Twilight Series Cover meanings!

shortynme posted on Apr 16, 2008 at 03:49PM
I'm sure everyone knows what Twilight's meaning is (forbidden fruit). But what about New Moon's? And Eclipse's? What do the covers represent, to you?
save

Twilight Series 47 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-25 of 47

over a year ago shortynme said…
Fine then! Since no one will post on my forum I'll do it! lol
I really have no clue what New Moon's cover means, so I won't even try lol.
To me Eclipse is like Bella ripping away from Jacob. There are little strings still attached and wisps of them floating away, but she has to break away from him, in order for either of them to be happy. So sad :(!
over a year ago edwardsgrl said…
new mooo doesnt really have a meaning hee this s what stehanie meyer said:
A. That is a ruffled tulip. As for the meaning... If you've read the Twilight FAQ, you know that the apple cover had a lot of meaning for me, and I was an active part of the covering process. However, that experience is more the exception than the rule in the publishing world. Something to keep in mind if you intend to embark on a career as a writer: lots of things you might expect to be under your control are not. Covers, for example. Those are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So I don't know what the tulip means—I didn't have anything to do with this one.

Boo! Poor Stephenie. lol Thanks for the info edwardsgrl!
over a year ago omfgXD said…
Eclipse was the ribbon. I remember reading somewhere that the ribbon represented Bella breaking away from herself. But I think it's more about Bella making a choice between Jacob & Edward.
over a year ago Gabitha said…
im just going to say that this is SUCH a repeat that has been asked in the fourms and in picks so many times that is not just funny anymore!! Ok look around before you post fourms such as this or even just go onto SM website to find it.

my response to another one of these questions:

Th is has been asked so many times and answered so many times!!

You can get it all from stephenie meyers website!

Twilight: "The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice." source: stephenie meyer

New Moon: That is a ruffled tulip. Covers, for are mostly up to the publisher and the marketing and sales departments. So stephenie meyer does not know what the tulip means— she didn't have anything to do with this one.

Eclipse: The ribbin means breaking ties, Bella and Jake.

[Edit]You can get all of this from stephenie meyers website which is where i got this!!! http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilightsser­ies­.ht­ml

Why thank you Gabitha, but I did ask what the covers meant to YOU. If the questions are so annoying, don't bother answering them :)
over a year ago Lulu152 said…
well then dont ask them and we will all be happy!!! yayayayay happy
Wow Lulu152, do you really have no life?
over a year ago willalameda917 said…
To me the meaning of new moon is that it represents Bella's state of being while Edward is gone. Before he left, she was alive and prospering as well as growing in love. But as he left she soon began to die in a sense. So when a flower dies it starts to wilt. Therefore that is the significant meaning I get from the ruffled tulip on the cover. It just simply symbolizes the state Bella was in throughout New Moon.
Thanks willalameda917. I never thought of it that way. That's cool.
over a year ago Gabitha said…
Im just going to say that something only has one meaning. While you can look at it in different ways and have it represent different things for you it still only has one meaning and thats the meaning of the person who created it, in this case stephenie meyer.
over a year ago CagedBird said…
I agree with Gabitha this is a repeat!! Dont you understand what a repeat is then? Its really stupid to post the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over WHY DO YOU??
over a year ago willalameda917 said…
If im correct, then I heard Stephenie say in one of the interviews that she had no idea what the flower trully stood for. Nevertheless, not to be rude to anyone but if you honestly can't stand other people's bullitens whether they are repeating an already stated question or not, then do not bother dealing with them. Simply stay away from those that aggravate or provoke you.
If you cant come up with a good comeback dont say one! (thought of the day via Lulu152 directed at no one in particular) * see above
Thank you Willalameda917. Sorry to say but some people haven't been members of the sites for a long time, so if you haven't noticed, a lot of questions/picks/pictures/posts/forums etc. get repeated. So if you don't like them, don't read them and don't reply.
Are you that dim? I have not been a fan of this spot that long yet I AM SICK OF YOU! and REPEATS! LOOK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!!!
and HOW has lulu152 got no life or was it just a really bad comeback?
Wow, you're having some PMS huh cagedbird. I did look before I posted. If you didn't bothing reading my question which clearly says: ". . . What do the covers represent, to you?" then why the hell are you replying? And frankly, if all you want to do is post a reply, to a question you clearly didn't read, to defend someone then maybe you should find something more productive to do with your life. :)
You don't even know the meaning of PMS girl! ne na ne en enrt tnserklfjsdkln cfsdklf kghjfghd jg tdf jhjhf jh uktg rf khkguyrf khkjgyjruyi hjvhgdrtih kjgikt7iot oiljkm huky thats what you sound like! JUNK! there is only ONE meaning to something and if you are so dim and can not get that meaning then you should not be reading the books! i DID read the question and i will 'defend' anyone who has the same opinion as me when we are RIGHT and you are wrong and DIM! And are you so silly that you can not even answer a question! HOW has lulu152 got no life or was it just a really bad comeback? becasue im starting to think that it just WAS A REALLY REALLY BAD COMEBACK! HA ha ah ah have you got nothing better to do with your life then to look up if a question has been asked then post it agian? Now THATS what i call having no life!
Oh my gosh CagedBird you are so right! I plot my whole life around annoying you! Wow. . . I feel so complete now. Maybe I didn't answer your question because I don't care to explain to you. So defend away, I really don't care. Excuse me while I dream about how to piss you off more. Hmmm what's a question that is always posted? Oh I got it: "Who do you like more Edward or Jacob, and why?" That's a good one! . . . you can stop posting now because no one wants to hear you speak CagedBird.
over a year ago ShanieK said…
Good hell people... calm down.
lol hehe, CagedBird got baned! Yay! Thanks Papa! You saved us all lot of annoyance and grief!
over a year ago helloworlditsme said…
Thats not something to laugh at shortynme CagedBird had their opinion - a little rude but she was allowed that. So was everyone in this fourm adn thats what this is for sharing opinions. :D btw i think Gabitha is right no more repeats please?

[edit]i agree with ShanieK someone needs to open a door or something here as its getting a bit hot and btw CagedBird is only causing you annoyance and grief so....
last edited over a year ago
Sorry, I didn't want to be rude about CagedBird, but this wasn't the only place she was being rude to me. So I'm glad to see her go. :)
But you were being rude to me, remember acording to you i have no life, so if all those who are being rude to people should be banned then shouldnt you aswell? sorry if thats a repeated question... but come on people i think we should all move on as it is forum and that is a place where people express their opinions but hows about we keep it friendly and accept peoples opinions even if they are different to yours.