heroes of Olympus 3419 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 3419

over a year ago saf99 said…
crying
COMMON MAKE ANOTHER ONE PLEASE PLEASE
man u need to become a author
over a year ago JackofDeath2445 said…
big smile
Its Wonderful! I wonder if Rick Riordan would give Percy a romantic interest in the Roman Camp. After all, Aphrodite isn't just done with his love life when he and Annabeth started to date, I'm sure she'll throw him another girl from the Roman Camp, just to spice up his life ha ha. That'll probably cause some frictions between the two camps when they try to team up against the giants.
over a year ago TheHero_AC said…
I wish he would make annabeth fight for her Percy it would be a great story
over a year ago JackofDeath2445 said…
big smile
Tragedy, Jealousy, Betrayal... It is in almost every Greek stories. It is through that journey do their love mature or falter. You can see it in the old Greek Heroes, Jason, Perseus, Hercules, Odysseus, Aeneas(Okay he's a Roman Hero, but born a Trojan, so in a way he's Greek). Each one of them experienced love, loss and a whole lot of misfortunes(Courtesy of the Gods sometimes). So why will it be any different for the New Heroes who now faces the same, if not more dangerous, challenges in the Modern Age? What really would be interesting is that a Daughter of Minerva, the Roman Athena, falls for Percy ha ha. I'm guessing the goddess would 'disapprove' of the Son of Poseidon more than ever. Which begs the questions, how she would react if both of her daughters prays to her to help win Percy's Affection..
over a year ago losthero5 said…
big smile
2500+ views... DAMN! oh i dont want to start a discussion here but at the end of lost hero, it said that he PROBABLY doesnt remember who he is. percy might, just might, have his memory :]
last edited over a year ago
crying
hurrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy uuuuuupppppp ppppooooosssststtttttt annnoootttthhheeerrr ccchhhappterrrrr plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz­zzz
over a year ago sillyA013 said…
smile
yea it wud be cool if he had his memory but more boring........
btw i like the way the story is going with percy remembering annabeth and the rest going CLICK! [percy´z light bulb jst turned on]
hurrrrrry
over a year ago zips said…
worried
i joined just for this story... i want the next chapter....hurry please
over a year ago Lightning98 said…
big smile
guys calm down no matter how exciting this might be (Best story ever buy the way to Hecate) but Hecate (the author) has already anounced that a new chapter comes out every friday
in the mean time if you have not already heard of it you should read Jewles by the one and only Hecate
Hecate you ARE the best writer ever and ya
dont forget any of the stuff i said before :)
tongue
what
over a year ago redhawks said…
big smile
Oh guys for Jewels to make any sense whats so ever you need to read the first one. The Lost Hero written by me. (Hecte) O and btw you guys weren't hear when seh said just to call her Hecate. That name was taken so she added the A. just to let ya know.

I agree with Lightning. BE CALM. SHOW ME YOU PATCIENCE. You can't rush a work of art.
over a year ago bookeater said…
wink
i wish annabeth didnt have to lose percy but I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!!! MAKE ANOTHER OR I MIGHT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mischievous
lighting, she even admitted that might not be happening
big smile
well then... sorry i really hate to be mean but ummmm ya. I love reading Hecate's work but i hate to rush her or else her writing wont be her usual perfect. Its like making Michelangelo paint a pictue in a minute... it takes time to make a master pice
also whould you like it if you are making these stories and people kept rushing you and spaming all over... would you like that?? Because I know I would not like that
over a year ago partypony said…
big smile
i. cannot. wait. any. longer. well maybe i can but its gonna be torture! its just super awesome! think i mentioned that in my previous pst. KEEP ON WRITING HecateA!!!!!!!
crying
this is killing meh
smile
if u wanna read another son of neptune there is a good one that has 19 chapters i think it on fanfic
wink
i read that on fanfic and i thought it wasnt that good... i like this one bettter.... GO TEAM GREEK!!!!!!!!!!!

ps you are either team roman or tem greek.
over a year ago zips said…
mischievous
i cant choose sides untill i learn more about the romans
over a year ago Festus1126 said…
big smile
that was amazing! I just finished TLH 2 days ago and wanted to read anything about TSN and i found my self here. Inpresive story. You Rick Riordan?!
over a year ago partypony said…
surprise
theres another fanfic? where? can u add a link plzzzz?????
smile
Team GREEK [cuz percy is greek (so is leo)]
ok ill try
big smile
Son of Neptune Chapter 1, a Heroes of Olympus fanfic - FanFiction.Net i think thats it
thx sillyA013 i is team greek 2
tongue
ugh almost friday
smile
welcom bookeater
smile
thanks sillyA013 whats up that guy on fanfiction or whatever isn't writing any more chapters anymore its annoying well anywany GO TEAM GREEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya go Greek Percy is on that team and i just love him GO GREEK!!! more chapters please any one add on if they can please
hmmm
hey did you spell Annabeth Chasse wrong? i think its Chase not Chasse??????????????? IDK
smile
hurrry post the next chapter its friday
meh
OMG we have to stop commenting... we love hecate but she will love us more if she can manage to write her fanfic in a few pages. 2 pages are 100% comments and Hecate only managed to write 3 chapters in 2 pages! when anyone else comes here they have to sift through all of this! -.-
big smile
woah temper TEMPER
laugh
calm down
laugh
sorry i just wanted to emphasize my piont
big smile
Hey guys.... Did you ever relize that maybe HEcate doesn't like her fan fic forum being all spammed up. Seriously guys. You need to be pattcient and just WAIT for her new chapter. I know I know it's really good but WAIT!
over a year ago sonoboreas said…
Redhawks thank you for summing up my thoughts into words somehow.

Also am I the only one who's starting to like the Romans a lil'...
over a year ago RickJackson98 said…
ok Hecate I love your fanfic sorry I only started reading it earlier but still guuys would you all please stop spamming on Hecate's spot I doubt she'll be happy and honestly do you all really think telling her to post it will suddenly make her write faster and if it does it won't be as good and if I were writing a fanfic and people were hastling me like you are all doing I would say I'm stopping until you all come down
over a year ago HecateA said…
smile
OKAY I'm back! Did'ja miss me?

So anyways, I didn't put it at the top like I used to, because I figured between the anti-spam goddess (who is presently on hold) and me, spamming would be no problem. Guys, I really, really love comments, but spam comments aren't worth anything to me. If you're going to comment on my writting, wheter you like it or not, I love that, but if you're just going to yell TEAM GREEK!!!1!! or pressure me into doing something, I consider it spam (more the first then second). If you have more to say, edit it into the first comment by clicking the grey pencil instead of making a whole new comment. I will love you more.

Oh yeah, and did I mention if at any time I feel the spamming is going out of control and I'm tired of being pressured etc, etc, I will stop publishing this. Yeah, I reserve myself the right to do that, as well as I reserve myself the right to send it to a few particular members after I stop publishing.

If I make you wait that long its because I'm busy or not home. I was in Orlando for the week. I'm not going to appologise for the wait, because I don't feel I really have to, but there will be more waits. Warning.

Arivals, oh boy! Well, all new arrivals, I noticed you all, you are really all welcome to this spot, please proceed to the table to your right and pick up your signature HoO muffin basket. As you probably know or have figured, I'm Hecate, the welcoming commity and very proud second dedicated fan of this spot (eeeeeeeepppppp)

@lightning God, you will cry SO MUCH later on
@saf99 losthero has a point please, if you pressure me it wont work
@bookeater Yes I did.

Can I mention Rick, lightning, sonofboreas, red and losthero, as well as everybody else who tried to calm down the spamming and pressuring? It really was for you guys that I started writting this, I love you all! You people are the fans that joinned about the same time or before I did. <3

I discover the pen of mass destruction
My dream was completely bull.
I was standing in the ruins of a house in the woods. In front of me was a little boy. He couldn’t have been more then 2, with short blond hair and blue eyes. He had a funny little scar on his lip, like he’d rammed a stapler on it.
-Where am? Where Thalia? He asked looking around.
-Your sister isn’t here, child. A voice said. Slowly Lupa’s shape drawed itself from the shadows. The boy jumped back and gasped.
-How old are you? Lupa asked. The boy just starred at her.
-You are too young to know, I fear. Who is your mother?
-Mommy. He said.
-What is Mommy’s name?
The boy surprised me. I expected him to turn and try to run, hoped maybe, but then that would be weakness and Lupa would have to hunt him down. Or maybe he was too young to realise how bad it was.
-Suzzy. Daddy calls mommy Suzzy.
-And what’s your daddy’s name? Lupa asked, with more patience then I’d have given her. The boy frowned.
-Jupi… Jupit… Ju…
-Jupiter? The wolf looked surprised, but the boy nodded.
-Boy, if what you say is true, and I have no doubt it is, it is a much kinder fate for you to end it now. Lupa said. She advanced towards the boy, who sensed the canine’s attitude change and backed away.
-I’m sorry. Lupa said. She pounced and she was mid-air when the boy screamed, and lightning crackled down from the sky and electrocuted her. She fell to the ground in a lump. Then she glowed grey and turned into her human form. She got up, leaning greatly on a tree. Her neck was low and her hair hung on either side of her head. The boy didn’t moved, just watched the wolf. She looked at him, and I was scared she might actually go for him with her gladus. But she broke in a grin, showing off sharp white canniness.
-Boy, you are exactly the kind of hero I like. Welcome to my army. Lupa said.
I woke up in Mercury’s house.
I was still wearing jeans and the orange t-shirt. It just seemed wrong to put on one of the shirts one of the guys had given me, plain white to show I wasn’t any important soldier. I got up and rubbed my eyes. Looking out the window, it couldn’t have been more than 5 in the morning.
I pulled my sneakers on and looked around.
Nobody else was awake, and I didn’t want to go outside alone, not get in trouble. From the impression of everyone else here, getting into trouble was about as safe as diving into a pool of acid. Pool of acid… A spot on my back tingled. Pool of acid… That had to be important. I just had to figure out why…
But the dream gave me plenty to think about.
Lupa had put a 2-or-so year old boy to the test, and by making lightning crackle out of the sky, he managed to live.
And his sister. His mother… He’d had a family before coming here. I wondered what’d happened to them. If they knew where he was, or if they were still scavenging the planet for their little angel. Or even worst- if they’d already set up his tombstone in a lonely cemetery and went there to cry his loss. Who was he?
Then I thought about my mortal parent.
Was she my mother, or was he my father? I didn’t know, and had no way of knowing. I’d known my parent for 16 years, but now all that they did for me, it was all gone. Was someone looking for me? Searching the country, calling my name in woods? Was there even someone who would do that for me?
There was Annabeth…
I couldn’t bare thinking about the little boy anymore, nor about my parents, nor about Annabeth. I had to do something, not just sit on a cot.
I got up and walked as quietly as I could to the bathroom, where I refilled a canteen Gwen’d given me. I took a sip of icy cold water and went back to sit in the common room corner.
Under the cots in the bedrooms and furniture in the common rooms, the floor was made of the sides of shipping crates. One wall was dedicated to shelves lined with things. They were the randomest things, from toasters, to daggers, to a dog collar. Things that got stolen probably. Particular things the thieves were proud of getting.
The curtain separating the room was made entirely of stamps. The kind people sell for hundreds in church basements and frame.
On the ceiling were glued different coins. More collectables. I wondered why nobody would steal those, it wasn’t that high of a jump from a bunk compared to the heights I’d seen Joel Madison jump. They were attached to form the constellations during the night, and gather along the edges during the day.
Waiting was pure torture.
I tugged my necklace off my neck and starred at the beads as if I could extract their stories by pure will power.
It didn’t work.
I put it back on and starred down at the logo on my T-shirt. What was camp Half-Blood? I couldn’t figure anything out and started playing with the 1 other object I had. The pen Gwen’d taken from me. I took the cap off and it grew into an enormous 3 feet long sword, made out of bronze.
-Holy Styx! I yelped, nearly dropping it. I heard the sound of 3 people waking up. The 3 guys walked through the hallway from the room to the common room, looking half-dead.
-Awe, what the heck, Add? Why’d you – Holly Remus, what’s that?
-It was a pen! A pen, and I took the cap off and it turned into a sword! They looked at it in awe.
-Dang, that’s cool! Joel Madison, Gwen’s 10 year-old brother, said.
-Where did you get that? Henry, the guy Gwen’d betted on, said.
-Oh yeah, he doesn’t remember his name but he knows all about where he got that from. Kyle, Joel’s creepy little twin, said.
-Anaklumos. I whispered.
-Ha! He does know! 20 bucks, cough it up! Joel demanded.
-Where’s Anaklu-smish? Henry asked.
-No, its name is Anaklusmos. I said.
-Guys, what the Pluto, some of us are trying, Holy Remus! Add, what’re you holding? Gwen asked, appearing in the hallway with her sisters.
-It was a pen, and then I uncapped it.
-Oh my gods, that’s awesome! 12 year-old Marissa said, peeping over Gwen’s shoulder.
The other girls- Quittrie, Samantha, Gabby and Alena walked across to check it out, and the 7 year-old thief, Darren, woke up. A huge conversation in the camp’s main language, Latin, picked up. I just stood there without understanding a thing until Alena had a question.
-What did you say its name was? Alena asked.
-Anaklusmos.
-Riptide. In Ancient Greek. Gabby said.
-What’s up with you and Ancient Greece? Gwen asked.
-Does it matter? Merry Christmas! Samantha said.
-Yes, day off! Darren said. The whole house was excited, but obviously Gwen thought it did matter. And I agreed with her. It had to mean something.
-Sorry I woke you up. I apologised to Joel.
-Hun? Oh, don’t worry man. We wake each other up at this time anyways. Joel said.
-Well, might as well do the rites now. Gwen said.
Everybody formed a semi-circle around the fireplace.
-The rites to Vesta, goddess of home. The head of house does it every morning. Joel whispered in my ear.
Gwen took a cupcake-shaped jar and took a pinch of salt from it. She threw them in the flames, speaking words in, like, Latin. Her footwork, her movements, the words, they were all perfectly placed to happen at the right time. At the end everybody bowed and Gwen put the jar back on the mantel, next to a statuette of Mercury.
-I have to go talk to Da, Add, you’re coming. Gwen said.
-Umm, okay. I said.
-You guys get dressed, no armour required, and make it quick if you want to beat everyone to it. The stuff’s in compartment 4.
-Where’s compartment 4?
-You haven’t figured it out yet? None of you? Gwen asked. She looked singularly disappointed as she reached for something in her pocket, a key, and tossed it to Gabby, second eldest.
-Lose it you die. Common Add.
I recapped the sword (which looked absolutely idiotic) and it turned back to a pen. We walked out of the room and we both froze (no pun intended).
-What the Pluto? This is California! Gwen said.
Fluffy white snowflakes were falling from the sky, there was already an inch of white frost on the ground.
-It was like a thousand degrees yesterday! I protested. Gwen muttered something in Latin.
-What?
-Nothing, let’s go.
The city was quiet, with its frosted roofs and chilly winds. It could’ve made a decent postcard scene.
-Merry Christmas. Gwen said.
-You too. I said.
-Did you have any plans for the holidays? Gwen asked as we turned a corner.
-Probably. You?
-Well, every year our cabin, we… I shouldn’t say it right here, you’ll see later. But we’ve been planning it since March.
-No, I mean, with your family. I said. Gwen’s look made me regret asking. She wore a green pullover with a round neck and jeans. Her shark tooth necklace hung around her neck and her gladus hung at her side and the snow stuck to the bottom of her pumas.
-I don’t really talk to my mom. She got remarried a year after the brats were born, to a guy she met on the Internet. It’s not he’s not nice, it’s just… Sometimes she just isn’t considerate for Joel, Kyle and I. I’ve been at camp since I’m 7, but when I tried to go back to live with her it just kin-of went downhill with us. She tried to take us to New York when Grant- that’s her husband- had a business meeting there, to try and make it a vacation. She gets mad at us for doing every single damn thing that children of Mercury do.
-So stealing?
-In part. I’m too good to get caught, Joel and Kyle aren’t klepto, but more in the practical joke section. It’s not that I don’t like her just… She forgets who we really are. Last year I went to see her and she looked right through us like we were kids like Grant’s, 3 meant to be perfect little angels who tuck their shirts in their pants and floss after every meal.
-I get it. I said.
-Usually I spend Christmas here with everybody. It’s cool, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Gwen said. And I believed her.
7 years old… Gwen’d been training since she was 7. Why did that sound familiar?
She approached the cabin that had a door and knocked. Nothing. She knocked again.
-I’m not opening Gwendolyn Madison, forget about it! Somebody yelled.
-I come in peace! Unarmed, no stink bombs, paint or syrup I swear to Mercury! Gwen said. The door unlocked.
The guy standing in the doorframe had a messed up face. No making it any nicer or softer, that was it.
His eyes were two different colors, brown like tree bark and the left icy blue, closer together then normal. He had brown hair and his nose looked like he frequently rammed himself into walls and his lips were pursed. He had an under-bite and two pointy teeth were sticking out. All in all: bulldog.
-Is Dakota there?
-Where else would she be at freaking 6:30 o’clock in the freaking morning? He grumbled.
-Dakota! Klepto red-head’s here! He yelled into the house.
-Merry Christmas by the way. Gwen said.
-Fneh! He said before stomping off.
-Dael, don’t scare my friends. Dakota complained. She appeared in the doorframe. She was wearing skinny jeans and a red tank top with a printed-on Christmas light string going around her waist.
-Hey Gwen, hey Add, what are you guys- Holly Remus, is that snow?
-Yeah, a freaking inch of snow and more’s coming down.
-Welcome to California Add. Please excuse my problem-I mean brother. Dakota said.
The cabin confused me. One wall was all cabinets. Doors, and doors, and doors. Most of them were square, but I spotted a hexagon, and the material and handles altered. It was like a giant mosaic.
The fireplace was big enough for me to fit inside just fine, and a fire crackled, warming the living room. There was a hallway that led to more rooms, like in Mercury’s cabin, besides was a mini kitchen. A mini-fridge, boiler and cabinet hanging above. A girl with two high green ponytails walked in. She starred at us.
-Oh. Hi. She said before scurrying away.
-Who’s she? Gwen asked.
-Katelynne. Undetermined, Lupa put her with us for a while.
-Don’t strangers go with the children of the traveling god?
-Janus was the god who took in Saturn when he was on the run from Jupiter.
Cue blank look.
-Saturn, the god of agriculture and the father of the big gods, was chassed away by his son Jupiter. Janus, who was ruler of Latium, sheltered him. We take in strangers once in a blue moon. Dakota elaborated.
-Maybe she’s a daughter of Iris. I suggested.
-Maybe. Anyways, why did you come here about? I don’t reckon you’re here for Christmas carols. Dakota said.
-No. But if you want me to sing…
-Don’t. Dakota shook her head.
-I found this pen in my pocket… I started. I finished the story.
-You know Add, the more you know about yourself, the easier it’d be for me to… Nah, I shouldn’t offer.
-Offer what? I asked.
-The doors over there. Everybody is represented. If I can find yours, I can actually see your beginning. Where you come from.
-Well dot it, Da! What are you waiting for?
-The thing is… Sometimes things happen for a reason. Sometimes you keep things secret until you can’t. But the choice is yours, Add. Do I look for your past?
I thought about the little I knew about myself. My weapon, my age. My girlfriend…
I will never make things easy for you Seaweed brain, get used to it. Her voice echoed in my head.
Well at least one of us will…
-Go for it. I said.
OKAY I'm back! Did'ja miss me?

So anyways, I didn't put it at the top like I used to, because I fi
It was awesome can't wait for more!!
over a year ago auliaputrin said…
big smile
read both of fanfict!

both are very fantasticly geez!

but, i prefer the fanfic on fanfiction.net
i like the writer's style, like : 'she has blond hair, grey eyes, and etc etc etc'

i wonder would RR will read one of it? if yes, i think RR will be so proud -of course- because u both's fanfic which is motivated by him is AWESOME ENOUGH TO MAKE ME READ IT 10 TIMES
big smile
I could not understand any of that, auliaputrin. But it's ok!

Hecate you have done it again!! That was amazing!!
Your welcome for TRYING to keep the spam and pressure down.

Oh and for Katelyn if you added anothr n and an e at the end I WOULD BE IN YOUR STORY. Katelynne. heheheheh
over a year ago Idunn said…
laugh
Speechless
WHOO !!!!
big smile
lol if you do happen to send it to me via message, i will probably forget and keep coming back back here -.-. thats a BIG probably tho...
big smile
Hecate that was brilliant... i really liked the part when he was thinking the words i will never make things easy for you seaweed brain, get used to it.... oh my gods Hecate you are the best
I love how he finds out his pen is a sword, and how it was snowing in California
you are a brilliant writer
Also thanks for the comment at the top... i would hate it if people satrted spaming on what i work so hard on doing
Keep wirting you masterpices
Love always Lightning98
over a year ago labyrinth75 said…
big smile
Brilliant as always Hecate
over a year ago Festus1126 said…
laugh
What a great chapter! I really liked how he thought he remembered something about coming to camp at age 7. keep writing!
over a year ago sonoboreas said…
big smile
Redhawks your middle sentences said exactly what I wanted to say.

Anyway your welcome Hecate and saying that I was part of the few that helped you start making these absolutely amazing articles, makes me feel pretty good.

Also Hecate you should post a link of all the chapters, once you finish, on R.R. twitter account.