Zack Fair Cloud a better hero than Zack?

Cryogenic posted on Oct 14, 2013 at 04:48AM
Ok I know this is a controversial discussion that many people would say is one-sided; Cloud is better. I on the other-hand don't see it. I mean sure Cloud is awesome, but he's no way near a better hero than Zack.

Let review shall be:
Crisis Core- Zack kicked ass in this game. He defeated some of the most iconic summons in FF history as well as 2 of the strongest 1st class SOLDIER operatives, Angeal and Genesis. He had to fight and kill his closest friend. He was then betrayed and hunted down by Shinra just to cover up that Sephiroth went crazy. To save the life of his friend, Cloud, he fought against an army of SOLDIERs, my guess is all 2nd class. And then he died, not even being able to prove to the world that he was a hero, and the only person who new he was a hero was Cloud.

FF7- Cloud forgot his past and took over Zack, whom he admired greatly. He then goes on his own journey to fight Shinra. When Sephiroth reveals the truth to him he becomes even more depressed (well to me that was the case). He eventually defeats Sephiroth and is renowned as the new hero.

FFAC- I don't want to go too in detail so I suggest that you watch the movie, "Final Fantasy Advent Children." To cut it short, Sephiroth returns fights Cloud again and Cloud wins in the end.

I don't know, to me all Cloud did was fight and never gave it a second though. He never truly lost anything. Zack, now he as a guy that lost a lot. Lets see Zack lost: the respect of his fellow SOLDIERs, his best friend, his girlfriend his own life. He died in a wasteland where no-one could shed a tear for him, except for Cloud. To me he really is a HERO of the Final Fantasy series.

Feel free to disagree if you want or add something important if I missed anything.

Zack Fair 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Starring said…
Zack was very admirable. He had been weakened for four years but was still able to take on an army. Cloud on the other hand was completely out of it. Still, Zack stuck with him, pulled him along patiently and in the end saved Cloud’s life while sacrificing his own. He was a SOLDIER who stuck to the saying, “No man left behind.” For that, he was a true hero.

Cloud defeated Sephiroth. That’s astonishing! (As far as saving the world from destruction, Cloud would be at a loss without Aerith’s holy summon and her work within the lifesteam to prevent meteor, but I digress!)

I agree with you, I don't think that Cloud is better than Zack. I don't think he was a better hero, nor do I think he was a better character. In fact, Zack's character (personality) stayed strong and positive, even at the loss of his best friend. He grieved, then he pressed on, stronger and more mature, setting a good example to his friends and fellow SOLDIERs.
As for Cloud's character, it changed. He became very depressed at Zack's death, but it was as if his grieving never stopped. He only added to it with future tragedies. Reeeeally sad.

I like both of them, but Zack is by far my favorite.
Cryogenic commented…
Thank you for agreeing, and you added some points that I missed so again thanks. over a year ago
Starring commented…
Of course! ^^ over a year ago