Tiva Quotes!

Lie_to_Me_123 posted on Nov 05, 2009 at 12:14PM
Well, I saw this on the Huddy spot, so I thought we could try it here?

Anyway, just put quotes that apply to Tiva.

This could be:

1. Quotes that they've said to each other.
2. From Tony about Ziva.
3. From Ziva about Tony.
4. From other people about their relationship.
5. Just random quotes that remind you of them!

Tiva 361 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 361

over a year ago Lie_to_Me_123 said…
heart
Gibbs: Rule Eleven.
Tony: I'd never date a co-worker boss, how could you.... That's 12.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago goodgirlmikey said…
>< XD. Damn.

Rule eleven and rule 12 are two very different things to get mixed up with. HAHA.

Don't expect Tony to not date a co-worker though.:)
big smile
Tony: How many languages do you speak?
Ziva: Including the language of love? Ten.

-Faith, Season 7

DO YOU THINK ZIVA STARTED DROPPING HINTS AGAIN?

Well, it's about damn time she did it once more and he finally picks up on the signals. :D:D:D:D

[I missed this forum so much:)]
heart
Ziva: Bend over, Tony.

- Child's Play
heart
Paradox, a poem by Tom McGrath.

'Let us for this love
commit no crime,
not destroy others,
be calm in time
and let our love assume
the varied shapes it finds,
in its own pace and moments.

Let's have no hiddenness,
no deceitful trysts,
for others wait upon
our promised lives:

We can love more, unmarred,
if we resist;
and yet, my darling,
I am unconvinced.

heart
Ziva: After our last trip to LA, I do not understand why you think I would be such an eager platypus, Tony.
Tony: Beaver, eager beaver. Not "platypus". Why does that bother me so much? Don't answer that!

- Legend Part 1.
heart
Tony: Jackrabbit Slims.
Ziva: Just like the diner in Pulp Fiction.
Tony: You don't know how to say "porcupine" but you remember the diner from Pulp Fiction?
Ziva: Believe it or not, we actually have movie theaters in my country.

-Ravenous.
heart
Tony: We gotta figure what he was doing here.
Ziva: And with whom he was doing it.
Tony: Doing what with?
Ziva: Whatever he was doing when he was undone.
Tony: Done? What?
Ziva: Done.
Ducky: In, my dear fellow. Done in. Don't you understand the Queen's English?
Tony: Not this Queen.

-About Face
heart
Tony: You know, if you want, Ziva, I could check you for spots.
Ziva: No thanks.
Tony: I'm sure you've got hot spots and warm spots....

-Chimera.
over a year ago ziva_rocks said…
laugh
Season 7 - Faith

Abby: Like you said, whoever did this had speed, strength, and agility.
Tony: I have many of those qualities myself.
Ziva: Ha!
Tony: Where is your spirit, probette?
Ziva: Bahumbog!
Tony: Ba-what?

Funny as!!

McGee: It's freezing this morning.
Tony: Man up, chilly willy. Feel that warm blood coursing through your veins. Get in touch with your inner McGrizzly Adams.
McGee: Well I've got hand warmers.
Tony: Give me one.
McGee: No.
Ziva: I'm not cold at all.
Tony: The coldblooded David, like a lady Komodo dragon; ice queen, frigid and deadly. Ziva: And I remembered to wear my thermal underwear.
Tony: I'll give you fifty bucks for it right now.
Ziva: It wouldn't fit. You're too big.
Tony: [desperately] It'll stretch. Turn 'em over.

This ep was full of funny Tiva Quotes!!
over a year ago ziva_rocks said…
Some of the best Quotes from Season 5.

Tony: You know I saw this on Cinemax once.
Ziva: So what happens now?
Tony: They play some funky music and then you say, "I''ve been watching you from afar".
Ziva: Well, I have been watching you from afar, Tony.Which is why I know how much you care for Jeanne.
Tony: Ahhhh, your timing is impeccable, Ziva.
Ziva: And how much it hurt when she left..........So, what happens now?

Tony: These are called feelings, Ziva
Ziva: Feelings you need to let go
Tony: That easy huh?
Ziva: Tony, even if by some miracle Jeanne did forgive you, would you be willing to be Tony DiNardo full-time? To leave your entire life behind for her? You didn't think this through.
Tony: Didn't you tell me that the heart wants what it wants?
Ziva: No, actually I didn't.
Tony: Well it does
Ziva: Well it shouldn't.
Tony: Really? This coming from the woman who fell in love with the dead man walking? (Ziva gives him the evil eye and yanks up his fly, hard)
Ziva: You crossed the line, Tony. (she stalks out of the men's room)
Tony: (incredulous) Oh!? I crossed the line?

Ziva: You are xenophobic
Tony: I am not Xena-phobic -- it's one of my favorite shows. Leather skirts, lesbian sword fighting, female empowerment. Maybe I'm a little Ziva-phobic

Tony: Don't change the subject with your big words, McNerd. Ziva says she had a feeling. Tell us about this feeling. What was this feeling?
Ziva: I felt... overwhelmed. Temporarily. When we were wrestling with Corporal Werth. (Tony and McGee look at each other)
Ziva: What? What is this look?
McGee: Nothing.
Tony:...You like him.
Ziva: I thought he was powerful
McGee: You really liked him
Ziva: I am trying to describe something... complicated.
Tony: It's not complicated, Ziva. It's Conan.
McGee: To her Red Sonja.
Tony: Nice.
Ziva: It only lasted a moment.
Tony: You had a moment. A moment and a feeling. And a smack to the head. Ziva: You have not listened to anything I have said.
Tony: Well it's only been three years. I'm a slow learner.
Ziva: And a slow healer. You're crying over spilled... milk.
Tony: It's not milk that I spilled.
Ziva: Do not do this Tony.
Tony: Don't do what? Blow my protection detail? My undercover assignment?
Ziva: Those sound like apologies.

Tony: Paris. That's when it must have happened.
Ziva: The two of them alone in another world.
Tony: Putting their lives in each other's hands every day.
Ziva: Not to mention the long nights.
Tony: It was inevitable.
Ziva: Nothing is inevitable.

heart
Tony: She likes quiet walks on the beach, laughing with friends and playing Frisbee with her Cocker spaniel Ruphus.
Ziva: It does not say that.
Tony: Well it might as well. Look at those come hither eyes, those perfect kiss me now lips. No wonder Vance is obsessed. Kai's killing me and I'm just looking at her. <i>You and Kai are probably a lot more alike than you think.

Ziva: I do not follow.
Tony: Really? A couple of pretty ladies, both trained assassins.</i>

-Endgame
big smile
You got it, Dannii. You know, the "You had my back" makes me all fluffy inside until now :) shizz.
heart
Sometimes I think we get caught up in the bigger moments, so we tend to forget about moments like this lol. Ya know, the subtler ones.
laugh
^ Yeah. And not to mention the looks SHE gives him these past eps.:) It's so cute. And there's something there.
heart
"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."
heart
McGee: All these pages are a product of my free writing.
Ziva [to Tony]: Free writing?
Tony: I'll explain it later.

- Cover Story
"Well, it seems to me that the best relationships--the ones that last-- are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is...suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."
- Dana Scully (The X-Files)

:)

WELL SAID.
big smile
"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~Destiny Vaestus

Well, Ziva doens't need to say that SHE LONGS FOR HIM out loud, because it's pretty much obvious. Only Tony doesn't recognize it.
laugh

I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

--Ten Things I Hate About You

Does it remind you of 'em? It reminds me of 'em. :d
heart
Especially the ones "I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind." But I secretly think they like it when the other stares.
heart
"If you love someone let them go. If they come back to you, they' were yours to begin with. If they don't, they never were."

Because he did let her go, and she CAME BACK.

----

"The chemistry between us could DESTROY this place."

They've had it since the very beginning.

----

"Don't say we aren't right for each other. They way I see it is, we're not right for anyone else."

So true.

----

"If you're not willing to risk it all, then you don't want it bad enough."

That's what he did. He risked his life.
laugh
"when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."- When Harry Met Sally

:D :D :> :>
big smile
TIVA QUOTE OF THE MOMENT:

"We'll always have Paris."

-Rick Blaine, played by Humphrey Bogart. Casablanca, 1942

IT SAYS MUCH, DOESN'T IT?
heart
McGee: Hey, in Paris, who got stuck with the couch?
Tony: Me. We flipped a coin.
McGee: Tough break. (leaves)
Ziva: Why did you just lie to McGee?
Tony: Why did you lie to Nora?

-Jetlag
heart
Nora: You are so direct. So honest. So different from him.
Ziva: Tony and I have different approaches.
Nora: You're complimentary. You're sure you two never --
Ziva: No. Positive. Definitely no. Why do you keep on asking about Tony and I?
Nora: You're like me and Daniel. A good fit. Besides, Paris is a romantic city and you two shared a room, so I --
Ziva: I took the couch. Otherwise Tony would have whined the entire flight about his back.

-Jetlag
over a year ago maddy12 said…
heart
Ziva: This is not a vactation, Tony.
Tony: But it is a beautiful day. (looks directly at her)

Am I the only one who squealed at this? :)
heart
Nope.

But then again, I think I just about squealed at everything interaction or look they had/gave each other.
big smile
Hehe, so did I xD
heart
One word: HONEY.

Now how could that be quotable? Well, it's Tony who said it...to Ziva.

[I really have a feeling they read the fan boards.]
heart
It's starting to really make me think that they are. What with the "Language of Love" comment and Tony watching her sleep and him calling her "honey". It's amazing!
over a year ago Ms_Montana said…
Ziva: This is not a vacation, Tony.

Tony: *looks at her directly* But it is a beautiful day.

Ziva: Why are you in such a pleasant mood? What's wrong with you?

Tony: I slept well last night. Didn't you? You looked comfy enough.

*The two exchange knowing smiles then proceed to hop on to Tony's motorbike*

I almost died when they said this. I squealed the same at the end of the episode, after McGee left, they talked about the
"couch-lie" and he showed her the picture. And then it went black and white. It was the best episode ever!
heart
EPIC HEARTWARMING TIVA CONVERSATION FROM MASQUERADE:
Z: Lock picked. I do not think our friendly neighborhood counselor would approve.

T: Yeah. Well, let her spend the night working a homicide. I tell you, things are not so black and white when the walls are all splattered with red.

Z: Or when your way of life is threatened.

T: Exactly. Wait a second. Are you mocking me?

Z: No, Tony. I was not mocking you. It's just that, ah, when I was held hostage in Somalia, Saleem used similar justifications for his actions.

T: Saleem. Caf-Pow swilling, sociopath was a terrorist Ziva.

Z: I'm sure he would say that he was just protecting his way of life.

T: You're not seriously defending him, are you?

Z: No, Tony. His actions were indefensible regardless of his reasons. And that is my point. This country holds itself to a higher standard. It is a nation of laws which are to be followed, not only when it is convenient or easy. I have seen first hand what happens when convenience wins out.

T: You never talk about it.

Z: What is there to talk about?

T: Come on Ziva. [the look he gives her here is breathtaking]

Z: What Saleem did was bad enough. Becoming like him would be worse.

So, she finally opens up. To Tony, no less. Out of everyone in the world, it had to be him.

It'd be hard for her to delve into the Somalia Experience but, Ziva opening up to Tony, let alone mentioning something about her time in that hell hole with Saleem....

Also, notice the concerned look on Tony's face [pictured below.]
A moment earlier he was joking with Ziva then suddenly their conversation turns serious and you could just see how he wants to help and ease her pain so badly.

EPIC HEARTWARMING TIVA CONVERSATION FROM MASQUERADE:
Z: Lock picked. I do not think our friendly neig
heart
"I hate this! If you knew how horrible it is to be separate from you, or what it's like to see your face every time I shut my eyes. If you knew how I feel when I'm with you, maybe you'd get how hard this is for me! I mean, there's no reason for me to come back here. None! Except you."

- Naomi, "Jerk California", written by Jonathan Friesen.
heart
TONY [to Kate]: I don't know, maybe it's like falling in love. It can happen (snaps fingers) like that.

-Bete Noire, Season 1
heart
How was it possible for someone to calm and unnerve her at the same time? Perhaps that was what love was? She wasn’t entirely sure anymore.- "There Were Moments", a TIVA fanfic written by Jena Rink
heart
“Because I’m an ass and even though I know you’ve been through hell, I need to know that I mean something to you, even if it’s barely a fraction of what you mean to me.”

Saving Me, A Tiva fanfic by GRACE5
heart
"I can’t quite decide if I want to stab him or fuck him. This is the problem with Tony."

Make It Right, A Tiva Fanfic by brightblue

heart
". As long as he was there to surprise her, to make her smile when there was nothing worth smiling for, to love her--well, then she was blessed beyond compare."

Proud, A Tiva Christmasfic by Pyroangel32
"I know the rule is meant to protect us, but I won’t let it stop me from finding out what I could have with her.”- Tony to Gibbs on Rule 12.

No Excuses, a Tiva fanfic by Jelenamichel
heart
^ PERFECTION.
heart
Ziva: There are a few strings being tugged.
Tony: Pulled; you pull strings.
Werth: Except heart strings.
Ziva: The heart has strings?
Werth: According to the poets.
Tony: Don't confuse the girl. It's taken a lot of marionetteing to get her this far.
Werth: Who's the puppet master?

-Jack Knife, Season 7

Tony's the very caring puppet master, and Damon knows it.
big smile
^ That did not ever occur to me.
heart
"The heart that protects itself from future pain, protects itself from current love."---A quote found on the NCIS Proverbs section of the NCIS wetpaint fansite.
heart
This is a quote from a fanfic entitled 'Protection Detail' which was weitten by ladyeagle117. It's actually a letter from Ziva to Tony; she wrote it before he flew back to Israel when Vance disbanded The A-Team. Tony is only supposed to read it if something bad happens to Ziva. It's such as sweet, heartbreaking letter, it really felt like something Ziva would write. It was so real.

NOW, IF YOU'RE THINKING THAT THIS FANFIC HAS NO HAPPY ENDING, JUST READ THE FANFIC. THE AUTHOR'S ALREADY WORKING ON THE SEQUEL. LINK COULD BE FOUND AT THE END.

Anyway.....here it is.

24 May, 2008

Tony,

It is my sincerest hope that you will never read this, never even know of its existence, that one day I will be able to watch this scrap of paper curling to ashes in the dead of night. But you and I both know that that can never be.

Since the day I was born, it has been my destiny to be killed in the line of duty, in service to my country. I have known my entire life, and it does not trouble me in the slightest. Recent events, however, have forced me to contemplate my own mortality in a far different manner than I could ever have imagined. It was not that she died, for she died a hero's death. And though she was strong, decisive, and brilliant, the fact that she is gone has only a small part to do with the letter I now write.

It was the look on his face, the hurt and the anger, the adoration and tenderness in his eyes. It was watching one of the strongest men I have ever known stare down at the broken and bloodied body of his partner, the woman he had loved with all of his heart, and be unable to cry, unable to breathe for the pain it caused him, because now she was gone and she had taken his heart with her, leaving behind nothing but an endless stream of questions that will never be answered, one boat that will never be burned. This time, they will not get another chance. We may never get that chance at all, and I could never do to you what Jenny did to Gibbs.

Whether you are sitting at Bethesda right now, waiting for the monitor to flat-line, or you are halfway around the world and this letter appears on your desk out of the blue after fifteen years, just please know that, regardless of whatever may have happened between us, regardless of the years and the miles that separate us, regardless of any actions I may have taken in haste, in fits of rage or stubbornness, regardless of anything I may have said or done to hurt you, to push you away, I love you with all my heart and soul, more than any one human being has ever endeavored to love another. I love the way your smile lights up a room, the way you find the humor in even the worst of situations, how, underneath the insolent and irritating exterior, you are the kindest, sweetest, gentlest, most wonderful man I have ever had the pleasure to meet. One day, you are going to make some lucky woman very, very happy. It was almost Jeanne. Here's to hoping that maybe, just maybe, it might be me.

I am doing my best to avoid being presumptuous. If reading this is becoming an awkward ordeal, please be content to know that it has been an absolute honor to be on your six for all this time, that you are a fine agent, one of the best I have ever worked with, and that you have been and always will be my best friend. But, on the off chance that you feel the same way, I could not bear the thought of you staring down at my broken body and wondering what you could have done differently. You have already done far too much. I am forever in your debt.

Please, do not mourn me. Do not cry, do not lose sleep, and, whatever other request you choose to ignore, please do not blame yourself. Whatever may have happened, it was not your fault. You could not have stopped it from happening, could not have done anything to change it. My time at NCIS has been the best of my life, and I promised myself long ago that I would do anything for those of you who made it so. It was my own choice. I have no regrets. Please, take a second to remember what happened last time you tried to change my mind.

Give Abby a hug and tell Gibbs and McGee that I will miss them, that I love them. Then, forget me. Let me fade into your memories, become blip in an otherwise long, happy, and healthy life. Do not leave my desk empty and untouched. Do not give an Israeli outsider dirty looks when she chooses to sit in my seat. Do not leave my sketchbook in a drawer, gathering dust, for her to find one night in the bullpen. Burn it if you want, save it if you like, take it home if you must, but do not just leave it. It's unhealthy. You must bring yourself to move on, to find happiness. It is my dearest wish that you do. And if you ever find yourself wondering, "What would Ziva do?", as you have often found yourself doing with others, remember that, when in doubt, it nearly always involves a paperclip and firearms, and that I will be watching over you, laughing my head off.

I believe that it was you who once told me you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. I have never been a hero, but perhaps, in my death, I had the opportunity to become one. Maybe I brought down four men in a firefight. Perhaps I tackled a suicide bomber to save the lives of those around me. Or, maybe, I died the greatest death of all – maybe I took three rounds for the man I love more than life itself. Life will go on without Ziva David, but, without you, my world would come crumbling down.

From the moment we met, my heart has belonged to you. Please, take good care of it for me.

All my love, Ziva.

link

Kudos to this fanfic. It's one of those occasional angsty stuff that would really make you tear up.
crying
^ That made me cry so much.
crying
Wow.
over a year ago NCIS_Addict_87 said…
crying
Tbat is... I'm sitting her crying like a baby, thankfully everyone else is asleep or they'd think I'd just found out someone died. That is amazing & now I have to go read the actual fan fic.
over a year ago Ms_Montana said…
heart
This is from 7x16 "Mother's Day"

Ziva: I'm going in.

Tony: No. We're going in.

I love that quote. He cares about her.
heart
*squee* ♥