disney crossover How does Jim and Ariel even work?

Ribon95 posted on Jun 21, 2012 at 10:43PM
Yes, I'm also making a forum on this topic. If you don't like this topic, don't read it.

OK, i know what people are going to think and perhaps comment "OMG! Jim and Ariel are awesome and you're a retard for not liking the couple", but SERIOUSLY! In what dimension would this couple even work?? Oh and please do not comment on how JiMel would also not work, cause seriously is that the best you can say in defending jim and ariel? I'm just curious on why people like the couple, cause honestly the comments i see are "they are close in age", which is also quite ridiculous seeing as ariel is married and has a kid, so i'd say she's in her 30s..other comments i've seen is that both movies have similar drawing styles and it's easy to do photomanips with them..but there isn't an actual reason to why this couple would EVEN work! To me, it's a very overrated couple. That's just my opinion though, and again, PLEASE don't start using JiMel as defense, that's just sad and pathetic..oh and let's be civilized and not start to call people names, cause i'm pretty sure to those HUGE jariel fans out there, it will happen..
last edited on Jun 22, 2012 at 10:21AM

disney crossover 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago chesire said…
Because they look good together. Period.

No offense but do you really have to bash on the Jim/Ariel pairing? Can't you just ignore this pair and respect other's choices of their pairings?

I'm saying this as a fan of Jim/Ariel, even if I like Jim/Melody too.
over a year ago bugbyte98 said…
smile
I agree with chesire... Ariel/Jim isn't my favorite pairing, but I don't bash it, in fact, I even make Jariel pics. People have a right to their own opinion, so you should respect them and their pairings. (BTW I saw this adorable Jariel video (:)
over a year ago ezzynal96 said…
smile
Precisily chesire and bugbyte. My favorite pairing is Alades (Alice and Hades), and at first everyone was kinda wiered out, but then they moved on, and didn't bash the paring, or me :) So I think every should be civil about Jariel :)
over a year ago Ribon95 said…
This is also just my opinion, and i was just curious on what people saw that they liked so much on this pairing, cause to me it's a couple that doesn't make sense.
^A lot of things don't make sense, dear. Better learn to live with that reality.
then you're agreeing with me that Jim and Ariel make no sense
^Nope. We all have different perceptions of "nonsense" things.
over a year ago CaterdayGirl said…
I want to point out that when does love ever make sense? does it have to have a point to it? they are teenagers, and I know Ariel is a mother but that's not the point, often times teenagers have a love that doesn't have any reason for it. do we really have to explain why we like the couple. I don't go asking you why you think Jim and Melody should be together.
And then again, it's my opinion, if you guys can't handle someone not liking the couple too bad.
over a year ago CaterdayGirl said…
your the one that brought it up. you can't expect people not to disagree with you.
over a year ago MegaraRider said…
To everyone going after Ribon95 for posting this, she did have a disclaimer in the very beginning not to read this if you don't like it.

I can understand the pairing, based completely in the defense of their age. None of us really over think the technicalities of their time periods, and I think most of us base Ariel off her original movie and not any of the sequels.

That being said; I don't like the couple, either. I don't think they look good together since he has that bad boy, rebel thing going on and she looks like an innocent good girl. I also don't think they're personalities work well together. She's too bubbly for him and he's too broody for her. Also, she doesn't really know anything about the human culture and her ignorance would annoy Jim to no end. She should be with someone more patient and understanding; like Hercules or Philip. Jim should be with someone that has more of an edge; like Meg or Kida or Audrey. At least, that's my opinion.
^Well in my defense, and if I remember correctly, I replied to this forum before she added her disclaimer.
over a year ago MegaraRider said…
I just read this and the disclaimer was on there. I didn't know she added it later, so I apologize, chesire.
^No need to apologize. :) I didn't mean it to sound mean or anything if that's how it sounded to you.
over a year ago pretty_angel92 said…
i already explained on the "answers" topic.
but yeah, i could say it again and again that i HATE that couple, it's so overrated and stupid