Hugh & Lisa ''It will all come out in the wash'', my HULI FANFICTION

ItalianHuddy posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 08:44PM
Here I am finally joining the club ;-) I've made up my mind to give it a shot and write a Huli FF myself...I've NEVER written a FF before in my life *lol* so please be good :-P naaaah just kidding, I want you to be honest...if you think I shouldn't go on just shoot it, kk? ;-) I haven't planned how long it's gonna be yet, I keep tweaking it in the process..
Ok enough blabbing...here we go!!

'Boarding the flight now. Hope they’ll let us land in NY. Letcha know! Xoxoxo’

Hugh flipped off his cell phone and slipped it into his jacket’s pocket, then got up and started to make his way to the gate. He handed his passport to the lady who couldn’t help smiling at the familiar face. He smiled back perfunctorily entering the plane and headed to the business class window seat marked on his boarding pass. He waited for all the passengers to get on board and since nobody came to sit next to him he leaned back in his seat and stretched out his legs, then closed his eyes and waited for the plane to take off from LAX.

Snow had been falling heavily for the past 7 hours in New York and Hugh hadn’t known till the very last moment whether he’d be able to leave. But the snow had let up a bit eventually and so plane had been given the green-light.

Lisa had been in constant touch with him all the while and kept him posted on the weather conditions. She had been in NY for a week now and was slated to leave on her exotic get-away in two days, December 23. Her vacation would surely be a far cry from his own, but then again their lives were different, worlds-apart, always had been.

The notion made Hugh shift uncomfortably in his seat while the flight attendant’s voice interrupted his train of thought and brought him back to reality. They were approaching JFK where they’d be landing in half an hour.

The airliner landed at 5.20 pm East time. Hugh peered out of the window: it was still snowing and the sky was overcast. He could tell that a wind was rising seeing how the snowflakes swirled in all directions. He had a connecting flight to London scheduled 6.40 pm which didn’t leave him much more than an hour. Once he reached the gate he picked out a fairly secluded row of seats and flopped down in one of them.

He took the phone out of his pocket and switched it back on to get an alert of a missed call from Lisa. He cracked a smile and promptly dialed her number.

The phone had barely rung twice when he heard the familiar squeaky voice: 'Heeeey, ‘r ya in NY?’

Something stirred inside him and a shiver ran down his spine. He talked to her everyday and yet she invariably had that effect on him. No matter how desolate he felt, his friend’s voice always managed to put a smile back on his face and warm him soul.

‘Heeey Liz, yep landed a few minutes ago! Saw your missed call, what’s up?’

'Oh good! 'Cause the weather is getting worse again…airports in London have been closed and blizzards are expected to hit NY and the East Coast through the night…Have you checked the flight board? What does it say?’ Lisa spoke fast, there was anticipation in her voice.

'Oh bloody hell! Nope haven’t checked anything yet…but wait, the board is just above here, hold on a sec…snap it’s already marking a delay, though it doesn’t say how much! Damn it!’ Hugh snorted with annoyance.

'Oh that’s booty…no wonder though. It’s a helluva awful weather out there in England. Guess you should go and ask, hopefully they’ll tell you more.'

'Yeah..K then I’ll call ya back and letcha know. Thanks for now…bye Liz'

'No prob! Fingers crossed..bye!'

As soon as he finished the call Hugh walked over to the information desk. There was a huge line and people seemed to be all worked-up. Reconciled to a long wait he joined the line, but ten minutes had barely passed when an announcement rang out over the loudspeaker: ‘We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but snowbound we’ve been forced to cancel numerous flights’- the voice rolled off a long list of destinations and London was amongst those- we’ll provide you with further information as soon as possible’.

‘Bummer. What am I gonna do now?’ Hugh muttered to himself. Almost as a reflex he found himself calling Lisa. The phone, however, rang off the hook and he felt a twinge of disappointment that he quickly brushed away. He needed to call Jo and let her know he wasn’t coming.

‘Hugh? I was just about to call you, all the airports are closed here!’ she said with a hint of concern in her voice.

‘Sorry I didn’t call you earlier but it’s been quite a hassle as you may easily guess...Pretty much all the flights have been cancelled so I’m stuck in NY. It’s stormy over here and they might soon close this airport as well. It seems there’s no way I’m gonna be able to fly out today…’

‘Yeah I figured…so what are you gonna do? It’s gone kinda late by now on your side too…’ Jo asked. It was kind of a rhetorical question as there wasn’t much for him to do other than spending the night in NY and wait it out.

‘I’m gonna ask for a hotel nearby, there’s plenty around here’ he said without hesitation. His answer or maybe the way he said that sounded rehearsed, but after all that is what he was going to do: look for a hotel.

‘Oh sure! Ok then, Hugh, I’m gonna go to sleep now…it’s quarter after 11 over here…’

‘Yeah, I’ll try to catch an early flight tomorrow. Not sure about the first part, but yeah I’ll definitely be home tomorrow sometime!’

‘Ok, I’ll talk to you in the morning then, bye!

‘Say good night to the kids, bye Jo’ No sooner had he hung up than his phone rang again. Hugh glared down at the display and checked the ID: it said Lisa.

‘Hey Hugh, sorry I didn’t pick up the call earlier but I’d to rush upstairs and forgot to bring the phone with me’ Lisa said apologizing to Hugh.

‘Oh no prob Liz, I figured. By the way…guess what? I’m snowed up!!! Geeze..all flights to London got cancelled so I’m stuck here till tomorrow’. He sounded thrown off.

‘Oh…I’m sorry dear…what a glitch!...’ she trailed off for an instant not sure whether to go ahead and make the offer… ‘Well the storm is getting worse and you don’t wanna run the risk to bunk at the airport, right? I’d say you hop into the first cab at the ready and come over to my place!’ There she was. The question was out.

Hugh & Lisa 41 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jeanne2M said…
heart
Yes Yes Yes!
over a year ago hughlisalove said…
smile
I'm glad you decided to write this fic :-) I really like this part. It seems so realistic, close to what might happen. I love sentence: "she trailed off for an instant not sure whether to go ahead and make the offer" that's how I imagine their relationship, friens who feel something more torward each other and are really secure, play safe as they are afraid to lose friendship, to scarafice it for more.
You should def continue! :-)
over a year ago playingcold said…
mischievous
Please, continue soon!
over a year ago nataselli said…
heart
A very nice start, please continue.
over a year ago Ladyluck523 said…
Great start Sil! I love how HL seems to think of LE first before Jo. It's so Huli :) Please continue!
over a year ago CJS-DEPPendent said…
big smile
Love it! Continue :D!
over a year ago huliana said…
smile
Great Silz! As hughlisalove said, sounds this one is going to be close to the Huli truth... Open us the door of Lisa's place in Ny soon, please!!!!
over a year ago ItalianHuddy said…
First off there's something I wanna say. I've already explained that on the Huli thread yesterday but I think I should write it here as well. The ONLY reason why I'm posting my FF on the forum rather than on the FF section is b/c I tried tons of times but for some reason FP didn't have none of letting me post there...:/ so I thought I could open a thread on the forum and post it there. Sorry but I had no choice...:/ Thought I should make it clear as I don't want the other FF writers to see it as unfair toward them :-)

THANK YOU my beloved sinners :-)) Hmmm..so...do you think he's gonna take up the invitation? :-P You'll find out soon!! XD Keep reviewing...those keep me going :-P
over a year ago karenpoland said…
heart
wont let me post,so trying again

Please, please you got to conitinue this.It ended too soon.We need to know what happens in Lisas' haha
Well done on your first fic Silz,Its great
mischievous
IF he actually gets there...*smiles devilishly*
Oh you can't do that to us now :-(
mischievous
You're one evil cunning woman! :D
over a year ago nataselli said…
worried
No!!!! you can't do that to us, NOW UPDATE please.
mischievous
:-D don't panic gals!! ... BTW I've always been on the writers' part LOL like the feeling XD I'll try to post the new chappie tomorrow!! Stick around and...don't lose hope! ;-)
Yep..I'm being a jerk, I know :-P
big smile
OK, I think I can wait tomorrow :)))
over a year ago Edithuddy said…
mischievous
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
"sex in new york" XDD

Continue =)
over a year ago Beatrix8520 said…
heart
I made it ;) It's a quarter past 1 and I am very sleepy but I had to finish this to catch up with the next one! Great job ItalianHuddy! I loved it ;)
over a year ago HugeEgoSorry said…
heart
Hahaha! What can I say? GOOD JOB Sil! I love this and this is a well written story! :)

Hope we get an update soon as well! Love this!
over a year ago Belle0308 said…
Good Job!! I like this!
CHAPTER 2

There was silence at both ends. Lisa held her breath. How on earth would she be so sassy? What on earth had gotten into her? She knew her offer would throw him off balance, no matter there were no hidden motives on her part in offering him to stay over. Or were there? Hugh was her friend and there was nothing wrong nor inappropriate in having him crash out at her place seeing that she was in NY. But then again there was something slightly off-key about her offer and she knew it. Conflicting thoughts flashed and raced each other relentlessly through her mind when a voice interrupted their course and snapped her back into reality.

‘Are you sure? You’re leaving in a couple of days Liz, I wouldn’t want to put you out…I could very well put up at a hotel in the airport area…’ Hugh said.

‘Actually there’s no many places I could go to in such a weather…and my house won’t be littered all over with clothes, I promise!’ She chuckled. ‘C’mon Hugh don’t be so formal!! We’re friends and I’m offering you a cozy friendly place to stay other than a dull hotel room. Period. No trouble at all!’. Did she actually say that? Anyway, there was no turning back now.

‘Oh well, if you put it that way…I’ll take you up on your offer!’ he finally said.

‘Now you’re speaking dude! Great, I’ll be waiting for you then in…hhm..half an hour I’d say? I’m gonna start cooking dinner meantime. Do you need me to text you my address?’ Lisa asked.

‘Oh nope thanks, it won’t be necessary, I still remember it. I’d better run and look for a cab then, before I get stuck at the airport for good- he joked- see you soon then, take care’.

‘K, you take care too, bye!’

Lisa stood frozen for at least two minutes and only the whistle of the tea kettle shook her out of her trance. Hugh had come around more than once in LA and even recently he’d stopped by to see her new house. Yet this time there seemed to be something different. But what was it? It was New York…and the fact that Hugh would be spending the night at her place…quite a difference indeed. ‘I still remember it’, his words echoed in her head and her skin prickled. He had never been to her place in NY… never since…Memories started flooding back and washed over her.

His promptness in accepting Lisa’s invitation had left him gobsmacked. It was so unlike him to throw himself in the thick of things without turning everything over and over in his mind and weighing up the situation from every angle. He was anything but a rash type. Yet there he was, on a yellow cab carefully plowing its way along the slushy NY’s streets.
Lisa had that effect on him, she always had. She dazzled his mind and turned him into a different person. She could have him do the most un-Hugh things had she wanted to. So much strong was her hold on him, he knew that and she knew it too. It had always been that way between them, most of the times at least. His mind drifted back to that one time where things hadn’t gone the usual way and his logic, his well damn logic, had gotten the upper hand of emotions. At those memories he felt his throat catch.

The car turned off East on to 77th Street and pulled up in front of a large elegant building, with a dark green canopy. As soon as he got off the cab the NY chilly air tingled his cheeks and the encroaching mist reminded him of his hometown. However, this was not London and the handsome building he was facing was Lisa’s house and not his own. He began poring over the ring panel to his right looking for Lisa’s name. When he finally saw her name on the tag he felt a twitch at the pit of his stomach. He closed his eyes, the opened them again and pressed the little knob beside her name. A few seconds later Lisa’s voice came on over the intercom.

‘Hugh? Come on up, 5th floor apartment 14!’.

He swallowed and pushed through the entrance door making his way to the elevator.

Soooo? How do you like it?? I know this chapter is short but it’s a filler of sorts and I needed it…don’t worry you’ll get long juicy chapters as well ;-) just be patient…LOL What happened some years ago? And what is it going to happen in Lisa’s apartment? Stay tuned :-P and flood me with your reviews!! I’m a rookie fic writer…I need a boost LOL
Hummmm, "I still remember it"!!!??? Funny. Im sure he uses half of his brain just for remembering Lisa's details... Keep it snowy please, dont let them get out of that apartment in a week!!!!!!!!!
I want flashback from last time he was in her NY condo! Please! :-) Can't wait to read more.
heart
please post soon! i love this fic! :)
Very good and keep going please. We can all use the entertainment!!
heart
I love this.
I would love more please:-)
Glad you liked it guys...I'll post the next chappie after the GGs...LOL stick around!!
@huliana 'keep it snowy' hahaha who knows...? Weather is unpredictable *winks winks*
@Al ya wanna know, huh?
@ Karen 'Hugh is taking is time to get to Lisa's apartment' you cracked me up!!
Yay! More fic! :)
I can't wait til they're in her apartment ;)
big smile
After the GGs? That will be in the morning in my timezone but what a fantastic way to start the day :))) Also with Hugh winning GG and some REAL Huli-moments ;D
over a year ago Huddylove4ever said…
big smile
It took my so long to read this but I'm really happy I did. It is great Sil! I can't wait to read the rest...correction, don't make me wait to read the rest hehe. Write woman! Write!
over a year ago HugeEgoSorry said…
big smile
Whew! Why did you cut it off there! Hahaha! I like where this is heading to. lols.. Hmm... please tell me Lisa's condo has no spare room. lols
Hey guys! Thank you so much for your lovely raving reviews…I’m blushing…Sorry for delay but something cropped up and prevented me from posting the next chapter as soon as I’d promised. So yeah Hugh got to her apartment at last…let’s see what happens! LOL
I'm gonna have to split this chapter in two posts as it doesn't let me post it as one...to hell with FP!!!!

''He swallowed and pushed through the entrance door making his way to the elevator.''

CHAPTER 3
The elevator’s doors swung open and he saw Lisa standing in front of him, her back leaning against the doorframe. She was wearing a baggy jogging suit whose light-blue color was only a shade darker than her eyes and just enough to make them show up. She had her hair in a pony-tale and only a fine layer of glittering whitish eye-shadow on. And yet she looked preternaturally beautiful.

‘Welcome to New York, Sir! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay!’ Lisa said jokingly and her face lit up with the broadest smile. That
smile. It would always make him dizzy and cause his heart to skip a beat and he always found himself smiling back to cover up the awkwardness that got hold of him.

‘Hey gorgeous!’ Hugh said pulling her into a hug and pecking her on her cheek.
The contact with his body sent a thrill through Lisa and she wondered if he could feel that. ‘So this is my favorite turf!’ she winked. ‘That’s where I hide myself away whenever I feel down in the dumps or just want to take a break from it all. I like to think of it as a refuge of sorts!’ she said while leading the way through the hall to the living room. The apartment was cozy and had a pleasant feeling to it, just as Hugh remembered it. He wheeled his suitcase to one side and headed to the kitchen where Lisa had quickly slid to start off on dinner. He pulled out a stool and plopped himself down leaning his elbows on the marble counter and propping his head up on them. Without saying a word his eyes began following her busying herself in the kitchen. He was waiting for her to turn around and meet his gaze.

‘What?’ Lisa said cocking an eyebrow.

‘What was all that introducing me to your apartment about?’ he asked, his eyes boring into hers. ‘I’ve already been here actually…can’t believe you forgot that’ he said with a puzzled expression on his face.
Lisa stepped closer to the counter and leaned over a bit to look him straight in the eye. Her skin was silky and a strand of hair had escaped from her pony-tale and hung loosely on her face. Their faces were just a few inches from each other and he could feel her breath on his face. This woman made him lose his mind and being so close to her was dicey.

‘What would make you think I forgot?’ she quipped and let her words linger between them for a few seconds. ‘It’s past history, Hugh. We put it behind us. Thought we’d better start afresh’ and with that she grew pensive for an instant and then spun around pretending to check on the soup simmering on the stove.
Silence fell on the room. None of them dared to speak afraid of where this conversation might lead them to. Finally Lisa piped up: ‘So care for some asparagus soup?’. She was determined to change the subject and break the impasse their conversation had come to.

‘Oh not really..’ Hugh said faking a guilty look. He felt both relieved and disappointed that she’d wriggled out of the delicate topic.

‘You don’t like my soup, do you?’ Lisa said feeling glad that he’d taken the bait and was now playing along. They gazed at each other knowingly before both of them burst out laughing. Veggies had done the trick: she knew he was not a fan of them and joking about it had provided her with a loophole to ease the tension and break the awkwardness that had been weighing on them since he got there. They were good sports as a rule and had tons of fun together bantering and playfully teasing each other all the time. They were the best of friends and they would trust each other with their lives. They had hit it off immediately and from the very first day a special bond had set up between them which had only grown stronger through the years. They’d learned to know each other to the extent of reading the other’s mind and soul. Unawares they’d grown into a single mold.

‘Sure I like your asparagus soup, Liz, as a matter of fact my mouth is watering just now…-he joked still catching his breath- too bad I pigged out at the airport…to kill time, ya know…’

‘Yeah yeah, sure’ she said pulling a face and turning her back on him pretending to take huff.
Hugh then stood up from the stool silently and with a swift leap he sneaked up on her and tickled her armpits. She jumped with a start and let out a cry and quickly raised an arm to hit him with her hand but he’d already sneaked away and was now standing beside the couch. Before she could do or say anything a cushion landed on her face and the room resounded with Hugh’s laughter. Lisa clenched her fists and darted him a retaliatory glance and next thing they knew they’d engaged themselves into a pillow fight chasing each other all around the living room like two big kids. All of a sudden a phone rang startling them and bringing their childish fun to an abrupt halt.

So who’s on the phone?? But most importantly whose phone is ringing?? I know I know I’m evil…I’m keeping you on tenterhooks LOL but that’s what keeps you coming back :-P so hit me with your reviews!!!
Love it, love it! H and L dealing with their past is a great idea. The huge thing is their past, has not really passed... and here they are again...
over a year ago Jeanne2M said…
mischievous
You're devil!
mischievous
Please continue very soon! :D
smile
Nice one! But you're evil indeed! Why? Let's say that I forgive you this cliff hanger BUT how could you STILL did not tell us what happened last time in her apartament? I have suspicions and I want flashback to confirm them! Pretty pretty please...
Hmmm...I should just wait til these are complete, but I never learn. Great job! ; )
haha sorry guys for leaving you hanging LOL But the longer you wait for something the more you'll enjoy it in the end...and you know that too :-P
@Al hmm you'll find out more in the next chapter even though it won't be what you're thinking...actually yes...just not the way you're probably having it figured it out in your mind :-P I know I'm being cryptic LOL But I promise you'll enjoy the next chappie :-))

Thanks to all of you :-)))
laugh
*tap tap* Uh Sil....you know you're gonna have an angry mob of fangirls stalking you if you don't update soon right? XD
over a year ago Lisa4Hugh said…
mischievous
Great story. I love snow and HuLi (:C
Impatiently waiting for the next chapter ;)
over a year ago huddyislove said…
smile
I finally found some time to read this!
It's good so far :)
I wonder where it goes from this point :)