princesslullaby was voted as our first Disney Princess FOTM (Fan of the Month) for February 2010. Here is her interview.
The fans have voted, and princesslullaby won by a landslide! Here is our first interview with one of the many great fans on this spot.
1. Congrats on being the first ever Disney Princess Fan of the Month! How do you feel?
Really flattered and honored! It's nice to know my hard work on this site is being appreciated. ;)
2. Who are your top 3 princesses, and why?
Oh god....well, at the moment they're Ariel, Belle, and Pocahontas, but I haven't really watched some of the movies in a while so it's tentative. But Ariel will always be number one!
3. Name your favorite:
Princess movie-Little Mermaid.
Princess couple-Pocahontas & John/Tiana & Naveen. mostly Poca & John though
Prince- PRINCE NAVEEN!!!! <3
Princess song-Gotta go with Part of Your World.
Sidekick-lord almighty. GENIE!
Villain-My favorite villain's gotta be Ursula. (but the most evil of the princess villains is Shan-Yu, imo.)
4. Name your LEAST favorite:
Princes movie-Cinderella. I like it, just the least. It's got the least amount of action.
Princess couple-Again, Cinderella & Charming. They're just really bland.
Prince-...Prince Charming. He's got the least personality.
Princess song-Oh, I like all of them. but maybe "Whistle While you Work"
Sidekick-Percy. He's a pain.
Villain-Radcliffe. what a dick.
5. What is your favorite non-princess Disney movie?
...OMG. I have to choose? Lion King, Lion King 2, Hunchback Of Notre Dame, or Treasure Planet. ;)Oooh, or A Goofy Movie ! Dammit, I just can't choose.
6. Which princess do you relate to the most, and why?
Oh wow, this is a toughie. Each one in their own way. I'm the most similar to Jasmine, I hate responsibility and people telling me what to do. Plus I've got her sass.
7. If you could visit any princess' homeland, which one would you choose?
Tiana's. New Orleans seems cool. Or China (Mulan)
8. If you could date any prince, who would you choose?
NAVEEN. NAVEEN. NAVEEN. <333
9. Overall, do you prefer the princess films made before or after Walt Disney's death?
10. As a child, which villain were you the most afraid of?
of the princess villains? Really none of them, maybe slightly The Queen from Snow White.
11. Even though they are mentioned on this spot a lot, do you consider both Mulan and Pocahontas to be princesses?
I consider them to be disney royalty, but Mulan I do not consider to be an actual princess. Pocahontas I do.
12. Going along with the last question, which Disney heroine do you wish was considered to be a princess?
None really. I only think the main characters of disney movies who are a)female b) teenage age or over should be disney princesses. If any, I would choose Kida because she is an actual princess.
13. How do you feel about Disney's recent return to fairy tales with films such as Enchanted, The Princess and the Frog, and Tangled?
GAHHH. PATF I thought was a step in the right direction, but I really hate all these modern pop-culture references and the girls being so kick ass and talking so modernly. I like the disney princess movies being more fairy talish. For example, people relate to Ariel and Belle without them having a ton of sass, and they're also not modern girls. That's why I wasn't a big fan of PATF at first. Tangled is getting me upset because I don't think 3D princesses should be added to the line up, they're not classic princesses if they're 3D, she's gonna have too much modern personality. I don't like it. I liked Enchanted but Giselle's not a classic princess, thank god. I think Tiana shouldn't have worked two jobs, its just too realistic for me. I think she should've been some girl working on a farm or something in France 1700. Or whatever. I just would have liked it more if it were more classic.
14. What fairy tale would you like to see Disney turn into a movie next?
Swan Princess, The Princess and the Pea, or the princess & the pauper. But I want them to be more classic, without the modernism about them.
15. Finally, what are your hopes for the future of this spot?
To get more members, to stop the poll cheaters, and just to get all around more creative!