NONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS ORIGANLLY MINE...Thanks! (:
1. If you see Johnny as a deep person like Ponyboy does, add this to your profile.
2. Don't want a knight in shining armor; I want a greaser in Converse and hair grease!
3. If you're against animal cruelty, then copy this into your profile!
4. If you're against animal experimentation, then copy and paste!
5. when you hear the song "Replay" by Iyaz, your version of the first line is "Johnny's like a melody in my head...", then copy and paste.
6. If you love greasers, are a self-confessed greaser fan, and are a proud member of TEAM GREASER and can't stand Socs...COPY AND PASTE!
7. If you know in fact Sodapop Curtis is BLOND, but don't the heck mind when Rob Lowe played him, copy and paste
8. If you think we should all go back to the 50's-early 60's, copy and paste this into your profile!
9. If you support Sodapop Curtis, copy and paste this to your profile.
10. Rest In Peace, Patrick Swayze (Darry Curtis)
"Patrick lived a hundred lifetimes in one. I will remember him for that, and I will remember him for how much he loved his wife Lisa. He was such an intense actor, so full of passion and vigor. He definitely made the most out of it. It's a sad day... He played my brother twice, so I feel like I lost a brother today. " ~Rob Lowe
"I have always had a special place in my heart for Patrick. While I was fortunate enough to work with him in three films, it was our passion for horses that forged a friendship between us that I treasure to this day. Not only did we lose a fine actor today, I lost my older Outsiders brother. My heart goes out to not only his entire family, but all his fans as well." ~Tommy Howell
"Patrick fought the ultimate fight as passionate as he embraced his life—with strength, dignity and grace. His love of his work and family was inspirational. He touched so many...I am proud to have shared in his journey... Remembering my fellow greaser. Stay Gold, buddy." ~Ralph Macchio
11. If you're Swayze Crayze and know it, add this to your profile!!! :D
12. You laugh every time you drink a soft drink for reasons unknown to people around you.
13. You name your horse (or any other pet) Ponyboy.
14. You've looked up Robert Frost poems before, just to read Nothing Gold Can Stay from a million different sources.
15. You've read Gone With the Wind, even though it's more than a thousand pages long, for no other reason except because it was mentioned in The Outsiders.
16. If you HAVE read Gone With the Wind, you get randomly excited and squeal at the page where it quotes exactly, "riding into sure death because they were gallant".
17. You've started wearing black leather jackets, old jeans, and white t-shirts a lot more than you usually do.
18. You've researched the 60s for fun, and you have asked questions concerning the 60s to your baffled history teacher.
19. You've tried slicking back your hair with hair gel/grease and squealed happily at the results.
20. You've bleached your hair just because Ponyboy did.
21. You've started caring about your hair a lot more than you did before.
22. You've stopped getting haircuts.
23. You daydream about the greasers and imagine yourself in their time period.
24. You have a sudden urge to eat bologna...although you may think it tastes like spicy dirt.
25. Your fear of fire has suddenly become a bit disturbing or you can't be around fire without bawling.
26. You suddenly start looking for greasers when you're out of your house.
27. You compare random people to The Outsiders characters when you see them.
28. You've started using the words, "ain't", "golly", "gee", "dig", "tuff", and other old slang words proudly, not paying attention to the weird stares you're getting from people around you.
29. You've read the book so many times you could quote entire pages from it.
30. You love your English teacher for getting you to read it.
31. You announce to your stunned parents that your new favorite cartoon character is Mickey Mouse.
32. You want to hit people when your teacher's showing the Outsiders movie, and they don't pay attention to it/laugh at it.
33. You rush up to every random person reading the book, squealing and babbling about how amazing the book is, and how much they're gonna love it so much. You say these thing to COMPLETE STRANGERS too.
34. You suddenly wish you had a southern accent, and you love people who actually do.
35. You've developed a sudden interest in old movies.
36. You do a double take each time someone says the word "soda" or "pony".
37. You laugh every time you drink Pepsi (Ponyboy's addiction) or Coke (Dally/Cherry incident)
38. You write "Stay Gold" as the last line of every letter you write.
39. You've paused the movie at the very beginning when Ponyboy writes in his composition book, and tried to copy his handwriting.
40. You've wondered what it would be like the live as a greaser in the 1960s...Multiple times.
41. You and your best friend spend three hours running around the mall asking random people where you can find some white and black Converse high-tops, just because Ponyboy has white ones and Johnny has black. Then you spend all your mom's birthday money buying some.
42. You spend twenty bucks at the bouncy ball machine, trying to get a red one. Then when you do, you walk around your subdivision for hours, bouncing it like Ponyboy does in the beginning of the movie.
43. You laugh hysterically when you really do "step out into the sunlight from the darkness of the movie house"
44. Certain songs remind you of characters/gang.
45. You've committed the Nothing Gold Can Stay poem to memory
46. You've written (or are writing) multiple fanfictions relating to the Outsiders
47. You start quoting the book.
48. You've memorized the number page on your favorite parts
49. You make a list of Greasers and Socs using people you know.
50. When talking to someone who has never read it, you get defensive when they ask if Ponyboy was his real name.
51. You freak whenever you see a blue Mustang.
52. You've read the book multiple times
53. After reading it again, you wonder at the details. (Like why Sodapop signed his full name on his letter to his little brother. Did he think that he'd been forgotten? Or why they mentioned the nightmares...?)
54. You go to Dairy Queen. While at said restaurant, you order bar-bq-sandwiches and banana splits.
55. You contemplate the meaning of "gallant"
56. You start calling your group of close friends a gang
57. You watch sunsets (and sunrises)
58. You say "Oh My (S. E.) Hinton" or "Oh My insert Outsiders character name here" instead of Oh My G.
59. When a friend asks you to borrow the book, you pause becuase you don't want to part with it
60. You point out all of the itty-bitty details that they got wrong in the movie (Dally's hair color, Ponyboy getting shoved instead of slapped, etc)
61. You eat chocolate cake for breakfast and immediately think of the the Curtises
62. You have to stop yourself from laughing whenever someone says "soda"
63. When someone says "pony" you immediately think "boy!"
64. You continually ask your history teacher about the Vietnam war, or anything else pertaining to the sixties
65. When people say sixties, you think of greasers and Socs, not hippies like most.
66. You have a GIGANTIC FAN ATTACK (bouncing up and down, hyperventilating...) when Ralph Macchio danced to "Stay Gold"
67. You read this list and laugh at how many things you've done
"Socials may be large, Socials may be rough, But man, oh man, them Greasers are tuff. Socials got Mustangs Socials got cash, But I heart Greasers that roll in trash. Greasers are great, Greasers are bold, Put on your Converse shoes and stay gold."
"Ponyboy taught me that things are rough all over, and even though it may not seem like it, people deeply care about you.
Sodapop taught me that it's okay to be laid back sometimes.
Darry taught me to protect the ones I love.
Dally taught me that if you're tough, you won't get hurt.
Two-Bit taught me that it's okay to make a joke every once in a while.
Steve taught me that you should always stick by your best friends and that people WILL think you're weird if you do backflips off of cars.
Johnny Cade told me to Stay Gold."