LGBT Getting It Out

Stopwatch_fan posted on Jun 19, 2008 at 01:41AM
Sitting on my bed at home never felt the same after I came out. I was always afraid that someone would stomp in and try to scare the 'gayness' outta me. I was a lot, am a lot, younger then people I know when they came out. Nobody took me seriously, and everyone frowned upon it. My mom is very supportive and so are all my friends. My step-mom is nice about it and supports whatever I do. My dad gets a bit awkward when the subject comes up and that bugs me. I'm more like my dad and we're friends more then hes my dad. It just sucks.
I know this is sounding more like an article but I just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem or its just me!?

LGBT 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago robertchaseicu said…
Well, I'm not gay but I am bi, I've told a lot of my friends about it and they treat me the same way (well, the one I've actually seen). I'm too scared to come out and tell my family and such. I know that they would be supportive but it wouldn't feel the same. I'm just not sure what to do. I mean, it's not like I'm just gonna walk up to my mom and tell her I'm bi or something. I'm just not sure if I'm ever gonna tell them because I'm not sure how they would react, I'm too shy to ask them if I can go to the park or library or something with a friend, it's just really awkward and it'll be even more so after I come out. For me the supportiveness would be a problem, because everything would be about that. My parents would make me see councillors and everything and I would hate it, I just want them to act like nothing has changed.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Stopwatch_fan said…
I'm bi too...after I re-read my post I realised that came off as my being gay...weird. But I get your point. I wasn't really asked outof the closet I was pushed out. I hated it. I'm happy your friends are supportive of you. Thats I'll I'm worried about. My family is my family. You can't change who they are. And as for coming out to them, I think you should ask a few questions. Hint around the subject a little. Be very subtle about it, and then maybe you;'ll come to find out that they aren't at all freaked out or that they woundn't really send you to a councelor
over a year ago robertchaseicu said…
Yeah, thanks, after reading that I felt better about it, and you're right. I'm just worried about some things changing that I really don't want to change. I'm also scared that someone will try to beat it out of me and I pretend that (and this may sound wierd) Sweeney Todd is around every corner, just out of sight, and he's ready to leap out and slit the throat of anyone who does. It's kind of stupid really but it works for me! I imagine he's standing outside my door at night or something.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago hou0060 said…
Um, what?
I am beginning to come out verrrrrrrry slowly, I just told someone that I'm bi today, the first person ever. ANd I feel so good because I chose my bestest friend who is super-supportive and awesome and she doesn't act different around me. And she understands what I say when I am a bit wierded to come out to my rents. I think they won't... not won't believe me, but will think I can't be right, I can't know because I am a teenager. I know, fyi.
over a year ago Lightning_Luis_ said…
it happened to me too, some of my friends stopped talking to me when I told them i was gay,but my mom and dad are very supporttive. and of course so is my partner. soon everyone will support you. it just takes time for it to sink in.(this is really late i bet its already sunken in ^^;)
over a year ago Elizewyn said…
big smile
Some of my friends told me "yeah i know" lol
So i guess that was pretty obvious that i wasn't straight...
And some others said "ok, cool" lol
I love my friends ^^