Van Morrison How Gay is Van Morrison?

Mitch_Healy posted on Jan 02, 2009 at 12:39AM
Is Van Morrison gay? You would almost immediately say 'no'. Looking at his clothes and hair you'd just say 'no'. But let's dig deeper. Do you know any women he's linked to? Who does he live with? Do his lyrics speak to us? What does the world think?
save

Van Morrison 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-25 of 39

over a year ago della401 said…
No, he's not gay. He's in the 97% of normal people. The 3% who are gay have suffered some difficulty in their sexual identity years.
over a year ago will-i-am74 said…
Does he have a thin top lip? It's a sure sign of 'gayness'. Trust my instincts!
over a year ago Van-tastic said…
Well, I have wondered myself...I mean, 'who drove the red sportstcar'?.. James Dean?
But then there was that episode with Linda Gail Lewis... having said that, people are nasty and I have been accused of racism & being gay myself...but i am happily married to an African girl..
But then again I do have a thin top lip.. *?^@!? how does that work out with black people then?
They have thick lips but some are still gay.
over a year ago cherry_blue said…
The thin top lip thing was proven in a peer-reviewed study conducted by the Los Angeles Neurological Institute. Now gay guys use it instead of their "gaydar" to avoid entrapment by cops. It must really suck to be gay. Notice that's a sympathetic statement, lacking in condemnation. (I don't want to be charged with something)
over a year ago ausable said…
Apparently it doesn't suck to be gay--but who knows? Is Van Morrison gay? That's a difficult answer.
The picture of the very young Van on Wikipedia make me wonder since that's a very Irish picture and I knew intimately a young Irish guy who looked just like that and at that time he did gay things. So maybe in the beginning he was but he has a daughter and did straight things. Who knows these things.
We are what we do. That's just who we are--no labels--just us in this strange world. Stew has it right in "Passing Strange"--Adulthhood is the consequence of decisions and choices made by a
teenager.
From the northern US and from someone who is very Irish with all the Irish problems and joys
over a year ago Brodie_Thomas said…
Ausable, did this young Irish man do gay things to you? I suspect you want us to know. Did you grow out of it?
over a year ago Jerang_Nieblitz said…
I'd like to support ausable in his current difficulties. Nothing is as coherent as repressed memories.
over a year ago Jerang_Nieblitz said…
It's weird that this forum is the most popular. Shows how horrible we Van fans are. What about his music?
over a year ago Wren_Kybosh81 said…
I don't think Van's music is very "Gay Friendly". Except for "Madam George". Is he talking about his own cross dressing in that song?
over a year ago Knight_Table said…
Not very. His taste in clothes is enough. And he has bad hair.
over a year ago Ms_Ginger_Vitas said…
Van is not gay. His type never are. Why would you expect him to be gay? Less than 3% are gay.
over a year ago Junior_Gynther said…
What about the song "Madame George"? It seems to be about a transsexual. It was ripped off by Rod Stewart in his "Killing of Georgie" about the murder of a transsexual. Anyway, Van Morrison's first name is George. Is he saying he's a transsexual? A cross dresser? I guess a blonde wig would hide his bald head.
over a year ago Lazy_Slob said…
Van is not gay. He's always been attracted by women.
over a year ago jezreal said…
I didn't really want to write anything. I just clicked on because there were 666 visits. I didn't want the devil's number linked to Van.
over a year ago minivan said…
Thanks Jez. Someone had to do it. Anyway, Van isn't gay. I hit on him in a club and there was no response. And I'm a gorgeous guy. Great abs, tall, great dancer, smart, funny - a great date for any man. So Van showed he was heterosexual. Proved it to me.
over a year ago missyox said…
He's not gay. Hey is Cliff Richard gay? Paul Schaeffer is. And Paul Lind was.
over a year ago bubblesIV said…
Van Morrison is not gay. He's got terrible curtains.
over a year ago gluestick said…
Van is married to Michelle Rocca, former Miss Ireland. Why would any man choose to be gay when women are so great? Something has to happen to people in his or her childhood or early adolescence to cause the 'gayness'. All may gay friends have been abused when they were young.
over a year ago Jay_Jay_Disco said…
Many gays have been abused when they were young. They then abuse by paying for rent boys. Disgusting. Van isn't like that.
over a year ago Reebus89 said…
Van doesn't have a homosexual boner in his body.
over a year ago frog_features said…
Van isn't gay because he was never molested in a public toilet when he was young or by a family 'friend'. Simple as that.
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
Van is unlikely to be homosexual because relatively few people are. It is somewhere between 3 and 5%. Lefthandedness is much more common. So much is made of the gay issue because it just seems so bizarre to heterosexuals. It is also a total rejection of the other gender. Lesbian have no need for men and male homosexuals have no need for women.
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
What gays do is disgusting. No homosexual ever bought a Van album. He wouldn't let them! It ain't natural.
over a year ago Gigi_Lee said…
I'll just quietly laugh at this forum topic. Hilarious.
over a year ago Roosevelt said…
That can't be the real Gigi Lee? Surely? This is weird.