Twilight Series Opinion Article

Team Edward vs. Team Jacob Debate!

Opinion by twilighter-duh posted over a year ago
Hello ladies lets have a debate!! Team Edward or Team Jacob?!?! Why do you like that character better than the other? What is you favorite quote from Edward or Jacob(doesn't have to be your favorite characters quote!)Are you in love with that character? Do you like there actor that plays him(i know i do!!) Voice your choice!!

P.S These are my answers: I like Edward better because he is sensitive and protective. My favorite quote is "Do i dazzle you?" i am in love with Edward!! Duh, i like Robert Pattinson!!

i'm 100% team edward. after eclipse, i completely hated jacob, but i can tolerate him now after breaking dawn. i figure this is because i like jake as bella's friend and nothing more than that. he was so annoying when he was pursuing bella. i could not stand him one bit.
i love edward because he's so in love with bella, that he would do anything for her. he's sweet and adorable. there are so many great lines from, not only edward, but all the characters in the book. i think one of my top favorites is in new moon, where edward is trying to convince bella that he loves her. it's that huge paragraph where he talks about her being a meteor that shoots across his sky and changes everything for him, and that when he told her that he didn't want her, it was "the blackest kind of blasphemy." that was one of my favorites. i think that's definitely one of my absolute favorite chapters in the entire series. i was just so relieved that edward was back :)

Thanks you guys!!

i am completely and 100% team edward. he stoll my heart from the beginning of the book and midnight sun only made me luv him more. i cry every time i read the chapter called angel in twilight. the movie was amazing. rob pattinson was exelllent as edward. i don't know if i will ever love human boys again. i love so many of the things he says in the series. i love bella's lullaby. edwards sense of romance is so strong, stable, and persistence. it makes him reveal himself in ways he never thought he would and show his soft side. he would do anything for the person he loves. i like "do i dazzle you?" and "what if im not the hero, what if im the bad guy?" i think my fave respose to some thing that bella says is at the end of twilight after she says "i love u more than everything esle in the world combined. Isn't that enough?" and he says "yes it is enough. enough for forever."

I LOVE THEM BOTH !! but if i HAD to choose i would take Jacob ! .. lol .. but il take either of them over any other guy ..!!

I am totaly for Edward! I love the way he has to struggle, to keep himself under control, when he is with Bella. I just wanted to find a way to help him out!! My favorite quote from Edward is....EVERYTHING HE SAID!!
I thought they could have done better for the actor that played as Edward. They picked a hottie don't get me wrong but I had him picture differently.

Thank u soo much!!!!!!!!

Omg!! My all time FAVORITE quote is from Edward!! It appears a lot in the series. It's when Edward is talking to Bella and he goes, "Bella, love..."!!!!!!! <3 I absolutely <3 when he says that! It just melts my heart!! I do like Jacob but I think Edward belongs with Bella. Jacob is right with Renesmee.

mwalsh said:
TEAM SWITZERLAND.....i love them both so much....
i think i would like jacob just a little bit more
but i love edward soooooo much to......my fav quote
from edward is(DO I DAZZEL YOU) duckin love it and yes he does dazzel me and jacobs is(I DONT HAVE ANY LEECHES ON MY SPEED DIAL)
and i love robert and taylor

thanks SOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no! TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jacob is so so so so so so so so so MEAN! especially in eclipse! ugh. so here.
Jacob:
-MADE bella kiss him
-trashes her wedding (for her)
-and is just plain MEAN!!!

Edward:
-loves her to the ends of the earth
-will do anything to make her happy
-married her
-doesn't force bella to do stuff that she doesn't wanna do
-and is just plain gorgeous!

Soph0796 said:
I cant decide between them. Im totally for Edward. Because in the first twilight, i think pretty much everyone went for him. Just by his charm etc. But in new moon Jacob is there for Bella when Edward completely shatters her. They become really close, and you get to know Jacob much better, and he has such a likeable personality. And he knows hes better for Bella. But Edward and Bella theres just something about them two together that works, and makes it intresting. But i hate the way he has his rules, the way he wont let Bella see Jacob, it may be dangerous, but its just the same for her around the Cullens. And in new moon, Jacob didnt want Bella to go to help Edward, but he could see she needed to so he let her. Where as Edward just wont, which is annoying, but also sweet that he cares so much. But sometimes he can be abit over protective. Also another thing that bothered me in eclipse when they were in the tent and it was just Edward and Bella, he like coaxed it out of her, that they were getting married, just because he knew that Jacobb would be listening. And he just landed Bella in it. Edward keeps to much from Bella that she needs to know, like when Victorias back, its her life and shes in danger, and Jacob is the only one who will tell her. But then again Edward still appeals to everyone, theres still something about them that works. So they both have there jelousy faults, and stupid arguments. But i would love to of had another book with a different ending between Jake and Bella to see which was best, Edward and Bella or Jake and her. Would be intresting. (:

ccssgurl said:
i am totally team edward because he is bella's real soulmate. i mean i am usually team edward and sometimes team switzerland but when i'm really looking at the big picture i really love edward. it is soooo hard to pick because they are 2 totally different guys and are totally love worthy in 2 totally different ways. i mean jacob is the lovable bff/hubby while edward is the intense kind of more emo, romantic type. so it all really depnds on your taste i believe. and on the actor side of everything i would totally pick taylor because i have loved him ever since he was in cheaper buy the dozen and shark boy and lava girl and kristen and rob are kind of bummers in real life, well i guess they're kind of bummers in the movie in the movie 2 but they're always complaining about being famous. i mean if kristen doesn't want 2 kiss two of the most hot things on this planet i will gladly take her place and pucker up to that cutie patootie taylor lautner.

ccssgurl said:
oh btw my fav quote was when edward says "do i dazzle you?" it just makes my heart melt and makes me want to say "yes, of course you dazzle me!!"

hhyyy543 said:
i love the quote "sorry i can't be the right monster for you bella" cuz jacob black is the bom

hhyyy543 said:
also i am team jacob all the way beacuse edward left her too many times i'v never read the books though but no girl should hear that plus i do think bella is a winey do nothing jake never left her eiher he loves her to much i love him to much so so so so so so so so so SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH MORE THAN I JUST TYPED TOO HOTNESS

Ok, I am so Team Jacob. He isn't he MOST romantic, that's for Edward. But Jake is care free and loves to laugh just like me! And he's hot, literally. Edward doesn't give room to BREATHE! He comes up with good come backs and he's annoying, like me! I'm extra glad that Bella chose Edward because what would I do if that whiney Bella got my Jacob? My favorite quote...hmm...I basically love anything Jacob says so. "I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm honestly curious." That's a fav or maybe... "Cool! I'm middle aged!" Or..."Next time you want to hurt me,use a crowbar or baseball bat." GO JACOB, GO WOLF PACK! <3 (Nothing against the Cullens though, I love Alice :D)

** Here's another thing why I'm sure I'm team Jacob: One night I had this really good dream where I was Bella and me and Jake were in LO♥E so he kissed me and we kissed alot...LOL and when I woke up the next morning, I HAD A HICKEY ON MY ARM!!! LOL So because of this WONDERFUL dream, I had a hickey on my arm for the next 3 weeks!

Edward is romantic, talented, handsome, hot, has a nice family, and Jacob is reliable, loyal, cute, and strong, but Edward is much more boyfriendish while Jacob is much more brotherish and best friendish.

Fav Edward comment is... well, all his comebacks and everything!

JACOB!!!!!! JACOB!!!!

The first time I read the series, it was all 100% Edward. I didn't like New Moon AT ALL until the end. I thought Jacob was way too annoying and pressuring, but the second time I read them, I realized that I totally think Jacob is better for her. I love wolves, love the pack, and just love him. And Edward can be a little creep sometimes, while Jacob makes her laugh and be a normal human being. I totally hate how Bella wants to destroy their friendship and destroy her family all for Edward, who is just a little too pale...

Team edward duh beccause edward is sensitive and loving jacob is mean

Team Jacob all the way 4 ever and ever till the day I die and I will never change my mind no matter what! Jacob is nice, clean and HOT! He always looks nice instead over Robert Pattinson and his greasey hair all the time in pictures, and I have read reviews of people who worked with him and they said they didn't like itcasue he smelled and didn't have any hygene. And he looks a lot like that in the movies, and even if its not on the movie, I don't like his british accent. It makes him sound likes a pampered baby snob. Jacob is simple and awesome, people that don't like him r crazt!!!!!

Lili3498 said:
I'm totally a Jacob fan! Belle can have old,boring,cold and overprotective Edward anyday, as long as she leaves me Jacob.
Jacob is so warm, cute,hot,funny...Anyway, Edward is nice,and I think he IS meant for Bella, but I just like Jacob and his cool,generous and warm personality a whole lot more.
Plus, I've always pefered werwolves.