Hi Stephen and Max,
I'm about to go teach a two-day workshop, so I don't have time to respond to all the posts, but let me make a few points.
1. You guys are funny. And you can take that in all its meanings and definitions.
2. The hourly rate is not just for the conversation--it includes time to read the material (1 page = 1.5 minutes)and create notes on structure, story, character, dialogue, etc.
3. If you don't use the whole hour up (it goes quickly, by the way) you can make use of it down the road for another project, or a revisit to revised material.
4. I do have a discounted rate, but it's contingent upon purchasing a package. When you go into a theatre, you either pay the ticket price or you don't. You don't get to say, "Listen, I only want to see the first act of Hamlet--I'll give you a fiver for it. Do we have a deal?"
5. But like I say, you're funny. Look forward to reading more emails
All the best,