1. Don't ever give up!
2. Make your own spell
For everyone out there that wants to make a mermaid spell, but isn't sure on how to...
1. *Make sure the time is right.* Moon phrases, seasons, etc. can effect the outcome of ANY spell or potion. Plan it on the right phrase of the moon (My post below has full moon dates and moon phrase meanings) and have a good and positive attitude when doing the spell or potion.
2. *Writing The Spell.* Look around the internet for the meaning of different herbs if you plan to use them in your spell. You may want to include candles, if so you should also look up the spiritual meaning of the colors. For example, black draws in energy.
The spell can be simple or ellaborate, but you must believe in it for it to work! Start out with a piece of paper and write your ingredients and the steps for the spell. Think of a rhyme for the spoken parts. TAKE YOUR TIME!!! You will probably edit the spell a few times before your ready to use it!
I write mine on paper and type the final draft. PUT TIME INTO YOUR SPELLS! DON'T USE THE SPELL YET IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! I believe that lazyiness is part of the reason spells "don't work". The people that do them don't take much time into their creation and don't really believe that it will work.
A good spell should have... a chant, herbs/candles/incense/other magic item, steps. Before you do the spell be sure it is well planned, has materials with the rights meanings for the work, and it is the right time to do the spell.
3. *Spell Preparation* Before doing the spell you need to draw a circle. This protects you from anything that may try to harm you. You may also call a deity or a few deities if you wish. This is also the time to "ground" and "center". Please look these terms up so I don't have to take up a page with them.
4. *The Spell* After you have focused and are sure that you are ready, you can begin the spell. Start with the first step and continue...
5. *After The Spell* Close the circle and thank the deities that you called upon (if you called upon any). Clean up any mess that you left behind. If there are any left over materials, dispose of them as the spell says. If there are no directions for this please use your common sense. A candle may be blown out and planted in a place that is sacred to you. Ashes can be blown into the wind or set free in a stream. If the material is "environmentally sale" AKA it will decompose, then try to give it back to the Earth, you don't have to, but it would be nice since grounding lets you use the Earth's energy...