The Hunger Games MOCKINGJAY FORUM

XxIsabellaxX posted on Sep 04, 2010 at 11:42PM
THIS IS A FORUM WHERE YOU CAN WRITE ALL YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT THE BOOK MOCKINGJAY!

The Hunger Games 1050 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 1050

over a year ago pearlycat1 said…
big smile
Loved the ending
over a year ago XxIsabellaxX said…
smile
I sort of did and sort of didn't
Everything just happened so fast
over a year ago silver93 said…
Anyone wanna here the story I came up with to get over all the deaths in the book?
laugh
Sure
As a reward for all the things Katniss did for the rebellion, Beetee gets a special assignment to make a time machine and go back and save all the people that died(he himself wouldn't go) that katniss loved. In order for it to work Katniss still has to think they are dead so history doesn't change. So they have to wait until the time machine is built and then they can come out and be with Katniss. This could only work for Cinna, Madge, Prim and maybe Finnick if they timed it right since she never actually saw any of them die.
smile
That is awesome
It's the only thing that stopped the pain of thinking of Prim. I just don't see how Katniss could do so much and all she gets as a reward is being sent back to 12 where no one else wants to go.
Exactly !
Hold on
Where was Haymitch when Katniss was in the Capitol
In 13?
If he was ... HOW COULD HE HAVE LET PRIM GO TO THE CAPITOL!!!!!!!!!
He probably didn't know about it. He was most likely drunk out of his mind b/c he thought Katniss was dead.
over a year ago Arissa1422 said…
Since they are both so alike, if he thought she was dead... he'd probably be crushed.

i think it was Coins doing, to let Prim go to the capitol. i never liked Coin.
surprise
@ARISSA 1422

Yeah I agree Coin was very suspicious to me since they introduced her to the story

@SILVER93

You are right!!!!!
over a year ago THG123 said…
angry
I'm really mad at Gale for just leaving without saying goodbye, yeah sure, it would've been easier for Katniss but he was her best-friend for so long, he couldn't even leave a note? Sometimes, I just wished he would've just died. That was one of the things that bugged the crap out of me.
EXACTLY. That bothered me so much! (i actually think i mentioned this on some other forum...haha) i think it would be a lot better if he just died than leave without saying goodbye. I could see Katniss dealing with that because so many people she loved died. But him just leaving without any goodbye, even if it was a crappy one, bothered me a lot.
Well, i didn't like how Gale acted throughout Mockingjay. Everything he did bothered me.
Yea I know, the book was an awesome tragedy, but since I'm not really into that kinda stuff... idk, it's a huge bummer, I really liked Gale before Mj (Even though there was like 20 pages of him from both books all together) I was hoping he left a note or something, that said something like,
"I'm sorry, but I know you can never be around me again without thinking of Prim's death, so I'll make it easier on you, because I love you, and can't bear to see you hurt,
Take care Catnip, Love you always,
Gale,"

But when I found out he just left to District 2, absolutely no closure! I was beyond pissed! Gale proved to me that he was a jerk, and the fact that people still like him makes me even more frustrated! Didn't they read the book?!!
I've mentioned this a lot in another forum, but sorry if I sound cranky, I'm actually having a bad month now.
last edited over a year ago
It's alright. Lol. And i know! i was pretty sad that Gale was changing a lot throughout the book, but once i found that out i was so angry! and i really didn't care about him anymore. I was glade that Katniss and Peeta ended up together.. because after everything he was better for her.

i just think it would have been easier on everyone if Gale just died.
laugh
Arissa1422 :)

Lol, you know, you may be one of my favourite people on fanpop. XD
over a year ago shingkai said…
gale just reveals his true nature. REAL or NOT REAL?

Arissa1422
you're right :)
wink
God you guys say everything on my mind!!! But just to leave it fresh

GALE IS A HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE­EE JERK!!!!!!!
I don't think it bothered Katniss that he wasn't in district 12. He wasn't the same Gale that went hunting in the woods with her. There was a part of the book when she tried to see if there was any part of the old Gale left and she realized there wasn't. I think it's better to have the old Gale from her memories than the new one that Katniss can't recognize.
Oh, and Cinna isn't really dead. I won't believe till I see the body.
(there's no emote for denial)
over a year ago JessieJam55 said…
how can katniss get on with her life, i mean there is so many times throughout the three books where she would have commited suicide w/o a second thought? how does life ever really move on after all those times thought to be the end?

Silver93, i know it didn't bother Katniss Gale wasen't there. I agree, she realized the old Gale was gone.
it just bothered me! hahahah!

THG123, Haha! Thanks! you toooo :D
@JesieJam55 She did try to kill herself, but Peeta stopped her, which is sorta a symbol of how she could move on. It's because of Peeta that she can see the happy things in life. He has the ability to make her believe in things no one else can.
I wish we could meet her kids. I wonder which parent each of them takes after.
heart
Do any of you wish Peeta was an actual person?
And there would be a bunch of Peetas
That would be nice
Silver93,

You said everything on my mind, she actually felt relief after finding about Gale's "Fancy" job. I don't know if I should be angry or relieved, because I'm a huge Katniss/Peeta shipper. It was shocking to see how much Gale had changed, he was heartless, and he pretty much proved to me he was kind of a man-whore, you know, how girls would swoon all over him and he would let them! How can people still like him?! And it's amazing how Peeta, even when they said he's broken beyond repair and will never love Katniss again, how his love was so strong, it even beat the Hijaking, true, he gets his fits time to time, but he still loves her.

Arissa1422,

lol, It bothered me a lot too.

XxIsabellaXX

Yes that would be nice, although there is a guy I know who is exactly like how imagine Peeta, and girls literally drool when they see him, the dude's really nice, it's creepy how much he reminds me of Peeta.
I like the old Gale, not the new one. You were right about the pearl thing by the way. It was pretty obvious she loved him, I mean she slept holding the Pearl.
I knew in the beginning of mockingjay because of the pearl thing that she was in love with Peeta, but i honestly didn't care because i was over Gale completely at that point.

And about the kids, i agree. I wish we got to know there names and there personalities.
Yeah, there was a part that stood out to me the most, it was something like how she would roll the pearl on her lips as if she was kissing the person who gave it to her, she said that herself. I would've liked to know more about their kids as well, their names, would they be more like Peeta or Katniss.
over a year ago shingkai said…
what if the epilogue is just a dream?
or just one of katniss' subconscious desire
Noo, i don't think so. I think it was suppose to be the end of the book, like end it in a good way. Talking about how Panem is now safe and her and Peeta are happy together and their children know about the Hunger Games and etc. I don't think Collins would make the ending of Mockingjay a dream.
over a year ago TeamZoey said…
hmmm
Why do you guys think that they teach the kids in school about the Hunger Games??
I imagine they do the impossible and make it even more awful than how it really was. The best way to get something to stick is by teaching only the horrible stuff and the most extreme versions of something that is already terrible. It's how they teach slavery for the most part in schools.
over a year ago penguinlover14 said…
yea i think they teach the kids about the hunger games and its horrors so that history doesnt repeat itself and they can live in peace. Kinda like how they teach us about the holocaust in school, so that we can understand how it affected the world and all the horrors that went on, and so we know what to do if history every tries to repeat itself.
Yeah, exactly.
I have a question, many Gale fans are saying that Suzanne only had Gale kill Prim so she can solve the love-triangle, what is you thoughts about this? I think it was just how it would've happened in real life, especially since Gale went all obsessed with Rebellion.
No, Prim died so that Katniss would kill president coin. As for Gale, the only reason he lived was so that people wouldn't assume she only picked Peeta b/c Gale was dead. I don't understand why people like Gale and see Katniss being with him. All throughout Mockingjay it was pointed out why they shouldn't be together. And on the last page(before the epilogue) Katniss explained why she would have always ended up with Gale. I don't think that the two of them would ever be together, unless Gale was a different person. She was never interested in him that way. It's not his fault, it would just be like Katniss being in love with the male version of herself.
Thank you, once again, you've said everything on my mind, :)
it was pretty straight-forward, Katniss evven said it herself and guess what? People are still in denial. Katniss hates herself, why would she get with someone who's exactly like her, except Gale doesn't care if sacrifices people. And I agree, if she killed Gale, people would think Peeta won by default. But still, he deserves a slow and painful death.
over a year ago peggy44 said…
heart
Totally I luv perta and hav been team peeta the whole time...he sounds so hot!
over a year ago davidc6 said…
meh
I don't think gale is a jerk I think he loves katniss a lot. He should have been the one katniss .gale and katniss children would have been as peeta said human because katniss and gale are seam. Peeta is the only pure person in the book his children with katniss would have been the first pure people However gale should have died. Or peeta should have died and so should katniss

smile
@ thg123 the hate herself hate gale thing is genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still like gale more
If katniss was not in the games she would have and should have married gale. Gale did not kill prim coin did by allowing her to be in the field and detonating the bomb. For example do you blame mr.kaleshnikov for killing all of those people( mr. Kaleshnikov invented the AK-47)
I agree that if Katniss wasn't in the games then she would have ended up with Gale or more likely alone. But i also think that even though Coin sent Prim to the capitol, Gale still is at fault for killing Prim because it was his bomb and he would do whatever it took to win the rebellion. And if that meant killing Prim then he would have done it. It was his bomb and if he was Killing capitol children with it, he was going to drop the bombs. He didn't care what the cost was. He just wanted to win.
I think Katniss would have been alone. She wouldn't have been with Gale. She didn't want children and would look at marrying Gale as depriving him of something.
@davidc6 no offense, but I can't really understand anything you wrote.
And I'm not sure if Katniss hates herself, she just doesn't think she's anything special.
angry
@david6

Gale is a jerk! After what happened with the bombs you still like him!*!*!*!*!*
He has no heart!
He proved it when he asked Katniss why she liked her prep team so much! Is that even his business????

And when Finnick was being attacked by mutts Katniss wanted to go try to save him but Gale is all like "No only the mutts are coming"

Peeta<3
Gale is a jerk, i don't understand how old Gale fans still like him.

I was 95% Gale for the first book, then it went to like 80% in Catching Fire. And after reading Mockingjay, Peeta is just perfect for Katniss in every way.

I was a complete Gale fan until Mockingjay, i honestly don't get how people could still like him after reading it.
Silver93,
I think she hates herself because whatever she does, seems to result in other people`s pain. Just like Gale, him being `Buddy buddy` with Coin hurts Katniss because she specifically told him to stay away from her, his bomb results in Prim`s death which also hurts Katniss again, he leaves her, leaving no goodbye or closure, which again results in hurting Katniss, until she finds relief about that later on. But we can both agree that she definitely hates her life.

Davidc6,
Huh...?

XxIsabellaxX and Arissa1422,

Thank you for making a good point :)
last edited over a year ago
I don't think she cares that Gale doesn't say goodbye, as a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if it was Katniss' fault. Gale was still in love with Katniss, it was Katniss that no longer loved him. I think there are things about herself that Katniss doesn't like, but not enough to completely hate herself.
You make a good point, Okay, I'll consider that. :) I have a question, Do you think the Hunger Games accomplished the goal of capturing the effects of war on the young?
lol.
Yes, it has completely traumatized me. I was tearing for days and could only stop by making up a pretend ending. But, I'm obsessed. So maybe it's different for other people.