The Host There will be a sequel!!!

fawkes716 posted on Jul 17, 2008 at 04:44AM
I promise! In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly they did an interview with Stephenie Meyer.
The article states "She already has a first and second sequel to The Host mapped out in her head." The article also mentions that she has already written four chapters of a ghost story she is calling 'Summer House'.
save

The Host 71 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-25 of 71

over a year ago cheergeek said…
Yeah... the soul, then the seeker ^^
Too bad it won't be for while. But oh well, I can live.
over a year ago kitticat2 said…
Does the trilogy go like this: The Host, The Seeker and The Soul.

Or does it go like this: The Host, The Soul, and The Seeker.

I've heard it both ways, but I like the first way more. The Host, The Seeker and The Soul...it seems to flow better.
over a year ago zoomonkees said…
OMG really? I liked the book a lot and, though I think it could stop there if it wanted to, I wandered if there was going to be a continuation of the story...
oh, this is amazing! Thanks for the news!
over a year ago angelicdevil789 said…
It goes The Host, The Soul and the Seeker. It says in her interview with MTV, I think.
over a year ago keaf20 said…
that is pretty exciting!
last I heard was that she still wasn't sure.

I'm super excited.
but now it's gonna be a long wait just like it's been for BD.
-sigh-

over a year ago chillibanana11 said…
are you serious ive been dying to find out if there was gonna be a sequal! i bet its gonna be great! and summer house sounds cool. but im extatic to find out there will be a sequal.
over a year ago peanutbutter111 said…
YESSSSSSSSSS its gona be superr

summer house...hmm ok cant wait to hear what thats all about
over a year ago shortynme said…
Wow I'm out of the loop! lol I heard that she was writing a sequel to The Host but I hadn't heard there were two and that she had names for them! lol And what's this about a ghost story?! Sweet stuff!
over a year ago redkie said…
yay !!! i know i was so happy when i found out! ^^
over a year ago OTHGossipGirl said…
YAY! That makes me so happy!
over a year ago wandarer said…
I read somewhere that she had said that if she would write a sequel one of the main characters would die.
I'm freaking out now. Sure I badly want more but if she kills Ian or Wanda, I'm done!!!
over a year ago emma-jeff said…
Woop woop!!!!!!! Im so excited! Stephenie's so awesome!
over a year ago Poppee said…
OMG!! I never read anywhere she was going to kill anyone off!! I'd be ok of it were Jeb, but not Kyle, Sunny, IAN, Wanda, Melanie, Jamie, or Jared. I would be so mad and so depressed if she killed any of them off, especially IAN!!
over a year ago wandererian said…
yeah i agree with Poppee, it's k if Jeb dies but not the other main characters that would just b...emo! but at least she's writing a sequel I'M EXCITED! i hope it doesnt take like years for it to come out. probably will though?
over a year ago DefineDelicate said…
boy do i feel left out O___O i mean..for real? is she really writing a squeal??? i'm so effing happy about that. WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO :D :D ;)
over a year ago twilightfan22 said…
that is soooo cool i cant wait!! WAHOO!!!
over a year ago Jericlove28 said…
I herd that she was either completley done with the sequel or almost done with it. But if she did kill someone off i HOPE WITH ALL OF THE HATRED IN MY HEART THAT IT IS SHARON!!!!! GRR I HATE SHARON!!! I hope she doesn't kill Ian, Doc, Kyle, Wanda, Jared, or Melanie, or Jamie if jamie died it would be so boring becuase melanie would like be all dpress and so would wanda and ugg.
over a year ago odd-duck said…
Wait-a sequel, where do you guys read this? I was completely clueless!!!!!!!! And Summer house-when's that out?
over a year ago ragga said…
Im sure it will take a while though :/

i hope she comes out with another book soon (any other book).. As long as shes written it I bet its good no matter what :)
over a year ago MrsZECullen said…
OMG OI!!! I KNOW!!! I heard this a couple of weeks ago from my friend but didn't have time to post but I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE TRILOGY!!! It's so totally freaking awesome!!!
over a year ago cait045 said…
I heard months ago that Stephenie Meyers was going to make a sequel but has anyone heard anything new? Like when its coming out?
over a year ago Slenix said…
I can't absolutely wait for the sequel. I really hope she publishes it soon. I made some covers on what I think the cover should look like. Which one is better?

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/fathomm12­345­/Th­eSo­ul.­jpg

or

i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/fathomm12­345­/Th­eSo­ul2­.jp­g
over a year ago Tiste-Liosan said…
Jared can die or melanie they aren't the main characters Wanderer is
over a year ago VampireFreak29 said…
crying
OMG! YAY!!! i cant wait, i LOVED this book alot and cant wait for the sequal. I am sooo happy i am crying. YAY!!!!
over a year ago krystalp4evar said…
big smile
yes!!!!!!!!!Im sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!yaayayayayayay!