Just watched Dexter last night. Is it just me, or are there way too many loopholes in the plot this season? Amidst moments of brilliance, there are times in the show when Dexter's behavior is inexplicable. The Dexter from seasons 1 & 2 would have dumped little Travis Marshall pieces into the drink by now. Yet time and again Travis seems to be getting off the hook...as if the writers are going out of their way to hammer it into our heads that Gellar is in Travis' head.
Could it be more obvious?? Unless this season is going to pack the biggest punch in TV history, I don't see this season going anywhere but down.
That being said, I will give credit to the writers for bringing back big bro Brian for a couple of episodes. It was nostalgic if nothing else.
The death of Brother Sam deserves a separate paragraph. This was probably the biggest blunder of the season. If Mos Def (or Mos or Yasiin Bey...make up your mind, dude!) doesn't get an Emmy for his fantastic, if short lived performance, I will watch every episode of Charlie's Angels (the new crappy one) twice...for a week. But somehow in the back of my mind, I feel we haven't seen the last of Brother Sam this season (maybe a comeback is in order...like Harry and Brian, Brother Sam might be the newest inhabitant of Dexter's subconscious. Now that would be awesome!).
Here's how I think this season can salvage itself:
1. Gellar is real...oh snap!
2. More screen time for detective badass aka Mike Anderson.
3. Quinn gets run over by a truck...twice.
4. Debra finally bitch slaps LaGuerta.
5. BRING BACK BROTHER SAM!
Tidbits: (Spoiler alert)
- I felt sorry for Debra this episode. Dexter is the worst brother ever!
- Did anyone else wish Quinn would end up as the whore of Babylon? When is Dexter gonna kill this guy already? Maybe next season.
- Batista is becoming more comical every week. Nice way to butcher a character.
- Sad to see the chick from Deadwood go, she deserves better roles.
- I don't know why, but I have a feeling Masuka's nerd dude intern will be playing an important role this season.
Gotta go. Cheers guys!