As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob—knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?
Yes, yes, here it is…the long awaited third book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. It’s been a few weeks since I read this book and I’m very forgetful, so I’m gonna have to go with the good ol’ faithful ‘what I liked and what I didn’t like review’. Here goes:
What I liked:
1. There was much to like in Eclipse. First, they ask the questions ALL fans of the series have been wondering about since book one, Will Bella and Edward have sex? Oh shut up, you know you all wanna know! Can they even have sex together? Can vampires do it with humans, and if so how? Do vampire boys have regular penis’s or are they like superpowered penis’s that grow to the size of baseball bats. Well, Bella wants to know! She wants it and she wants it bad! and who could blame her, Edward is HAWT! But, he’s also old fashioned and won’t do the deed until they agree to trot down the isle and face the preacher, which apparently will be happening in the next book. Drats! That means we will all have to wait another year to find out what happens when vampires and humans do the naughty. bummer.
2. I liked that this book was filled with romantic Edward and Bella scenes, unlike New Moon in which Edward was largly MIA.
3. I like that the vampires and werewolves teamed up to fight the big meanie vampires. Kewl.
4. I probably liked more stuff but like I said, I’m forgetful. Probly all that pot I smoked in college. Knew it would catch up with me sooner or later. Let that be a lesson to all you kids.
What I didn’t like:
1. I am getting REALLY bored with the way the Cullens treat Bella like some fucking oversized pet. Good lord, you like her, we get it, enough already! Paragraphs and paragraphs of “we must protect Bella” blah blah blah. SNOOZE FEST!
2. I still don’t like Jacob very much, although I do like him better than I did in New Moon. I think the thing thats bothering me the most is that I can’t get a good picture of Jacob in my mind. He just looks kind of blurry to me. The fact that he’s running around barefoot in cut-off jean shorts with no shirt on DOES NOT help the situation. ewe. Also, I wish he would leave Bella alone. She’s got a boyfriend who she loves, so buzz off. I did like the the little love triangle scene in the tent though- that was fun.
3. I don’t like that Bella is so blah about marrying Edward. GET OVER IT!!!! He’s awesome even though he is a bloodsucking vampire he treats her like a Goddess. She needs to just marry him and stop whining about it.
Should I read it? Hella yeah! I love the Twilight series, and I thought Eclipse was much better than New Moon! Go get it peeps!