Bamon UST: A promise of steamy (and kinky) love-making.
Last episode got me thinking about Bamon. Did Damon's last line (the one where he said about always choosing Elena over the witch) really ruin the chance of Bamon?
Because of this question, I really had to reevaluate my list regarding Bamon's authenticity. Here are a few reasons why I think the ship rocks aka why I should never lose hope:
1) Though TVD is really a show about a love triangle between two brothers and a girl, I really refuse to categorize Damon as stupid as falling for the same Katherine trap. However, he had admitted that he was 'in love' with Elena... so I'm going to consider the possibility of Bamon as a sort of hope yet for his character, his last chance for redemption.
2-3) Breaking Stelena apart would result in major catastrophe. For instance, we are refuting what 'true love' is really about. If Elena breaks away from Stefan and chooses Damon, what is the sense of claiming that there is just one true love? If you think it's too cheesy, what about the simple reason of commitment? Though Delena is admittedly sexy for some, what about Stefan? Personally, I like to believe that it is not only the love triangle angle that TVD is all about -it's about brotherhood as well. This might be a result of watching too much Supernatural, but Damon and Stefan are just about repairing of what seems left of their relationship. Damon getting Elena would ruin the bond forever.
4) Let's hop off the Twilight bandwagon. It's not that I am against Twilight, but judging by what the show is doing to Elena... she is starting to evolve into another Bella. The first sign of this transition was her beautiful brown hair...
5) It's not JUST about chemistry, it's about REALITY. As stated in points 2 and 3, hooking up with Elena will double the emotional baggage the couple should deal with. However, Bamon is a promise of unending play of power, love and lust. They will have much more to talk about and explore, and they wouldn't have to be guilty about mentioning Stefan's name on the dinner table.
6) Damon porked Elena's mother. Some people would say that this reason is not valid enough. They would probably point out that Damon was sort-of the reason why Bonnie's grandmother died, but here's the thing: Damon porked Elena's mother. This is neither Twilight nor a remake of The Graduate.
7) Bonnie and Damon's relationship has come a long way as well. It hasn't just been on a single 'unrequited love' path -it has gone through those extreme rough patches, basically a roller-coaster ride. The match is more dynamic, and you have to admit, the possibilities of their union is way interesting instead of going through another Katherine drama.
8) Regarding Damon's 'always choose Elena' line, another fan pointed this out in the forums: Damon said the same thing about Katherine before. Actions do speak louder than words. It's either he's saying this to convince Elena or convince himself. This point leads to...
9) Bonnie has finally put a 'Bonnie was here' flag in Damon's mind. The fact that Damon had cited Bonnie as 'the other girl', being used as a choice between Elena during those life and death situations, it is enough evidence that the witch has made a mark in the older Salvatore. Though Bamon may not happen soon enough, the seed has already been planted, and it is starting to grow.
And finally, the best reason why Bamon should happen...
10) Bamon is HOT. It's pretty much self-explanatory. Other than the fact Bamon is eyecandy, having Damon and Bonnie together will definitely be a show-stealer -a probable reason why the producers are postponing this, giving respect to other characters.
To close this off, simply said, I am never going to lose interest and hope for Bamon. I'm not really against Delena per se, but I'm more into give what Damon needs than give what Damon wants. Give Bamon a chance!
Two words: EYE SEX.