1.Ginny is a perfect character (“Mary Sue”), which Rowling hides by calling her temperamental.
2. Being temperamental is not a flaw if everyone thinks it’s cute and adorable and it gets you a boyfriend.
3. NOBODY can do anything productive without magic.
4. Ginny runs after a train like an idiot even though this isn’t her first time watching the train leave with her brothers. Obviously she’s watch the train leave EVERY SINGLE YEAR OF HER LIFE.
5. Rowling is living out her own fantasies through Hermione, who is clearly herself.
6. The books aren’t well written, just because you make up a few words and use Latin for spells, like every other book about magic in history, doesn’t make it good writing.
7. All the Hogwarts rules Rowling sets for criteria are obviously set up to be broken by the end of the series.
8. Not only that, she breaks rules set by more esteemed authors.
9. The world population will grow stupid because all kids who read this book will think they are wizards and won’t take their real education seriously while they wait for their Hogwarts letter to come until they are old. And they’ll never come.
10. Harry almost dies fifty thousand times, but someone always saves him. This is boring.
11. Lily is too perfect and has no flaws either. Even dead mothers should have flaws besides having a baby with a jerk.
12. The reason the books became so popular is because Harry doesn’t have to try hard to learn any skills and everyone wants their life to be that easy.
13. If Harry is so ‘awkward’, why do so many wizards admire him before he even meets them?
14. Rowling portrays weak men as failures, effeminate, and generally lacking the attributes of true masculinity, playing into stereotypes that both feminists and masculist alike have benn fighting against for years.
15. Isn’t it convenient that Harry always manages to sneak out of his dorm at all hours of the night without many consequences? Real schools aren’t like that.
16. Lack of interesting character development.
17. Ginny is a useless, whining, doll that suddenly has become the idol for girls everywhere.
18. People say that Harry Potter is better than everything in the world. Guess what? WRONG.
19. Harry is extremely possessive, border-line abusive, and boring as anything.
20. It’s too cliché.
21. This book contains no sex, so it’s not really a adventure novel.
22. Read The Story of King Arthur and His Knights- That’s a wizard, not those average people with wands that Rowling has created.
23. You don’t have to throw out a cliché every two pages, we know all “love is powerful” and “friendship is important”.
24. Harry reflects upon herself through the entire novel to tell important plot developments. Hey Rowling, ever heard of “Show, don’t tell”?
25. She never uses the word hermit in the entire book series, and it’s supposedly about wizards.
26. Her wizards play Quidditch. Enough said.
27. Rowling wrote “[The room] was so crammed with objects that it was difficult to see how anybody could navigate their way across it …” when she should have wrote “[The room] was so crammed with objects that it was difficult to see how anybody could navigate [his or her] way across it …”
28. There is too much face touching.
29. It’s predictable, and childish.
30. We read the entire series just to laugh at the stupidity of it.
31. Rowling can’t think of original names. She gets names from the dictionary and those don’t count.
32. Wizards can’t catch a tiny ball flying at the speed of light in their mouth without it shooting through the back of their throat and killing them. SPOILER
33. Quidditch was just a disgrace.
34. People think Rowling is the best writer ever.
35. The plot drags on forever, when it really could have been completed in three books.
36. Wow, yet another ‘original’ plot of vengeance.
37. Why is it called the Harry Potter Series if only one character is names Harry Potter?
38. It’s too easy to mock. Go on Youtube, how many mocks on Harry Potter do you see?
39. They use a drug reference in a book written for ten-year-olds. Date rape love potions, anyone?
40. JK Rowling creates some interesting characters ie: Merope and Cedric. She then ignores them, and gives them no development.
41. Every Other 9gag post is about Harry Potter. EVERY OTHER ONE.
42. Fangirls are so blinded by their love for Harry that they don’t realize the book is terrible.
43. Harold Bloom agrees that "Rowling's mind is so governed by clichés and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing."
44. It’s stupid.
46. Ginny is all the guy’s beards.
47. Rowling wrote seven books about nothing, really.
48. Straight men play with “wooded sticks”?
49. It’s teeming with grammatical errors.
50. Harry Potter means ruler of trades, which practically means good at everything. That’s horribly cheesy.
51. Harry has black hair; crows like black things.
52. Do any guys actually like Harry Potter?
53. If the first chapter of your book rely on the mystery of a character’s identity, don’t slap “Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy celebrating his 11th birthday, but he is far from wrong. A giant named Hagrid appears, and gives Harry the all important news. He is a wizard” on the back cover.
54. Times names are mentioned
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
Order of the Phoenix
The only reason Ginny becomes “important”t to us is because she dates Harry.
55. They fall in love way too quickly and it seems fake because no one falls in love instantly, especially teenagers.
56. The only reason Harry and Ginny love each other because she good at sports good and he’s famous. There’s no other given reason why.
57. It’s just not healthy to teach young girls that True Love involves a guy ignoring you forever.
58. Harry wears glasses. We get it.
59. He had only been in Hogwarts for 10 minutes and he already has a reputation.
60. There’s something disturbing about Dumbledore watching kids and teenagers all the time.
61. All Harry Potter fans are insane, proved by several responses to criticism such as… “adamlambert_rox? I'm TALKING TO YA! You're an idiot. Go to **** **** *** *** * ** * ** * ** ** * *********** LOL! BTW, did you notice that the funny images of Twilight are better than the saga combined? Go and kill yourself, just like your role model, Bella.”
62. And this… “Lauracullen, go look at your other completely pointless post. Look at how many reasons there are. AND WE'RE NOT EVEN FINISHED! You lost... go drown yourself.”
63. And this… “Actually i_love_edward45, i wish you wouldn't say that about ppls opinions. it's not fair at all and i know what king_wa said is mean but that's a really stupid thing to say to ppl especially since i'm about to send you a message saying what a bitch you are for saying that about hermione. Get fuked you loser, you got nothing better to do than critisize hermione then how about you jump up your own ass and die.”
64. Isn’t funny how Harry Potter fans can’t spell and use proper capitalization? By the way,61, 62, and 63 are real quotes.
65. The reason Harry couldn’t learn occlumacy well was because he doesn’t have a mind.
66. T. Pain would totally win Hermione’s heart and beat up Ron because he’s on a boat.
67. Herminoe has to manipulate time to get to her classes.
68. We applaud JK Rowling, as she’s got to be a rich woman by now, having found her forte in the insane cult of teenage girls who go rabid over her writings.
69. The good side vs. The bad side (isn’t that a Facebook application and such a original idea?)
70. There’s nothing worse than a fan girl going insane over a fictional guy. It’s rather pathetic actually, so, um, yeah, get a life and keep reading those books, chickies.
71. This book was not worth the paper on which it was printed.
72. Ginny has no goals and no future, her life revolves around Harry.
73. WWJHPFD: What Would a Judgmental Harry Potter Fan Do? Answer: attempt to attack with the ‘cool magical powers’ they gained from reading the series. Awesome!
74. Even if you like the book, it doesn’t live up to its hype.
75. Draco is a good WILF, that’s it.
76. “I spent the first half of my 11th birthday sitting by the post box waiting for that Hogwarts acceptance letter, then the second half crying because it hadn’t come. I even forced my parents to take me to Kings Cross on september 1st that year with the hope that the letter just got lost and I would just walk through the barrier to prove I was a witch, it didn’t work.” – quoted from dearmsrowling on tumblr.
77. Thirteen years difference = pedophile. (Lupin and tonks)
78. It’s a co-dependent relationship stripped down to the bare essentials. Girl: “I want to date James.” Boy: “If you leave me, I will live alone forever and join this group of people who want to kill you.”
79. Jk Rowling must really be into pedophilia: first Ginny is underage and makes out with other underage boys, now Harry is underage and kisses Cho, who’s also underage? SPOILER.
80. New hot couple name for Harry and Ginny = Hinny
81. You may think Harry Potter is smart and fast, but Chuck Norris could take him.
82. Ginny’s only deep thoughts are, ‘I play Quidditch! I know Harry! My brothers are virgin losers!’
83. The only reason I kept reading was to see if Harry could redeem himself by getting over himself.
84. Harry, who didn’t abuse Hermione and was nice to her, was ditched and she chose Ron. Hmm, masochistic much?
85. Ms. Rowling writes the way I did when I was twelve years old, doodling in my journal.
86. “It would have been much better if Harry and Ron discovered they were gay: no dances, no whiny Ginny or Hermione. Amen to that.”
87. Many people have enjoyed the making of this, many have helped with it too…in other words lots of people hate Harry Potter.
88. You are allowed to have your own opinion, just like we are allowed to have ours. Get over it. Harry Potter fans don’t seem to understand that though and attack at the mention of flaw in the book.
89. Light Yagami doesn’t approve of Harry Potter so neither should you.
90. “Cause it’s dumb.” – Random Person on the Street
91. “It’s annoying as hell.” – Random Person on the Street #2
92. Martin Luther would not have not have approved if the book was written during his lifetime.
93. Edward could beat Harry Potter any day with his vampire powers.
94. It’s offensive to the entire human race, both male and female.
95. The Power Rangers could beat The Trio. THE FREAKING POWERRANGERS