ahem. try not to laugh.
ok so I found this stupid person listing all the reasons why twilight is better than twilight. so I replied to every single one. and this is her picture:
1. Robert Pattinson, can you say HOT? And he's totally sexy when he sparkles!
So? Hotness has absolutely no correlation to acting ability. He was also in Harry Potter first.
2. Taylor Lautner, I mean, have you SEEN those muscles?
NOT HOT. Strange nose, closed up eyes and no acting ability. That is just my personal opinion. As I said, hotness has no correlation to acting ability.
3. Kristen Stewart. An extremely talented and beautiful actress, with loads of potential.
Ugly and emotionless. No talent whatsoever. IMO.
4. The Volturi. REALISTIC villains, instead of insane freaks in cloaks, like Voldemort and the Death Eaters.
The Volturi wear cloaks too, you dumbass. And they are vampires which isn't anymore realistic than wizards because they are both fictional. Please explain your reasoning on this.
5. Because its just common sence to like twilight!!! Haha. Romance means everything. Bella and Edward are like, MENT 4 each other, and everything is just......PERFECT!! In Harry potter, u would that that harry and harmonie would like...fall in love or something....and then u watch people die in freaky ways, and then there are creepy things....GAHH!!! but yea. (:
Firstly, your spelling may signify how intelligent you are, so I would recommend proofreading when trying to get a point across. Romance does not mean everything. That is a horrible message to send out to the pre-teens who watch twilight. It makes them believe they need a boyfriend to be capable people, and girls should learn to be independent because they do not need men. Also the whole beauty of Harry Potter is that it is unexpected and J.K. Rowling isn't afraid to kill off her characters or put them in unexpected relationships, because that is how REAL LIFE WORKS.
6. Because it's one of the greatest love stories ever!! Harry Potter is good too, but Twilight has way more romance and more hot guys....EDWARD, JASPER, EMMETT, CARLISLE!! Need I say more!
As I said, hotness has no correlation to acting ability. And Harry Potter has hot guys too. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint), Draco (Tom Felton) and CEDRIC (ROBERT PATTINSON)
7. Yes, we all know that Harry Potter and Twilight are both fiction, but Twilight is clearly better. When I read a book, I like to imagine myself in the plot or relate to the story somewhat. Aside from the vampire theme, Twilight actually takes place in a REAL town with up to date things. ex) cars, school, etc. I'm sorry but I just can't picture myself on a flying train, eating chocolate covered frogs, headed to a non existent magical school. In my opinion, Twilight is obviously better.
Harry Potter takes place in the real up-to-date world as well, if you haven't noticed but it does not happen in the non-wizard world. It happens in the wizard world where they have magic and do not need electronics or anything.Do you think the Volturi use ipads in their free time or spend them in ancient libraries/weird ancient vampire cult meetings? Thought so.
8. OMGGG Harry POtter is messed up. Like seriusly, he needs to grow up and stop being so boring cuz edward is like waaaaaaay more AMAZINNNG. therees no love in hary potter and nobodies hot who wants to read a book without hot peeps?
AGAIN, hotness has no correlation to acting ability and it doesn't matter. Harry Potter has realistic love as well. Who gets married in high school and falls in love as soon as they meet? Ron and Hermione have a friendship FIRST as most REAL relationships do. It develops so beautifully to show a truthful portrayal of childhood love. Its awkward and unexpected just like real love. I'm sorry you can't see that. Maybe the fact you so fiercely defend the romanticized notions of love, for example love at first sight and sparks flying, comes from being a late bloomer/loveless in your teen years. Just a thought.
9. Each book in the twilight series has a different story line. It is mainly about Bella's Lovestory but in the 1st book it was about how Edward had to save Bella and in each book the story changes. The main reason of the book is for Bella To become A vampire. Then after that it is the story with Renesmee. In Harry Potter it takes 7 or 8 books to get to the point. Killing the one who must not be named. it drags on and on and becomes boring.
I don't even understand how you can say that. I can not tell any of the twilight books apart because 1. I don't care and 2. they are all exactly the same thing. They are pretty formulaic and they
are the ones that drag on. I don't think you have ever seen Harry Potter OR Twilight.
10. Twilight has a more reasonable plot than HarryPotter. Look at Harry and you'll see he's more angsty than Bella. And all the Harry Potter books are like Harry being "My life sucks" and then Voldemort shows up and he's like "I'm going to kill you" and Harry's all like "No way" and then Harry wins in the end. It's way obvious, especially when the author already tells you how many books there's going to be. I mean, why can't we live in total suspense on what's going to happen next? Twilight gives that suspense that something amazing is going to happen that Harry Potter never gave us. Plus, Harry Potter is a wizard and wizards are demonic creatures. Who would want to root for a demon as the good guys? In twilight, everyone's a vampire, and vampires aren't Satan's spawn.
EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID IS WRONG. VAMPIRES ARE (IF YOU HAVE EVER READ A BOOK EVER YOU WOULD KNOW THIS) CONSIDERED DEMONIC AND SATANIC. IN VAMPIRE LEGEND, VAMPIRES CAN NOT STEP ON HOLY GROUND, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE DEAD LIVING AND THEREFORE ENEMIES OF GOD. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE RELIGION IS A STUPID THING TO MENTION ON A WEBSITE BECAUSE IT COULD EXCLUDE PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS AS WELL AS BEING COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. CAN YOU GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE RELIGION? AND IF YOU MUST
ASSUME THERE IS ONLY ONE, AT LEAST DO YOUR DAMN RESEARCH ON IT. Ok, sorry for the outburst, but honestly you must be just pushing my buttons. Let me address each of your dumb points: 1. As far as I can see, how reasonable the plot of each story is, is irrelevant, at least if you look at the plots in literal ways, seeing as they are both about the paranormal. 2. The angsty-ness is a matter of opinion, but I think all of Bella's problems are self made and all she does is bumble and moan over them. 3. Is there anything in Twilight that is unpredictable? I think not. 4. Well, the last point was handled up above.
11. In harry potter all they do is fly around on brooms and kill people with magic sticks (wands) I mean, really?
Harry Potter is a complex and in-depth story that has much more hidden meaning than you could ever understand. In twilight all they do is run around without shirts, fighting over a stupid, confused adolescent girl.
12. Edward wasn't a dork. Yeah, sometimes, dorks are cute. However, Harry was a bit too dorky and I can't see why girls even liked him.
He had this amazing thing called a personality. He had layers and complexity. And he's hot. That's why girls like him.
13. Harry Potter is for virgin nerds. Twilight is for cool and mature people.
First of all you are a virgin nerd. And Twilight has absolutely nothing below the surface. You see one twilight movie and you know everything. It is simple and for dumbasses like you. Twilight is for boobless, hormone-crazed, pre-pubescent girls. Like you. Its sad you think maturity is as simple as sexualization.
14. Hermione is a week character. Unline Bella, who struggles every day. Hermione has no problems, the only things she has are self-created. She follows Harry into his troubles. Big whoop. Even if she is teased about being a mud blood or whatever its called, she has a choice. She could quit Hogwarts or something. Bella has no choice, she is in love.
quit school. Like right now. No big whoop, right? That's what Hermione did. Bella
, on the other hand, has so many choices and yet she is incapable to function without her sparkling boyfriend. She threw herself off a cliff
when he left. Just so she could get his attention and so he would come back. That is so unrealistic. In real life is she would be checked into a mental hospital for mental instability and severe dependence issues.
15. Twilight was a best selling novel, and has a bigger fan base than Harry Potter.
Actually, Harry Potter's least popular movie made more money than the Twilight Books all together.
16. Stephenie Meyer writes that the only thing that can kill a vampire is another vampire or a werewolf. Since Edward is a vampire created by Meyer, we can use her written characteristics and apply them to Harry Potter. Since Harry Potter is neither vampire nor wolf, this means that Harry Potter could not kill Edward and Edward would win.
Vampires don't exist. Neither do wizards. You're acting like a blood thirsty little 9 year old who sets his action figures up in play-battle-to-the-deaths. But why would it matter if they fought? Physical strength of characters is a miniscule detail when comparing how good the book is. It shouldn't come into the equation. Even if Harry died he would have accomplished something in his life. It would have been a life worth living.
17. Twilight led to many other supernatural romances in books and tv shows.
It started a trend. Because of you retard fan-girls. Anyway, have you heard of Anne Rice, Bram Stoker or Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu? Stephanie Meyer didn't invent Vampires.
18. Unlike Harry, nobody's thoughts are actually that deep or intellectual. I bet if any of us published our thoughts into a book, none would be great English lit; Bella's thoughts are more realistic.
Actually, people's thoughts are like Harry's. And compared to most people he wouldn't be considered that smart. Which makes you seem really stupid if you think Harry Potter is complicated.
19. at least all of them dosent a scar of a lightning bolt.
Good one. That is a great reason. Seriously.
20. no witchcraft (practicing witchcraft is bad).
According to the TUDORS. Catch up with REALITY. Do you know what year it is? Or are you just a bible crazed impressionable youth who hasn't learnt to form an opinion yet? Either way, let me direct you back to point number 10.
21. At least they talk about reliegon even 4 a short while.
And? Seriously? Even if they did (which I'm pretty sure they didn't) that would hardly be relevant. And also, Harry Potter teaches good values and characteristics that can be taught across many religions and different cultures. Traits that are important no matter of your background or belief.
22. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Twilight has ZERO character development, empathy or common sense to actions. What I mean is that it just says OMG I LOVE HIM but doesn't show
it or make the watcher or reader fall in love with him too.
The acting is also wooden and just plain bad. IMO
23. Twilight is a modern-day Romeo and Juliet in its themes of everlasting but forbidden love; to be compared to such a classic is an honor.
It has never been compared to that masterpiece. And HOW are they alike? People fall in love?!?!?! Yeah, that happens in just about every movie ever. Nothing else is the same. FORBIDDEN LOVE? That also is in just about every love story ever. That is basically the formula of every crap rom com Hollywood inflicts upon us every month.
24. We like the time setting of Twilight. It is modern day.
SO IS HARRY POTTER YOU ALREADY SAID THAT.
25. Vampires stay with their partners will death. If you mess with their partners, you'll get what's coming. Even after their partner is dead, they will remain loyal to them, till their time comes.
Real people move on, experiment and change. Just like in Harry Potter. Twilight is so unrealistic. You're deluding yourself if you think that's realistic. And also, where does it say that in Twilight?
26. We like and appreciate the fact that the vampires and werewolves in Twilight aren't anything like the one's from us before. To us, it's nice to take on the vampire and werewolf concept.
J.K. Rowling was so original she made up new creatures instead of using old ones. Vampires and werewolves have been used so many times before and everyone is tired of it.
27. You can read Twilight over and over again.
Not if you want to keep your food inside your stomach.
28. It is the rare vampire novel that isn't about sex on some level, and the Twilight books are no exception. What makes Meyer's books so distinctive is that they're about the erotics of abstinence. Their tension comes from prolonged, superhuman acts of self-restraint. There's a scene midway through Twilight, in which, for the first time, Edward leans in close and sniffs the aroma of Bella's exposed neck. "Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet," he says. "You have a very floral smell, like lavender....or freesia." He barely touches her, but there's more sex in that one paragraph than in all the snogging in Harry Potter.
Again, that is pointless. Good luck finding anyone ever like that. BUT this is one of the more reasonable reasons which has evidence and support. But sex isn't something needed in a love story. I also want to point out that in Harry Potter, the characters are quite young, so their love will obviously be bumbling, awkward, clumsy or something of that sort. Snogging is pretty normal at that age, and isn't supposed to have sexual tension. If anything its pretty realistic in the way its just a release of pubescent sexual frustration with little romance involved.
29. The characters change throughout the Twilight series as well. they may not be growing up like the Harry Potter Characters did, but they did change. The characters become more brave, stronger, loving, forgiving, etc. Each character changed in the Twilight books. Harry Potter characters changed as well, but they kept some of their bad traits with them.
Of course they did. They were still the same people. In Twilight I have never once seen how they have changed. But Harry Potter is realistic and empathetic because people do keep their bad traits and aren't perfect, just like you and me. You know what, you should visit this place called reality
sometime soon. Its pretty jazzy.
30. IT has a graphic novel.
It has a comic book? Comic books are for children, and yet the books are about sex. Strange.
31. has more female fans.
You mean hormone-crazed, ten year olds and sex-crazed, lonely mothers? Congrats.
32. Harry Potter was mainly focused on children. We are into the more mature books. That have mature elements in them.
You think that mature elements are sex and love. That's it. That's all you know about maturity. Harry Potter has multiple layers of friendships and connections and reflection and strength. Those topics are way more mature than the ones in twilight because they are the characteristics of a strong, independent, mature adult. Its a typical teenager thing to say that sex and love are maturity because teenagers believe that they are adults, but they still have the minds of children.
33. Who wouldn't want two guys fighting over you? :D That just makes a good story. Am I right?
Not really. I don't think you even understand what you are saying, because toying with boys feelings is a horrible thing to do. And it also makes a bad story. Which Twilight has proven.
34. Bella Swan is a strong character. SHe is brave, caring, forgiving, accepting, and just plain awesome :) She has risked her life many times to save someone she loves, such as Charlie, Renee, Edward, Jacob, The Cullens, Nessie, etc. She went through weeks of pain to save her daughter. SHe was willing to die so her baby could live. She has also formed a huge army and was prepared to fight till the death to protect her child and family. So yes, Bella is a role model. And No, she is not dependent on Edward.
Wrong. There are no examples of Bella having any of those characteristics. She risked her life for attention, not for others. She didn't form an army, people did it for her because they cared about her. I don't know why. She is very dependent on Edward.
35. Twilight totally had a better, richer, more complex plot line than Harry Potter.
Wrong again. Harry Potter has MULTIPLE themes such as: The Value of Humility, The Occasional Necessity of Rebellion, The Dangers of Desire, Authority, The Importance of Friendship, Trust, Self-Reflection, Strength and Choosing to do the right thing. I could say more.
36. Alice Cullen. She is just awesome! She would probably be considered as the "Luna" in Twilight. Am I right? Alice would be the perfect sister. She would make anyone smile if they had a bad day.
We have a real Luna. AND Hermione.
37. All four Twilight books made us teary eyed. As for Harry Potter, some parts made us sad and a little teary, but Twilight was the one that really made us teary.
Wrong again. Twilight made people laugh. At the stupidity of it. Harry Potter made us cry, laugh, get angry, feel sympathy and most importantly feel empathy.
38. The Twilight books were so amazing!! We just could not put them down at all! For Harry Potter, some of the books we could not put down, but others made us a bit sleepy.
Thats a matter of opinion. and I think you know mine.
39. Daniel Radcliffe is doing pornografic musicals on Broadway and Robert Pattinson is singing and acting in other movies...who exactly got the better end of the deal?
Wrong again. All of robert's movies after twilight have flopped and been poorly rated. Daniel is in highly rated and anticipated movies, that are just as provocative as twilight. He is just exploring his acting abilities.
40. Sirius Black can turn into a great, black dog, Peter Pettigrew can turn into a rat, James Potter can turn into a stag, Remus Lupin a werewolf Rita Skeeter can turn into a beetle and Minerva Mcgonagall can turn into a cat. How scary is that?? Not at all. A Twilight shapeshifter would OWN them all :)
They aren't supposed to be scary you dumbass. They have better things to do with being shapeshifters.
41. The HP books are all depressing. Lots of good characters die, which isn't cool. And they're just full of violance, and ridiculous plans.
Twilight is full of violence. Good people die in real life. ITS REALISTIC FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. Unlike twilight.
42. Stephenie Meyer did her resarch and found a place like Forks so the vampires could be outside. JK just made one up.
Stephanie Meyer didn't use any originality or creativity. Unlike J.K. Rowling. I would go into that, but the only people worth talking to about this, already know it.
43. The sparkles are so unique and creative. They're not stupid.
No, they are stupid.
44. harry potter is too hard for a young child to read.
I managed and so did the rest of the world. I read it when I was 9. NEWSFLASH: YOU MAY JUST BE STUPID. And although Twilight may be easy to read, due to its simple and uninspired writing style, on WHAT earth would they be appropriate for young children?
45. Twilight is better because the books are written better and the characters bring more to the table for the readers.
Apparently Harry Potter is too hard for you so what would you know about good writing?
46. It's set in America.
Well it seems like you're running out of ideas.
America is essentially England. Because you are all just English immigrants. Unless you are native american. But we still created the english language and that is why it is called ENGLISH.
AND OF COURSE...................
Thank you for your time.
LEARN HOW TO SPELL. READ A BOOK MAYBE. GROW UP AND GET REAL.
Read more at ONTD: link