X-Men Why you dislike them.

Alycat4848 posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 04:29PM
Okay I had to create a place to bash whatever characters you feel like bashing. Or any story or writer or artist. I know a lot of people are against such a hateful topic but I felt that someone had to make it. So if you feel like venting or whatever come here to do it.
Okay I had to create a place to bash whatever characters you feel like bashing. Or any story or write

X-Men 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago x-menobsessed26 said…
I was going to make a spot for this, but I guess you beat me to it. If a character is really killing me one day, I'll definately come here.
over a year ago Alycat4848 said…
Yeah I did get the idea from you. And I was entertained by the idea of a hate forum.
No matter who came up with it, it's a good idea for anyone regardless. A nice place where you can rant about the things you hate about certain characters or what the writers have made them do and such. A contained spot for X-anger.
I felt that i had to post something related to the topic so I'll start with the X Force limited series by Rob Liefeld. Dear Lord why. I hope that they never let him do anything again. He screwed up the backgrounds of characters, looks and personalities. Like having Cannonball trust some random guy from the future and Stryfe over Cable even though they've been friends for years. And Rob totally messed up the future Cable is from. He made it out to be that the Askani where in charge and Cable was just a soldier when most of the Askani were dead except the ones led by Cable. Rob please, just go away
Okay, so I decided I was going to use this for the first time.

SPOILERS!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with Marvel these days? I mean, I know they've been getting worse and worse for years, but they've really outdone themselves with AvsX. At least where Cyclops is concerned.

I can't really pinpoint what has attracted Cyclops as a character to me for all of these years, but maybe it was just the simple fact that everyone ALWAYS uses that poor man as the scapegoat for whatever bullshit they want to test out on the X-men. It's really starting to tick me off.

Here's where my spoiler warning starts to come in. First they have to have Scott be a total and complete ass to his wife (Jean) to where he's having a psychic affair with a woman he's had almost no real connection to in the past compared to the grand scheme of Women of X. Don't get me wrong. I have grown to respect Emma and Scott's relationship, but that doesn't excuse what Marvel did. Scott was married!!!! What the hell is it with Marvel and not letting people stay married (faithfully married, that is). They either cheat on each other or they die while being faithful. DAMN!

Now they have Cyke kill Charles! WTF! Then they have him transform into Dark Phoenix so they can use it as an insanity plea against him, so he has a Get Out of Jail Free card in the form of a fiery cosmic entity. What's even worse is they're still making references to Jean, especially with the AvsX saga. How Cyclops remarks on knowing how Jean must have felt. Why can't they make up their minds?

I think I'm truly going to give up on the comics at this point. It just isn't worth putting myself through this sort of angry and frustrated torment. This is why I like cartoons. They may make Scott out to be a hardass, but at least it's consistent. In the comics, they can't make up their minds because their going by $$$. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

...rant over.
Okay this took me a while to put up after I read your post but I wanted to make sure I was thorough.

One of the things that bothers me most about the Phoenix Five is didn't they just have a storyline not too long ago where Madelyne tried to resurrect herself but she could only use Jean Grey's body because Jean is on of the few people who's body is strong enough to house the Phoenix Force? And didn't they state in a different storyline that Emma can't handle Phoenix? I don't care if it's split into five pieces they still shouldn't be physically able to host the Phoenix!

And that is a great question. Why is Scott always an ass to his wife? I can understand that a stable marriage is boring but come on! If Reed and Sue Richards have stayed married why not Scott and Jean?

And Scott of all people getting over taken by Dark Phoenix? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be Piotr or Illiyana considering they both have that struggle with the dark side going on (Piotr with the Juggernaut crystal thing that I don't feel like looking up right now and Illiyana with her demon half soul)? Even Emma makes more sense than straight laced Scott! I know he's been getting darker lately but it still seems really random. And oh yeah now he cares about Jean's feelings after he cheated on her and she died. Scott's a bit late to that party. And now that he's been possessed by Dark Phoenix does that mean he'll always struggle with it like Jean did? Or will it be forgotten about in a year?
I know what you mean and that's one of the parts I've been struggling with as well. How can they be possessed by Phoenix? Jean has been labeled as the "true Phoenix" so she's the only one who can truly hold it (except for people genetically linked to her). Besides the fact that many people have said that you have to have some sort of telepathic abilities (whether they be latent or not). It makes absolutely no sense!

I also agree with your point on marriages. There have been a couple marriages they've left stay. Why not let a couple who had been together for nearly thirty years prior. It drives me crazy!
angry
Alright, I'm finally going to actually use this.

I don't understand why Marvel has to take a GREAT idea and always end up fucking it up, either not doing enough with it or too much. The whole All-New X-men idea was fantastic and I was completely on board and for the first 10 or so issues, I was extremely happy. Granted, there still aren't a shit ton of issues out there, and I've only read about 15 of them, but it's going down hill so fast from the so many amazing directions they could have taken it I'm starting to get extremely pissed off.

Some of what they were doing was starting to get that classic X-men feel back, probably due in part to having the "original X-men" back in the forefront, but when they started to completely diverge from the point of why the X-men stayed in the future and doing all kinds of crazy things, it doesn't get me involved more into the story. It actually pushes me so far out of it that I want nothing to do with it anymore.

I have never fit the model for Norman Holland's reading response theory other than in this instance and I don't like it.
over a year ago BeastFollower16 said…
angry
I HATE JEAN GREY AND SCOTT SUMMERS!!!!