Yu Yu Hakusho Just how close is kurama to hiei?

melodymew posted on Jan 06, 2010 at 09:03AM
I say they are pretty close, after all they've been through kurama is the closest to hiei afterall, but some fans say they have deeper reltionship... I just want to know what everyone thinks, what do you think?
I say they are pretty close, after all they've been through kurama is the closest to hiei afterall, b

Yu Yu Hakusho 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago djlee6 said…
wink
I think that both the manga and the anime hint a lot at a deeper relationship, and it's more than the fact that they're both the only demons on the team. Hiei makes it obvious that he's aware of all that Kurama's done in his long life and shows admiration towards his strength.
And to be honest, I think the team and all their friends sort of expect them to eventually get together if they aren't already. In a way, they're perfect as both friends and as lovers.
over a year ago BlackRose5150 said…
nowhere in the manga did they give off the vibe that they're gay for each other so please don't disillusion yourself gaybob.
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
They are definitely not in love; if it wasn't obvious already, it was proven in that scene where Hiei hands Kurama his stone. They are close, but only as friends.
over a year ago LadyClassical said…
Yes, I absolutely believe they are in love. My favorite ships tend to be noncanon, but I just have a hard time calling KuramaxHiei noncanon. Not only do they seem perfect for each other, but they seem closer than anyone else. Let me just say, if they were a male and a female, EVERYONE would be shipping them. Everyone. I mean, Yusuke and Kuwabara are supposed to be best friends too, but they don’t give off the same “something there that wasn’t there before” vibe (plus they have already-established, meaningful relationships). And the mangaka, Yoshihiro Togashi, has a “I can neither confirm nor deny” attitude, probably because he realizes that whatever he says will alienate half the fandom. In fanfics, Kurama is shipped with Hiei a whopping 66% of the time, with the runners-up being Botan (26%) and Keiko (3%). Hiei is shipped with Kurama 55% of the time, with the runners-up being Botan (28%) and Yusuke (8%). The fans know!!! (By the way, if you’re wondering where Mukuro falls on Hiei’s shipping statistics, she’s at 2%, tied with the Kuwabara siblings and one percentage point above Yukina.)