Wolverine Be honest!

rine_wolve posted on Apr 16, 2008 at 05:39PM
I can't believe it! No topics for discussion!
Let's try this: you say you're fans of him, so what do you like about Wolvie? I'll go first, since I've started it.
To be honest I'm more into his "humane" side, if I may call it that. As in: the understanding, kid-loving, laughing, meditating Wolvie... well, Logan. But without the berserk part, this side of his probably wouldn't have any value. Its the great discrepancy that makes it all seem so interesting.
I also like it that he is an anti-hero. Most of us are sick 'n tired of Super-men, Goodies Two Shoes. Having a dark side, makes the character more credible. I think that's why he is so popular in the first place. Life is made of ups and downs that affect you to some point. It's good to see that in a character.
Well, this is one point of view. Am curious to read yours!

Wolverine 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago fanfly said…
I agree, his appeal definitely lies in his multi faceted character. He's not one dimensional; he has flaws and that just makes him more interesting. Anti-heroes inevitably appeal because they seem more real than goodie two shoe type characters. And I do like that he has a nurturing side to him, a humane side as you put it. I think he constantly strives against his own nature and any character who is in conflict with himself is more believable than someone who knows all the time what he's doing and what he's about. . . Um and of course there's the fact that he totally kicks ass. You gotta love that. ;D
over a year ago axemnas said…
I agree i like everything about logan though but that was the thing that attracted me to him the first time i saw him.he is my favorite marvel hero ever created from the first time i saw him and i've read alot of marvel comics and Wolverine was then is now and will always be my favorite.the very first time i saw him i new he was my guy i said he is my favorite.i'm a lot like him in many ways every superhero personality quiz i've ever taken where Wolverine was a posibility i got him.i love him for his personality his humane side mainly.the claws are cool and good to add on to the awesome things about him also he kicks butt big time. he is INSAINLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i can't wait to see the Wolverine origins movie
WOLVERINE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago ChinaMarie said…
Personally I would have to agree with what has been said already. I love the duel personality he has. It makes him seem real. Besides I've always been a sucker for the "bad boy" types with a heart. He is by far my favorite character. In a lot of the fan fictions I write I play up his two sides a lot. In one of my favorite stories he quite literally has a split personality.

link
link
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Gravagirl said…
heart
remember that goody goody superman is from DC comics. not marvel. that's why marvel rocks!!!! I love everything about wolvie. he's just awesome!
over a year ago sgoodlin82 said…
I think one of the major factors that makes Wolverine/Logan/ James Howlett such a popular character is the fact that even with those superhuman abilities, abilities that are supposed to make him tougher, stronger, and nearly immortal, are the vey things that end up shackling him down. he never scars on the outside, only on the inside, and even so, his healing factor discards of any psychological or emotional trauma that he suffers. Also, could you imagine him being very old and tired and slowly breaking down? This is brought up in WOlverine:The end, where he has to think "What if i live for another century, and i suffer? What if this pain and arhtritis gets worse?!" it can't kil lhim, but that doesn't mean it wont' hurt. Immortality, his, is a curse in itself.
over a year ago seolondon24 said…
I like his human character when he is Logan. He may look strict in the outside but deep inside he have soft spot when it comes to kids.