Indiana Jones SPOILER! What did you think of the movie??!!!

thecon posted on May 22, 2008 at 09:13PM
Just seen it a few hours ago, and I'm still digesting it now. Overall I think i'm happy with it, but there are niggles that I know won't go away.... like Mutt swinging through the Amazon rainforest, I could have done without that. Also wasn't liking when the skulls kind of 'merged' into the live Alien, that was a little too much.

I know people are gonna go at this movie saying "Aliens! Really? That's not very believable! AND a spaceship?!!! WTF?!" But it's no more unrealistic than a box made of gold that melts faces, or a cult leader removing a heart without any surgical equipment, or a cup that brings ever lasting life; you always have to check reality at the door for an Indy movie, that's an important thing to remember with this movie.

I loved the ending too... nicely capped off with Indy's line.... "Gold translates as treasure. Knowledge was their treasure." That completely won me over and reigned in the moment, and the movie, with something that was just pure Indy. Knowledge is his treasure too.

Can't wait to see it again!

What did the rest of you think?
last edited on May 23, 2008 at 09:18AM

Indiana Jones 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago loner614 said…
I had been waiting for this movie, Since I heard they were making it, And The Indiana Jones trilogy had been by far my favorite. I had seen everyone of the previous movies in the theater, I can still remember seeing Raider`s with my grandmother When I was 10 years old. To this day, It is by far my favorite movie. I had read alot of the early reviews from cannes and on a few blogs about the upcoming Indy flick,Things like Harrison Ford being too old, Shia Labeouf`s charachter, But I went to see it with an open mind,Wondering where this would fit amongst the three other Indy films...

Like I said, I am a DIE HARD Indy fan, But this wasn`t what I expected at all. ALEINS!?!?!?!?! I mean come on... This isn`t Star Trek or Close Encounters... This is Freakin INDIANA JONES! He`s supposed to be combing the world for historical artifacts, Not discovering Flying Saucers...

I liked the fact that they brought Marion back, And Shia`s charachter was cool, And despite his age Harrison Ford kicked ass, But in my opinion much like it`s happned before and will continue to happen... Hollywoods lust for money, Has killed yet another soild franchise. What was ended so perfectly by Indy riding off into the sunset with "The Last Crusade" was destroyed by What should have been called Idiana Jones and The Men from Mars... The worst of the four, In my opinion
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TheLostBrotha said…
When watching the trailer by freeze frame (LOL! I'm that weird), I saw the little peek of Cate Blancette's glasses attracting to the Alien's 'coffin'. I found out it was gonna have some kind of Sci Fi element to it because on the coffin it says ROSWELL. By then I thought the fourth installment will be very different.

In my opinion Indiana Jones is still a trilogy and this one is a movie within its self. I didn't hate it but I just think that George Lucas is stubborn and just wanted Aliens in it.

Here are my PROs of the film:
Good Casting, Perfectly rendered surroundings,
The sound and Harrison Ford
Here are my CONs of the film:
The CGI, The Baddies, Ray Wineston and Aliens.

Above everything else, Indy is back and I did like the movie, but I would only recommend it to people who have seen all the trilogy because you will not understand who some of the people are!
over a year ago csi_lost_fan33 said…
LOVED IT!

shia was amazing in the movie too!
over a year ago layla_14 said…
I loved the movie there was nothing wrong with it at all! Loved it! it was the best one, I'm going to see it again!!!!
over a year ago jameswilson said…
I saw it this afternoon and I really liked it.
I thought the dialogue was a little weak and sometimes cheesy.
And I didn't particularly care for the wedding at the end, or the freakin aliens - that was a little much.

But other than that it was cool and I loved Shia and Harrison Ford together.
over a year ago loulouppg said…
I think the aliens was an intersting touch. Its futureristic and we are seeing the future of the jones family so it sort of fits.
over a year ago zuntiz said…
I liked how they brought back Marion, I like how she and Indy continued to bicker about everything.
The alien thing surprised me, but it wasn't so bad.
Even if the first three are better, I think I will see this movie more than once, because it's Indiana Jones.