fanpop's got talent Help wanted for FGT 2011!

Eline_K posted on May 26, 2011 at 01:32PM
Hi everyone!

We are only days away from the official start of FGT. I have done a lot of preparation, so we are almost ready to begin.

Almost? Yes, almost. There's one thing I still need:

HELP!

Okay, that sounded overly dramatic, but I got my point across! ;-)

I can't run this thing alone, so I'm looking for people to fill the following positions:

* FGT voting committee member:
As a member of the voting committee you will be collecting part of the votes. People who want to vote will have to PM their vote to a committee member corresponding with their username (like previous years). This means that during the whole month of July you will be receiving messages via Fanpop with people's votes. You will have to count all those votes and send the results to me.

* Haiku contest judge:
For the upcoming Haiku contest I'm looking for a few people who have an interest in poetry. Basic knowledge of the Haiku is preferred. You will have to judge all the Haiku's submitted to the contest and select the ones you like best. Those will move on the big finale and the users will pick the one and only winner.

* Six Word Story contest judge:
For the upcoming Six Word Story contest I'm looking for a few people who have an interest in writing. Basic knowledge of the Six Word Story is preferred. You will have to judge all the Six Word Stories submitted to the contest and select the ones you like best. Those will move on the big finale and the users will pick the one and only winner.

*General promoter
During the submission period and the voting period it is essential that lots of Fanpoppers are made aware of this awesome contest. Therefore I will need people to help me promote this event. If you are willing to help with this, please check out link to find out how you can help.

If you are interested in any of these positions, please comment below or send me a PM. I’d like to have at least 3 people for each position, but more is excellent too!

Thanks!

Eline

-----------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---

Volunteers so far:

*FGT voting committee members:
caramelmilk
ineedcoffee
Oblix
cute20k
harold

*Haiku contest judges:
Yours truly, Eline_K
Paramore-CSI
daniela2mimi
harold

*Six Word Story contest judges:
Yours truly, Eline_K
KateKicksAss
MissKnowItAll
JoannaVonDoom
last edited on Jun 01, 2011 at 06:07PM

fanpop's got talent 37 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Paramore-CSI said…
I can help judge the haiku contest!
over a year ago caramelmilk said…
smile
I can do * FGT voting committee member :) I'm sure I can do some promoting too, I'd just rather not do it through my user icon.
over a year ago Eline_K said…
smile
Great!

@caramelmilk: it's fine if you don't want to change your icon. You're well known on Fanpop, so if you just spread the word that would be a great help too! :)
over a year ago caramelmilk said…
smile
^I will! So should I wait with promoting until this -officially- starts?
over a year ago shieldmaiden said…
Hey! SO GLAD THIS IS STILL GOING! Anyhoo, I'd be happy to help with promotion! Heading to that thread now :)
@caramelmilk: Yes, that's probably best. I'm waiting with the further promotion too. You can read all about the big promotion plans link
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ineedcoffee said…
smile
I will also be glad to help with FGT voting committee member.
smile
Great! Thank you so much!
over a year ago KateKicksAss said…
I've never heard of FGT before, but I'd be happy to help. I could be a voting committee member, or I could help wherever it's needed most, :)
over a year ago oblix said…
I can help with voting committee also, however that space is filling fast so i can do some other stuff if ya' wish. I'll do general promotion anyway.
over a year ago daniela2mimi said…
I wanna be the Haiku contest judge!
over a year ago cute20k said…
I would be a voting committee member if I could still enter the contest..
over a year ago MissKnowItAll said…
Hi. :) I'd like to help. I'll do whatevers needed.
smile
I have updated the list with volunteers. In the current situation we have 4 voting committee members and 3 judges for both side contests. This is enough, however if we get more volunteers, each position could have one more volunteer.

I've put KateKicksAss and MissKnowItAll down as Six Word Story contest judges because you both said to help wherever needed, and you are very needed here! I hope that's oké with you both. If it's not, please let me know.
smile
BTW, all the final voting committee members and side contest judges will be receiving a PM from me explaining all the details of their position! :)
over a year ago harold said…
I am available for all three, as the side writing contests are of great interest to me. Naturally, I was already planning on continuing to do promotion.
over a year ago JoannaVonDoom said…
Hello! I would like to help anywhere I can. Maybe a Six Word Story contest judge? You decide, but I noticed you don't have volunteers there so I thought I could help :) Or am I too late? Oh God, I hope Im not too late :O
smile
^Great!

@harold: I've put you down as a voting committee member and as Haiku contest judge.

@JoannaVonDoom: I've put you down as a Six Word Story judge.

This way we have 5 voting committee members and 4 judges for both side contests. I hope this is alright with you both!
Everyone:

We now officially have enough volunteers! =D

I'm really pleased to see so many nice Fanpoppers willing to help out here! Together we will make FGT awesome!

I a week or so, all volunteers will receive a PM with a detailed explanation of what is expected of them in their position. So be sure to check your Fanpop inbox or have an alert send to your personal email!

Again, thank you guys so much! I'm really happy with all your help!
over a year ago reb1009 said…
ill do 6 world story judge
guys there is no more need for volunteers
@Paramore-CSI: I should name you my assistant!

And he's right... sorry but I have enough volunteers for each position. Putting too many people on a position would make it all such a hassle, so the list above is really the final list (unless one of them backs out, in which case I will contact one of you).

Of course you can always participate as a contestant!
LOL just thought I'd help you out :D
smile
Thanks, I appreciate it! :)
no problems :D BTW you wrote Off course instead of of course.
wink
Haha wow a living spelling checker too! ;-)
LOL :P I also check grammar tooo :D
over a year ago era_sana said…
hmmm
i've never heard abt it b4. wht is this???? can some1 xplain me?????
link
read that article and if you have any more questions message Eline_K or me.
(error)
over a year ago KateKicksAss said…
So basically, what exactly would being a judge entail? I have some past experience with six-word stories, but would each of the judges pick their favorites and have fanpoppers vote on those? Or would each judge judge a different set of the stories?

*slightly confused*

Thanks! :)
smile
All positions have been filled already!
over a year ago bubblykat91 said…
smile
hey eline!!! thanks for posting on my wall. i would love to participate as a FGT voting committee member. i've been a part of fanpop for almost 4 years, and i would love to participate if possible!!
Please read past posts all posotions have been filled. but you can still participate :D
over a year ago merastewart said…
big smile
If this is still open for judges , can I help? Dibbs on Six Word Story contest judge
All positions have been filled.
why do they not read past entrys.