Sansa, ice; Daenerys, fire
DISCLAIMER! English is my second language, so I’m sure this article is full of mistakes. PLEASE! Feel FREE to comment and correct, so I can edit this!! Thank you!
So, let’s start from the beginning…
A long time ago, Lady Lyanna Stark was engaged to one brave and powerful Robert Baratheon, who happened to be her brother Ned’s friend.
Lyanna was (supposedly) kidnapped and raped by the evil Rhaegar Targaryen, who was married and had children with Elia Martell. (This is what Robert Baratheon thinks… there’s evidence that makes us believe Lyanna was not in love with Robert; she loved Rhaegar instead, and went with him voluntarily).
This episode led to chaos between almost every family in Westeros. Baratheon, Stark, Targaryen, Martel… and it also led to Robert marrying someone else, which brought the Lannisters to the picture (ughhh)
So, where am I going with this? Here’s my theory (which is NOT about Jon Snow ;) )
I think everything will be determined between Sansa Stark and Daenerys Targaryen.
These characters have a LOT in common. I think they’re two sides of the same coin.
- First, they were both promised to be Queens since Book 1 (episode 1).
- They were both engaged to powerful men who would make them Queens. And, both engagements didn´t exactly turn out like they thought they would. (Sansa was so happy with her engagement to Joffrey before she realized he was the worst person in the world; Dany was scared of Drogo, but then they were really in love).
- They were both in very good company, with strong and wise men by their side, who had some sort of feelings for them (I’m thinking The Hound for Sansa… as I think Sansa’s doom started when she didn’t run away with him; and Jorah Mormont for Dany… with whom she has an on-and-off relationship due to her being stubborn and never doing as he says).
- They both lost their families.
BUT… their lives may be similar, but their personalities are quite different…
Sansa is insecure; Dany is quite confident.
- Sansa's worst enemy is her own fear; Dany's is being stubborn
- Sansa loses every hope of becoming Queen (she doesn’t even want that anymore, as she realized it’s just not worth it; Dany never gives up (she fight for a Throne she didn’t care about in the first place).
- Sansa grows INTERNALLY, she matures, she’s been through a lot; Dany grows EXTERNALLY (she gets more and more powerful, and even when she loses everything, he has supernatural powers that save her)
So… who will be Queen?
I’m actually TEAM SANSA, (because I think fear is more likely to be beaten than stubbornness) but I don’t know what could happen next.
But I’m just talking about two Queens… who’s our King???
My choice is this Guy - someone who HAS Royal blood and we SHOULDN’T forget about: GENDRY “BARATHEON”.
At first I thought he was going to end up with Arya, but, isn’t Sansa WAY more appropriate for him??
PLUS!!!!! The union between Sansa Stark and Gendry Baratheon would represent the union (that never happened) between Lyanna Stark and Robert Baratheon.
If THAT doesn’t restore the peace between the families, I don’t know what will…
SO MAYBE….. Dany is meant to be Queen (if the idea of the whole saga is to tell the story of how the Targaryens got back to the usurped Throne)
AND Sansa and Gendry will rule the North together…
(Although I’d like Sansa to be Queen)
What do YOU think?
Sansa + Gendry