Whoopi Goldberg "Whoopi Goldberg's views on Abortion"

princessfelicia posted on Aug 03, 2008 at 07:15PM
Whoopi says everyone has a choice and it depends on the position they are in when they make that decision that explains why people do it afterall.

Whoopi Goldberg 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago princessfelicia said…
Well if it wasnt for the debate between Whoopi and Elisabeth on The View, I wouldhave seen the topic go untouched for a while. But when Elisabeth said seemed to go against abortion, Whoopi stood up and asked her if she was ever in a position to make a decision like that. U see, it matters yes, but in the first place, why go and have a wild time when u know the end result might be a baby? I believe it is an act of carelessness, not considering the fact of rape.
Rape is such a different story. I mean, u can be a teen like me and be involved in that situation and ur parents are so strict, u cant keep the baby. But think of it this way. What about u knowing that it is wrong to go out and have sex, when ur not married as yet and u do. Isnt the responsibility of getting pregnant on ur side and the father's? Yes it is and I basically think what whoopi was trying to tell us is that it depends for everyone who has an abortion. Its ur choice and u have to think that when u get an abortion u are giving up a life, a worthy life.
Then comes the fact that Whoopi always openly states that she has had at least six abortions. Is this thing getting so damn good that someone can boast about it now? I believe she just wants to show people how she did the abortions herself so that she may appear strong. THe media wont buyt it for long, ull see, and she will see that not because she was on drugs when she had those abortions, that will be an excuse of her for getting them. I believe if u give support to single mothers, it is acting like an encouragement to say, well, hey, go along and have more babies. Giving mothers who had abortions support, will help for those who were raped but not for mature responsible adults who think that they can just give up a life and not expect anyone to care.
I dont know whose side I was on in that debate, truly, Elisabeth had some good views and so did whoopi if u looked at it from a different perspective. Iv never been in a position to have an abortion, so Im like Elisabeth, what would whoopi say about that if I said that I go against some women having them?