L Hating Light.

BeB posted on Jul 30, 2009 at 01:36AM
For those of you who LIKE L AND Light imagay I have one question... HOW?! If you like Light then shouldn't you dislike L? And if your just netrual about him then your not really an L fan. I'm not trying to say anything mean, but how? If you like L then shouldn't you HATE Light for killing him in such a cruel manner? If your a yaoi supporter for them then you probably would like it if Light never became Kira. But if not then anwser this: How can you love a person of perfection who killed pure innocence? Please tell me. That is all.
For those of you who LIKE L AND Light imagay I have one question... HOW?! If you like Light then shou

L 35 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BeB said…
cool
Now if you like them both just tell me how? Light killed L, it doesnt matter why, it matter WHO because what did L do? Besides being justice. Light killed his only true friend. Now the world might go into chaos. But luckliy L has his succser Near. THATS ALL WHOSE LEFT!!! Light killed Beyond Birthday, Mihael Keehl, Mail Jeevas (well it was his fault/Kiras) and our L LAWLIET! How could you even like him after that! Alright now I'm not mad at L&Light fans, just Light. And curious.So please tell me how? Thanks and bye.
Now if you like them both just tell me how? Light killed L, it doesnt matter why, it matter WHO becau
over a year ago Dearheart said…
First of all, I see where you're coming from...but I think you're taking all this a little too seriously. Death Note is a fictional show with fictional characters, and I personally think it IS possible to like both the hero and the villain of a story. Just because someone feels neutral about Light doesn't mean they aren't a "true L fan" or whatever. You might not be able to understand how, necessarily, but it's not something to agonize over too much. Everyone's preferences are different, whether we get it or not; and no one really has the right to decide who is or isn't a "true fan" of L. As far as I'm concerned, the true fans are anyone and everyone who loves and appreciates his wonderful character. =)

Having said all that, both Light and L are extremely intriguing and complex characters...but L's always been my homie. I always root for the good guys...especially if they're the quirky genius type. ^__^ I wouldn't say I HATE Light, but I'm definitely against him. I actually feel more sorry for him than anything else. I've always thought of the Death Note as somewhat similar to the Ring (from Lord of the Rings). One could say that the Death Note corrupted Light; he fooled himself into thinking he could make the perfect world, but in the end he lost his mind.
over a year ago Neliei said…
I like L but I hate Light for killing L.I hate him!!!
over a year ago Thousand_Stars said…
angry
I'll bet ALL of you have guessed by now from previous rants how much I. HATE. LIGHT. YAGAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and, yes, I AM taking this a bit too seriously! That's just the way I am. :3) FROM THE PIT OF MY HEART, I LOATHE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DESERVED TO BE SHOT VIOLENTLY TO DEATH BY MATSUDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!! HE DESERVED WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ACTING LIKE L'S FRIEND THEN BACKSTABBING HIM (omigosh... no pun intended... !!!!SOBSOBSOBSOB!!!!) FOR ACTING LIKE HE LOVED MISA, THEN BACKSTABBING HER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THINKING OF HIMSELF AS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR JUST BEING THE MURDERER HE IS, I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago crazy_anime said…
big smile
at the first time i sew light i loved him cuz i always pick the bad guys i love the idea of somebady get killed or killing others but when in sew L i start to live him more then light i didnt known why i loved him but i did and by the time i hate light ( i hate him more than anyone i seen in the world ) but at the same time i falt soo sorry 4 him and sadness i didnt know why but i did and still do ..... it’s natural that anybady feel the same why 4 2 people even if they were aneme to each other it’s maybe get’s them excited or i dont know but thats the true and u have to accept it >>>>>
tongue
Yuuuup I kinda liked Light until like until L got in the universty! He was like a punk against L!!! L rocks <333 LIGHT SUCKS. GO L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so serious XD
~B
Yuuuup I kinda liked Light until like until L got in the universty! He was like a punk against L!!! L
over a year ago itachifan1 said…
link <<<<<< JOIN THE ANTI LIGHT SPOT!!!!
over a year ago itachifan1 said…
I have always hated light
over a year ago jessez96 said…
When I First Read The Series He Was My #1 Favorite Character Of All Time....AND STILL IS!!!!!
over a year ago GVentola said…
Yaoi fans seem to look for strange and unusual pairings. But, alas, being handcuffed together does not a loving couple make. Although there was a funny comic strip video on it on you tube by sonicring or something like that.
L is cute and Light is handsome, but he's so evil that his good looks wipe right off on me. I find it fascinating when characters I dig die (thus I often find myself watching on You Tube AMV's featuring L's death scene. At first he looks horrified, but then it's like he gives in to a peaceful sleep.) But I also like Light's death because it avenges L (and countless other people, but mostly L). Revenge never was so sweet. Hurrah for Near, for nailing Light. And hooray for the former joke of the police force, Matsuda, my second fave character, for shooting Light. (Hope Matsuda didn't get in trouble for that.)
over a year ago GVentola said…
POST SCRIPT: I suppose L is a character to love(I know I do) and Light is a character one loves to hate.
over a year ago lightningpelt said…
cake
Actually...
Beyond Birthday didn't die, he only used Kira as a cover story so that everyone would assume that he was dead when he escaped from prison.
... Mello and Matt really died (TT-TT) and are currently in heaven...
And L NEVER DIED!! Rem died before she could finish writing his name (since she wrote Watari's and presumably some other people's names first) but when L heard Watari fall and knew that he was dead, he decided to use the opportunity as a test for Light. Light, of course, failed this test, but L didn't want to lose the advantage he gained by being presumed dead.
Seriously, has anyone ever noticed that in the manga (the original story, before the anime) no one but Soichiro sees the body? And Soichiro totally would have gone along with L's plan!
That's how Near learned things so quickly; L was helping him from the shadows.
Also, the original title for the final chapter was going to be "Black Curtain" which traditionally means that someone was hiding behind the scenes, manipulating things. But the creators scrapped that title at the last minute. I do believe that that pretty much proves my point: they were originally planning on bringing L back! That's why there was never any physical evidence of his death in the manga!
Light... I still hate him. He betrayed his only friend. But I find it so sad... I love him when he doesn't have his memories... if only he had never found the Death Note...
In conclusion...
L is now living on a privet island, probably munching on cake and sipping tea even as I type this. ^^
Fangirls rejoice. x3
=^^=
... Its ridiculous how much time went into concocting this explanation...
=^^;=
over a year ago Animeanimal said…
crying
Because they both are only human! They both are created equal, and Light just drove himself insane. He tried to make himself believe that he was doing the right thing. The truth is in the beginning he really did feel bad about the two criminals he killed.If you do take sides aren't you missing the point? And besides isn't the whole idea of Death Note to show people that Justice is to be left up to the "man" and if you try to judge on your own, yes even in the case of "L", that you will pay the price? I think FMA describes this too.
L X Light forever!!!
p.s. They are NOT a wierd couple, remember L knew Light was Kira. He definately knew, and yet in the end he just let him go. He knew he would be killed by Light and he didn't care...Light was also his only friend...
Light also has "flashes of humanity" as I like to call them. He has moments when Kira sops interfering and he actually has emotional breakdowns. When "L" died was one of the times...
My message is this...Dont hate Light or L....I LOVE them both and, yes, it is for real!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago madening_mahem said…
smile
Like I saids beforedids, I choose to be human over killing Light.
ENJOY THIS PIC I FOUND!!!!!!!ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!
Like I saids beforedids, I choose to be human over killing Light.
ENJOY THIS PIC I FOUND!!!!!!!ENJOY
over a year ago Imanza said…
I think it's possible to like both L and Light. As someone has already pointed out, they're both only human. Not even L can be described as "pure innocence", in fact even he acknowledges that him and Light/Kira aren't all that different. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that they both had a strong idea of justice they would defend to the death, L and Light could have been pretty good friends (or maybe even lovers, but that's a different point entirely). That's the tragedy of it: L and Light were the perfect intellectual couple, two halves of a whole, but because they were fighting for opposing ideas they became mortal enemies instead. You could also argue that Light was truly L's friend, but Kira wasn't, and that at the very end of the anime when L's spirit appears before Light dies, this could either be a symbol that L "won" in the end, OR it could be a sign that L hasn't abandoned Light and is there to make sure he doesn't die alone.
over a year ago UndeadDarling said…
I'd say it's possible to like both because their both fictional and such. You're kinda taking this too seriously. I like both characters, although I like L a thousand times more. As said previously, they both believe in justice and that their cause is righteous. I hated that Light killed L, I just don't hate Light.
over a year ago Trainofdoom said…
sad
I hate Light because he killed* L. End of story
*Indirectly but it was him all the same!!!!
over a year ago Lismyhero said…
crying
Why did he have to die?
over a year ago Sammisaurus said…
I like both of them. The show would be nothing without one of them, and I love how they are very similar in the way they think.
mischievous
>_> for people who say some of us are 'taking it too seriously', cant we be passionate about something? Like they say 'I hate _____ with PASSION'! If you dont like what you read, theres a wittle device that shows a arrow that usual directs you to go back, please click it and not be a meanie bo beanie :3 And over the year I've lost touch with this club, but dont get me wrong! I love L! And I still hate Light, but mainly not hate actually... but pity. I believe when we die we go to whatever religion there is. Light believed theres MU, L believed there had to be better place than this world. In the end... not just through Mello and Near, L won through his heart and soul. I'm just being a passionate fangirl, cant sue me or change my mind so just enjoy :)
over a year ago Nini97 said…
big smile
you also have to understand that people think differentally.. for ex.. i LOVED light while he had no memories! he was as sweet as L but with his memories he was a phsyco! you are talking about parings that are totally made up... EVERYTHING about them is, most of LXLight are when light is 'good' or normal... also you cant say that someone is not a true L fan just becouse they dont DESPISE light!i love L maby even more that you do, i cried when he died, i was furious at Light, rem and misafor killing him!i even hated near for a while cuz he was in L's place!but I agree with Light's belife of getting rid of the world's evil, his methoud on the other hand i am totaly against... I dont hate Light i have pity on him, but i like him... i love L with passion as you all do(wich is great!!) but you have to get to lights POV he wanted the samething L wanted, he just chose the wrong methouds

.... haha! i totaly got side trakted in my little paragraph there! haha!for the record i love L, Matt, Mello, Near(sometimes) THEN Light...
over a year ago zzEvilAngelzz said…
hmmm
Well... This is a complex world. Nothing is exactly correct you know, also the hating/loving. I mean... You can love someone, but also can hate them at the same time; or why does some people can love someone so madly, even when they treated them like shit ? Sometimes I just wanna slap Light for all his crimes, but sometimes I feel sorry for him. I'm not sure if you can get my point, but that's all I wanna say.
over a year ago IndahArifallah said…
Becoming L fans doesn't mean i hate Light. L is such nice-awesome guy and of course he shoudn't die with that way. But if you're talking about "How Light can kill L", it's just another thing. Light has his own thoughts about world and crime. And he doesn't even think about friend for sure. Well, at the end Light had a payment for his ALL ACTIONS. I love L but i don't even think to hate Light. That's all.
over a year ago SnapeSoulmate said…
smile
Hear hear, lightningpelt!! Hahah I LOVE your way of thinking! Brilliant!

A pfffft. Raito can go die in a hole. >> I would love to see Beyond give him the hemorrhaging he so richly deserves lol xD

Yipe, there does the Dark Passenger again.

To the OP; don't take it so seriously.. Fans will hate the characters, fans will adore characters.. It's full circle. People hate the very guts of Light because he defies L, but that's the character's role, you'll learn to hate characters who withhold the potential nature that you obviously can't stand... And that's just the mere art of character's.. ;) Some of them, you just simply LOVE to hate.

As for the very general character in Death Note; it's evil that crippled his mind and slaughtered his emotional strength on the very good will he actually had beforehand. I actually think he's a pretty cool dude when he doesn't have any memory over the Death Note whatsoever. But ya'know... Him with obtaining those powers.. He went all "OMGIMJESUS" and, you know. e.e I missed innocent Light. =<

Hear hear, lightningpelt!! Hahah I LOVE your way of thinking! Brilliant!

A pfffft. Raito can go die
over a year ago Ryuzakiluver18 said…
i don't hate Light and by the way Misa was a total bitch and she is the reason why L died, Rem killed him
over a year ago SnapeSoulmate said…
^ If it weren't for Light, Rem wouldn't have been manipulated into doing it.
over a year ago ILoveL2 said…
You are soo right SnapeSoulmate!
over a year ago YannCookie said…
smirk
I don't hate Light, I hate what he did. No point hating the main character as you gotta put up with him throughout the anime. Besides he's my second favourite. I find both characters interesting and have a love/hate thing going on with Light. But L is just love/love. :) It's sad what happened to him and still refuse that it's 100% true. There's a perfectly logical explanation of what really went on and L still lives. ;p
over a year ago Knight_Sentinel said…
I'm a Light fan but I still like L. He was an excellent rival for Light, and he was much more interesting and likeable than Near or Mello. But having said that, the fact remains that they were RIVALS, out to kill each other. But personally my opinion is that if the creators were determined to have Light lose, then it would have been better for L to be the one to do it, like in the live-action version.
over a year ago I-Luv-L said…
lol I don't hate Light he's cool and stuff even my second choice for a boy friend but i like L better and Mello!!!
over a year ago Jenjen_bunny said…
Why did Light have to become a sadistic bastard!? D: TT TT Oh the irony in this young man's name~ ;A;

I believe that L is the true good guy. I don't hate Light, but I definately don't like him... I probably just really dislike him... He kind of disgusts me a little too...

And this is just a fictional story... I don't see why everyone should get so riled up about it....
over a year ago izzah25 said…
Light can get a little too into killing people sometimes... e.o He gets the crazy eyes~...

*in Prussia's voice* L IS AWESOME, LIGHT IS NOT~. ^ ^ Okay, happy end. *floats away*
over a year ago Alchemistlover said…
Light is really a jerk in my opinion. He doesn't truly care for anyone but himself a leats L seems to care about others and has a great personality.
over a year ago DoctorDeshima said…
I like L, but I don't hate Light. I think Light is an amazing antagonist and L is a great conflict. They are so similar it's scary, but yet so different that they can still dislike each other. I think it's strange how Light seems to kind of look up to L, like on one of the last episodes he insults Near saying that L is much smarter. L is amazing, but without Light, there's not much for him to fight for. In the beginning, I kind of had a crush on Light. Then I saw how horrible he'd become. I cried when L died, but just got depressed when Light did.
over a year ago hetalianstella said…
Why is it so shocking to like both L and Light? .__. And how am I any less of an L fan simply because I like both? Really, I think you're taking this way too seriously.
L is my most favorite anime character ever. And while I prefer him a million times more than Light, I still like Light. No, I don't agree at all with what he's doing. And I don't like the fact that he killed L. But I simply think he's interesting. He has some very unique qualities that are unlike many other anime characters I've seen. His god complex is interesting. His intelligent and the way his mind works is interesting. Yes he's evil and insane, but that's not a reason for me to dislike him. I was beyond sad when L died~ But it's apart of Light's character to hate him and want to kill his enemies. What about all of the other completely innocent people that were killed because of Light? Do they matter? Does anyone give a damn about them? Of course not~....Because it's fictional. If L had proven Light was Kira and had him executed, imagine how many Light fangirls would be going, "How could you like L?!" It's the same concept. I mean, Light is the main character of the series. Throughout the entire show he is shown more than anyone else. This is just me, but if I have to see and get to know a character that much, I might as well come to like them~