Writing Fan fiction Article

My Best Friend (short story)

Fan fiction by Rozaliciousness posted over a year ago
My name is Sapphire, and my best friend is an anorexic. Just thought I’d clear that up.
At first I was jealous. Ruby was just so skinny. She started drinking water like it was the only drink in the world, and it gave her spotless skin. I admired her. She had the self control to choose what she wanted to eat. Whereas I couldn’t seem to stop myself if someone offered me something yummy.
But slowly admiration for her slim figure turned into me being freaked out and a little bit disgusted. All her clothes started to hang off her body and her stomach started to curve inwards. Her face lost most of its flesh and made her eyes look sunken and too big. She couldn’t talk about anything except food and dieting, and she started fainting all the time.
Me and her other friends tried to get her to eat. She didn’t even like chocolate any more. And when we told her she could end up in hospital she just told us to stop being so melodramatic. If only she knew.
Two years after Ruby stopped eating she was admitted to hospital weighing the amount of a four year old even though she was 15. She was fed by tubes into her stomach for two months, in which time she gained a healthy weight. But as soon as she was sent home she refused to eat. She locked herself in her room and nobody could visit her; especially not the friends who cared about her.
She began to self harm. She would faint daily. She would scream to be fed but when her mum asked what she wanted she told her nothing. All of her friends and family would phone the house or visited every day to see how she was doing. Every day the news was the same.
July 2nd 2012 was the day Ruby died. Nearly everyone cried, asking nobody in particular how she could do that to herself. Nearly everyone ... except me. I don’t know why I didn’t cry. I just couldn’t.
My name is Sapphire, and I am at my best friend’s funeral.

TOTALFan said:
umm wow u look so much like my sister Andrea!
gosh!

June4 said:
I like it but what i don't get it that Ruby died in the year 2012. Anyway again, i like it.

she died in 2012 because she stopped eating in 2009
thanks for commenting :)

what an wasome storie i love it its sad 2

2dolphn97 said:
It sounds good but.... Y did u have to pin my birthday to be the day she died?!?

RiverIce said:
WOAH!!! wicked kewl!

Shepard14 said:
umm....eh, no. Sorry, reading about the self-abuse of others is not something I would want to read about :P

Ummm was this a true story???? cause if it is i will start crying even harder then i am now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad
coriann said:
awe poor Ruby :(

OH MY GOSH, I LOVE THIS! It made me cry though. :`(

medouri said:
Wonderful I loved it very much!!!!

r260897 said:
its kind of sad......... i'm sorry :)

MCF2000 said:
People have to read this so they know what could happen to themselves and they need to stop teasing people about their weight. I know someone much like poor Ruby who had gotten teased about being fat. She starved herself because of that. It is not good.

Anyways, leaving the plot aside, Rozaliciousness - you have a talent. I am not joking. The story was wonderfully written. If somebody can make someone cry with just a few paragraphs, then they have true talent.

Keep writing!

sad
kbsruthy said:
So sad,.........hoo....i think anorexic is some kind of mental disorder....any way..good story i love it

well not to be mean or anything but my name is also Ruby and i kinda feel offended. reading and seeing my name like that actually hurt even though the character wasn't me just saying sorry

So sad.

Crying. Crying is a way of letting yourself go. Letting yourself feel as if you don't care if you cry forever but you will stop crying. Eventually.
(sobbing right now)

it's good. you could turn it into something longer though. is it a true story?

aww :(

I'm so saving that

I am a fan!

halle1283 said:
:-( Poor Ruby.

Nice story though :)!

thanks for sharing, it's a great story

awww

I'll pray for you. I know what it's like to lose someone you love very much. you never forget them.

It's an amazing story. I cried at the end