Twilight Series SM says that if there was a battle in the end of BD, 90% of both sides would have died!

movygirl posted on Oct 18, 2008 at 07:39PM
Do u agree or disagree?
Until i read this, i was certain that if the battle had occured, there would be no casualties on "our" side. But this quote got me thinking:

Scenario: Aro gives the command to his "dear ones" to fight.
Move 1: Zafrina goes as close to the opposite party as possible and blinds them all. Of course, Bella extends her shield to protect Zafrina from Alec and Jane.
Move 2: The werewolves, except for Sam and Jacob, leave the boundaries of Bella's shield (but their minds are connected to their leaders so they're still protected) and take out Jane and Alec.
Move 3: Now that there is no need for Bella's shield and every baddie is under Zafrina's illusions, some from our side attack the Volturi leaders and Demetri and take them out.
Move 4: Is it necessary? The Volturi are dead, so will the Volturi guard complete their masters wishes? If so, Zafrina has them still under her hold, so dealing with the remaining soldiers would be piece of cake. ;)

This is one scenario. And i'm counting here on the assumption that Zafrina's power can disable all of them. Still, if that wasn't the case, i'm sure that she could disable a great party of them and then we would have other strategies, quite as efficient and safe as the above one.

What do you think?
last edited on Oct 19, 2008 at 09:13AM

Twilight Series 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Edward901 said…
movygirl, ur right... our side could've won the battle and left the voultry dead, but i think that steph would want to make the fight somewhat fair... but the voultry would've still had their hearing and smell if nothing else, so they would've had somewhat of a fighting chance, but they still would've died
over a year ago Bella_090 said…
yes, i think you`re right. but bella said, that it would be hard to keep the shield around everyone when the fight starts. So maybe some of "our" side would have been hurt too. or maybe some of the guards would have been able to get into the shield when bella hasn`t noticed! i don`t think that it would have been so easy for her to shield the right persons when the fieght had started but the cullen etc. would have won! ;)
over a year ago movygirl said…
i agree with u bella_90! Protecting the right people would be difficult, if not impossible, for Bella. But, even with that in mind, the cullens would have won, as u said. So, i'm still trying to see why SM said 90% and not 60%. :S
over a year ago Dazzeled said…
I think the fight should have taken place! I was pretty disappointed when Aro conceded; it would have made an amazing end to a wonderful book.
over a year ago movygirl said…
yeah, it would have made definitely an amazing ending, but i prefer "the-backing-away-like-cowards" one ;)
over a year ago Alice1901 said…
Bella_090 is right. it would have been so hard to protect the right people. and at least one of the cullens would have died... i guess. that would have been horrible.
over a year ago SimplyLaurel said…
You guys are neglecting the fact that we don't know what powers the opposing side had. They had the entire guard as well as all of the other nomads. Who knows, one of them could have special immunity to other powers like Bella and could get through her shield too. One may be able to foresee other people's moves and could have done something to Zafrina before she could stop them.