Merlin on BBC Major 4x13 spoilers

mereditlady posted on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:10AM
I worked on the show during series 4. After reading a mix of comments about the weekend’s episode, I want to comfort some people’s fears. Gwen is not gone for good, she comes back in episode 11, and marries Arthur in the final episode of the current series. I doubt anyone else from the show comes here so I don’t feel uncomfortable breaking my contract to give away the final scenes of the series. I hope anyone with doubts about the show sticks with it. Lancelot IS dead this time, but there is a lot of epic stuff ahead, going into next series and maybe even beyond, I hear.

Series 4 ends with Helios, a new character, and Agravaine betraying Morgana after they help her take Camelot. While Arthur fights and kills Helios in the council chambers, Agravaine stabs Morgana in the back and she manages to get him in the chest. Arthur, Gwen, Merlin, Isolde and Tristan watch as Morgana says with her last breath that all she wanted was for those like her to be able to live in peace. As their first act after their wedding, Arthur and Gwen vow to make changes to the banishment of magic.

The last scene of the episode is actually four different scenes. The crowning of Queen Gwen by King Arthur. Morgana wakes in Avalon, told by the new sidhe elders that it was her destiny to return the old ways and she did: Magic will no longer be banned. They tell her she has a greater purpose now: To become the Queen of Avalon. But her test to prove she is worthy will be to seek out those she wronged and find their forgiveness, though she will be tempted not to along the way. The scene ends with Morgana waking up on and gasping “Mordred!” as someone comes up to her to help her up. Arthur enters his chambers to find Merlin waiting. Merlin takes a long, seemingly endless moment and then recites a spell, a flame burning in his hand. Arthur reacts with shock and the familiar “Merlin will return” hits the screen.

Series 5 will be set many years later, using flashbacks throughout to explain how things became as they did. All the cast will be back, with Miranda and Ben joining as regulars.
last edited on Nov 29, 2011 at 09:35AM

Merlin on BBC 37 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago AmyofCamelot said…
Thanks for the preview
over a year ago healingsprings said…
surprise
WOOWWW!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
over a year ago SpritedAway said…
Thanks for sharing. I'm horrified. This is the final strew if true. I've had enough with this series. Season 4 is a total waste. Everything the other seasons built has been destroyed. I will not watch season 5 if this is the new direction. It's stupid and a poor version of a great source like the legends. Mr. Capps pull this and you just lost another fan.
over a year ago April80s said…
hmmm
Lol, wow that really was the definition of spoilers!

Call me cynical but I guess time will tell if they're true.

Thanks of course for sharing.

Do you have any gossip regarding season 5-where can the Gwen and Arthur story really go from here now?
over a year ago morgause said…
If this is on the up and up, I'd really appreciate some answers regarding a few things not explained in this suggested leak.

1. Excalibur - Where does The Sword and The Stone fit in during the final? We were told that was a story that would be used.

2. Who is playing Mordred? Is the actor seen or kept off-screen.

3. The Knights. Beyond Tristan and Isolde there is no mention of the other 'knights' Gwaine, Elayn, Percival, and Leon. What is their role?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago MISAforever said…
Sorry but i don't buy this
over a year ago addictedm said…
sorry but I don't believe it, why a person who worked on the show would spoil all his work like this?? it doesn't make any sense to me.
over a year ago mereditlady said…
addictedm, I'm a her not a him. I do understand why you don't believe the spoilers are legit, but rest assure after December 24 when the series finale airs you will see all this is. I worked on the show from March to November. I was no longer working for the show when I posted this information. That doesn't mean it was right of me, or that I didn't take a bit of a risk. However, after seeing all the negative comments across various social media following last weekend's episode, I wanted to try and cheer up, at least some of the fans somewhere. I understand people have a right to speak out and not like everything, however after working on such a fine quality production for almost a year, some tend to take a lot of pride in their work and want people to love it as much as they do. If giving some big things away is the way to do it, it is worth it.
SpritedAway, just curious how is moving closer to the legends a bad thing? Mordred and Morgana teaming up, the magic reveal, Morgana and Avalon, Arthur finally pulling Excalibur from the stone. All from the legends.

April80s, the only details I have about series 5 are the bits that were told, that I posted in the first post, during the editing process of 4x1 and 4x2. The only bit I left out is Morgana's vision where Emrys confronts her, as of August was supposed to be repeated at the start of series 5. If I did know more, I actually think I'd hold it back now, realizing maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
morgause, if you did not read the second post those things were answered already. Perhaps not clearly, so yes Excalibur does have a big involvement. Leon and company stay in Ealdor to protect it from an attack. Mordred will appear in person.
over a year ago ArthurianTardis said…
hmmm
Mereditlady, I'd be pretty pleased if these spoilers were true, I'd like them to be true. But I'm skeptical about them... Can you provide links to authentic spoilers posted by you about series 4 before they were broadcast?
over a year ago WilddeorenRider said…
MERLIN PRODUCER Sara Hamill says this is "RUBBISH" link
over a year ago morgause said…
mereditlady, I did read the second post, several times in fact. xD There was no mention of The Sword in The Stone or the actor playing Mordred. Asa Butterfield has said he is not in Merlin, thus it would be a new actor, which is why I asked. Assuming Sara Hamill is correct it seems there's a big 'if' factor on these spoliers. It's not to be rude to you, mereditlady because I give you the benefit of the doubt... still on the internet it's hard to know what is real and what is not.
over a year ago WilddeorenRider said…
MERLIN PRODUCER Sara Hamill says this is "RUBBISH"
www.twitter.com/sarajhamill
over a year ago JaMajka18 said…
1. Why Agravaine is plotting against Morgana? He was in love with her!
2. Is Morgause will be back?
WilddeorenRider, of course she is going to deny. Her superiors and herself don't want people to know before the episode airs. Feel free to doubt me if you want, on 12.24.11 you will see these spoilers are the real thing.
hmmm
I'm actually leaning towards believing you mereditlady and if I'm wrong then so what as frankly it'll hardly be the first time! Lol.

Obviously you can't give away what you actually have to do with the show but I'd love for you to answer these question's please?

What are the actor's really like like?

What do they think of their fan-bases?

Will you be working on series five?

What what/is the penalty in your contract for disclosing information about the show?

Sidebar. I just read over some of your earlier responses and I noticed that you've spelled the world "realise" with the letter "z" and you've written the date in an "American format". Lol, it's probably nothing way too much Mrs Maple!

April80s, not working on series five, moved on to another project. It was a good series, they are a lovely bunch. Consider how much stuff gets out from the castle during the blocks and they aren't as strict about it as most productions, even though they have to say they can't reveal any details and most of the crew who are on the net don't. If it were Doctor Who, BBC would bring out the cross and nails.

Way too much Miss Marple for you. I spell like an American because I spent most my childhood in America and got use to their spellings and formats. Contrary to what some believe, working on a British show does not equal someone having to forsake years of habits and learning. Otherwise some of the French extras would not have jobs since some of them know little to no English.

morgause, I did mention excalibur/the sword in the stone in the second post, was there from the start not edited in later. Not sure how you missed it. I do understand why you are hesitant to believe me so I'll say wait for the episode to air, you will see the spoilers are correct. Sara isn't going to admit they are, nobody is for good reason. I think it is funny she calls them all rubbish when some of the stuff was seen by fans in September at Pierrefonds.
over a year ago Schnusch said…
surprise
This sounds way too detailed to be false information. I really hope it's true! ^^
over a year ago Raistlin said…
I couldn't believe that any professional who has worked with this kind of TV show would betray her colleagues and share this information.

But who knows.
over a year ago MikeAP001 said…
I believe this spoiler and I hope it comes true. It's not a betrayal of colleagues to share information like this especially when the reaction by some is negative.

On one board to which I belong, someone posted similar information regarding a movie that was in the works involving a boxer named, Rocky Balboa, because people were trashing the movie even while it was being filmed. Some even went as far as to say that that movie would never be made and that the post was a hoax. But the poster and someone associated with the show kept giving assurances that the movie had finished and was in the final stages of editing. and that some of the gripes being aired would be considered in the actual film. The intent of the posting was to stem the negative tide, reassure the fans, and give the film a chance to stand or fall on its own without preconceived notions. And, it worked.

I only hope this is one of those situations. Not long ago in 2008, there was a lot of negative reviews on collateral boards in the US. Even though the main-board on NBC indicated that the show should be renewed, it wasn't (over 90% polled wanted to see a Second Season). The show wasn't renewed but eventually found a home on the NBC sister channel, SyFy. That show was Merlin.

I honestly believe part of the decision had to do with something called demographic polling. On the boards, which would make up that demographic fan base here in the US, that show got a lot of negative reviews and it spread to other boards. And some people were slamming the show without having seen it.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough in a couple weeks on Christmas Day if the spoilers are true. I hope they are because, it would fit my profile of the characters so far.
over a year ago dsalvatore13 said…
smile
What channel is season 4 on in the united states and if ts not aired yet when will it air so i can record it on my dvr. I really love the show but it never comes on so i cant watch it. Thanks!
Merlin will be airing starting January 6, 2012 in the US on the SyFy channel.
As for Season 4 being a waste... it isn't. The writers are following a form of story telling involving the Hero Archetype and everything is fitting in nicely.

As for the ending, on SyFy.com, one of the members wrote a fanfic scene that would fit in nicely with the Spoiler ending posted. (BTW, it wasn't me.)
over a year ago aidablue8 said…
hmmm
The spoilers are quite plausible taking into account what has happened until now (ep 11). I have only one doubt. Isn't the fact that Agravain kills Morgana in contradiction with the prophecy in which Emrys is the one that causes Morgana's fall?
over a year ago kenya1234 said…
Not necessarily. Morgana is supposed to live again. Mordred may still be responsible for her fall based on the prophecy. I just hope the magic reveal is not done like this. Unless there was another scene where Arthur suspected as much in the episode.
over a year ago aidablue8 said…
angelic
Hi Kenya1234 thanks for the reply. I can't wait to watch with my two little eyes the last episodes and see what happens. Any has a time machine I can borrow?
over a year ago IcLufeMinBytt said…
wink
... This is just some random guessing from a fan who wants some attention! ;B
over a year ago wynja said…
True or not, I found the spoilers "logical" except that season 5 will take place "many years later". A few years later maybe, but why many?

But who knows
over a year ago Barbara_War said…
smile
I belive this spoiler is indeed authentic, and that Mergana's fans will be happier in season 5 (this is just a guessing based on a book about the legends I read, but it may indeed happen in the series). Another guessing based on my acknownledge would be Arwen's children.

I feared Morgana would become good again, well, as it looks my fears will come true soon enough, just hope part of the stuff I read on the book will not become true as many parts have and anothers are going to, I may add some of the worse are Morgana marrying a priest that neither Arthur, the knights or Merlin like, Mordred becoming king (this ojne I really doubt, but who knows?), Nimueh coming back (not her normal self though, a crazy wanting one of Arthur's son burnt one).

What I think we will actually see in season are saxons, one of the knights to die (I believe it to be Gwaine, but that's a wild guess, nothing more), and people married and with kids, the shippers' dreams coming true for the most part I think. Mordred attacking Arthur's kingdom after fighting on his side once or twice. Well, many many things, but are all just guesses...
over a year ago Sandiwich11 said…
laugh
One of your stab in the dark guesses is right, but the rest is tosh!
@ Sandiwich11, assuming you're talking about mereditlady's spoiler's then I find your comment too funny! Seriously your comment really made me laugh!

@mereditlady whether you worked on the series or not it hardly matters in the great scheme of things! I found you a somewhat entertaining read regardless.

Merry Christmas/ Happy Holiday's or have whatever everyone! :O)

April.
over a year ago Schnusch said…
laugh
Fake Spoilers in the end :P
over a year ago wynja said…
Yeah, most of the spoiler is rubbish, you probably did´nt work at Merlin at all, did you? Perhaps time to get a life? :-)
over a year ago Sandiwich11 said…
@April80s, haha, yeah it was. Shame they were false, I actually preferred some of them :( lol
over a year ago Barbara_War said…
Yeah, seems like I was made a fool of. But, at least, Morgana's still mean.
over a year ago RosieJulia said…
heart
HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT MERLIN IS REALLY CUTE????????