Upcoming Movies Holiday Movie Picks?

papa posted on Dec 21, 2006 at 12:30AM
Ok, I don't get to see movies very often, but I think in the next week I will get the babysitting to be able to see something.

So here's my question, what should I see?

Here's what I know is out there:
- Pursuit of Happyness
- Rocky Balboa (not sure I can stomach this)
- Letters from Iwo Jima
- Dreamgirls (opening soon)
- Children of Men

I like all kinds of films, but since I don't see movies often, I need to see something _good_

What do you recommend?

Upcoming Movies 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago samantha said…
papa - go see pursuit of happyness, it's very uplifting and will smith is amazing
over a year ago jasonvs said…
"At the start of the year, I said to my coach, 'I know I can win, there's no doubt in my mind. It's just a link matter of finding a way to win,"' Allenby said. "To win twice ... that's just awesome. It's just great."

Allenby and Price finished regulation at 14-under and went back to the par-4 18th to begin the playoff. Price made things tough on himself right away, putting his tee shot into a bunker on the right side of the fairway.

With a cluster of trees blocking his way link to the hole, he played it safe and punched out to the fairway. But with Allenby on the green in two, Price needed to put his next shot close to the pin. Instead, it hit the green and rolled off, finally stopping in the rough about 18 feet from the hole.

Allenby missed an 18-foot birdie putt but tapped in for par, forcing Price to hole his chip shot to advance to a second playoff hole. The two-time Advil Western Open winner link
came within a few inches, but his ball rolled right on by to make Allenby the champion. "To beat Nick Price in a playoff is awesome," said Allenby, who won $540,000. "I was very fortunate, very lucky."

After seven birdies in 10 holes, Allenby appeared to have the title wrapped up with a birdie on the par-5 15th that moved him to 16 under and two strokes ahead of Price. But link the Australian duffed a chip shot just off the green on 16, hitting the lip of a bunker. The ball dropped into the bunker, and Allenby settled for bogey. All at link 20110411