Van Morrison Hates His Fans

della401 posted on Apr 09, 2009 at 04:24AM
Why does the cranky great man hate his fans? We love him. We've made him rich. We've made it possible for him the travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels.

We are the obsessed fans. We can't understand why others don't love him, too. We make mix CDs and give these "samplers" to our friends.

We want to read about Van, talk about Van and most of all, listen to his music.

What's a Veedon Fleece? Who is Justin? Where can you climb the Vanlose Stairway? Did Van get healed? etc.

Van Morrison 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago della401 said…
I'm shocked no one has responded to this!
over a year ago spittinglama said…
sad
I'll reply. Saw him in Chicago last night w/ my wife and best friends. Our son's name is Van so you can understand our devotion. We wanted hard core Celtic Soul. I'm talkin' "Summertime In England", When The Healing Has Begun, Vanlose Stairway, all the best from Wavelenghth-Enlightenment, we got Foreign Window. We got Brown-Eyed Girl, Gloria, and Have I told You Lately. This is Chicago. Sold Out. He didn't even introduce his bandmates. Spent half the time with his back to us. Without "Astral Weeks" the whole thing would have been a disaster. And "In the Garden". No encore. Not thanks. No ackknowledgement of his fans. What a prick. That was our third and last VM concert. I'll just try to let it pass and remember all the reasons that I love the music that only Van can make. Shanti Cubed, Lama
over a year ago Jerang_Nieblitz said…
You have no right to dis the master. Van is great. Who says he has to conform to your expectations? Why don't you go on Second Life and create your own rock star so you could control them? Make them do whatever you wanted.

I'd listen to Van's worse songs in concert any day of the week. The man is a genius. Perhaps next time he's in Chicago he could run his set list by you and get your approval. Do you get what a jerk you are? No, you really get it? Ask your wife. She'll let you know.
over a year ago Frida79 said…
I agree with Jerang. I love Van because he's unpredictable. You don't push Van around Mr Lama. He does what he wants. Not what you want. I'd go to hear Van play Lady Gaga songs.
over a year ago Curl_Maxx said…
This can't be true!
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
Van is amazing. He probably has Asperger's Syndrome so we should take that into consideration. Now he's older and overweight. He probably has health issues brought on by his poor diet and years of drinking. He probably is in a lot of pain. Don't blame him for not smiling.
over a year ago Dave_Howard1961 said…
Thanks Dr Jon Jon! I love this site. So many weirdos. Van loves his fans. Why else would he continue to make great music? You love us doncha Van?
over a year ago Mr_Piddle said…
I guess Van's relationship to his fans is complicated. He likes their spending on him beause he gets profit. But he wouldn't like their wanting autographs and stuff. Love it.
over a year ago Lipstick44 said…
Van is still the same working class guy. He's scared he'll be found out for his lack of refinement and education.
over a year ago Jon_Jon_2000 said…
What about Van remembering Mary Brooks at a recent concert She was just a fan from the US. Shows his heart, not that it matters in this world.
over a year ago Parsnipbuddies said…
How can he hate us We're just doing things like buying CDs, paying for downloads and buying concert tickets. He'd have to be crazy to hate us because we love him and all the force of all our love globally would push back that negative juju back to where it belongs.
over a year ago Gene_McNeally said…
Van loves us. I got lots of CDs. He owe me.
over a year ago Nosey45 said…
Stop all the arguement and just enjoy The Man for all he offers fans and everybody else with his amazing array of finery and great songs from a stunningly sensational back catalog that is the envy of every boy band out there.
over a year ago Tab_Hunter said…
Van is great. I'd like to hear a Jamaican say "Van is da mon". That's on my bucket list. BTW, why is it called a 'bucket list? I keep mine on my computer so no bucket there. Is that a computer list then and how do I differentiate it from other lists I make? Confusing old world isn't it.
over a year ago myhairlife2017 said…
This is stupid. He just wants some privacy.
over a year ago French_Rat said…
Yes. It's not true.
over a year ago Gassy_Gary said…
Heknwshe hasn't got long to live so he's trying to be nice. Cut him some slack. He didn't mean to get old.
over a year ago VanFreak49 said…
He has established boundaries in the star/fan relationship mode that are actually quite healthy. More power to him as he navigates the troubled waters of the post Harvey Weinstein world. I apologise for every time I have baby or dame or even bitch and to everyone I've slapped yeah I'm sorry about that to. It is what it is. .
over a year ago Gassy_Gary said…
He has mellowed, no doubt about that.
over a year ago Ryuabe7869 said…
Hate's a strong word.
over a year ago JasperOlive49 said…
Van don't hate us.
over a year ago MusicWins said…
Yeah, Van. Don't hate us.
over a year ago shockjock88 said…
this is the crappiest of the crap.
11 months ago Pantsonfire909 said…
I don't think this is true. He doesn't have long to live. We all die don't we. When do you think you'll die?
2 months ago Dorat78 said…
We need to buy more of his records. Build your collection. And make it sing.