Percy Jackson and the Olympians A big Help from Greece...

Arakus posted on Sep 29, 2009 at 09:35PM
Hi everyone,My name is Riddle...John Riddle and it happens to be Greek so if anyone wants to ask anything about Greek Gods,Greek mythology or anything else Greek(I'm talking about the REAL STUFF)...just ask and I will answer as soon as I can...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ichigocat said…
surprise
who are the nine muses?
over a year ago Arakus said…
The 9 Muses were the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne and patrons of technon.Calliope was patron of epic poetry and the rhetoric of art, Terpsichore, the Muse of lyric poetry and dancing, Erato Muse of erotic poetry, Thalia of bucolic poetry, Melpomene the music and comedy, the Euterpe of the divine hymns of Polyhymnia, the Muse of History Clio and Urania Muse of astronomy.
I hope that helps u!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago RoHeHa_6264995 said…
surprise
Hi Arakus, I want to ask about the Troy battle (I don't know if that's the right name). Well, I have read about it in the myths, there was a huge wooden horse and everything. But I heard from a friend of mine that the battle trully took place in history, but there were no horses at all. He said the Troy was struck by an earthquake, so people start to think that the fail of Troyans had something to do with Poseidon (cuz Poseidon's the Earthquaker) and then they came out with the idea of the horse (cuz Poseidon created horses too).
My friend said he doesn't remember where he got that info, but he's pretty sure about it, and it's kind of logical. So is it true?
anybody? Help?
sick
sorry for the deley...
smile
Many archeologist believe that The Trojan War…as it called…was actually a history event. The problem though was that Troy was a shantytown, and was the total opposite of what Homer described. Troy was made out of the rubble, and was made out of the rubble because Troy fell by something like an earthquake. A strange link is that Poseidon, brother of Zeus, helped the Mycenaean's and supposedly knocked Troy down by an earthquake. Poseidon's symbol was a horse and there was a horse statue found near Troy, which is thought to be of the Trojan war. Another link is the famous wooden horse, and the horse is the symbol of Poseidon. That history fact twisted in time became a myth of a giant wooden horse with an entire army in his belly that destroy the Trojans. So it is very possible that Troy was destroyed by a natural disaster, beside the war with Agamemnon.
Many archeologist believe that The Trojan War…as it called…was actually a history event. The prob
big smile
Thank you very much
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago DemiTitan said…
hey

I know that after cronos discovered his wifes treachery she summoned Hopladamus and his shield banging brothers to protest her but was he a giant and if he was what happened in the giant war to him.
laugh
Hallo DemiTitan...sorry for the delay but I was emailed the post 4 day later...So here what I know so far:

Hoplodamos or Hoplodamus (Οπλάδαμος in greek) was one of the Gigantes who accompanied and protected Rhea when she was on the point of giving birth to Zeus.He mustered his brother Gigantes to fight in defence of Rhea when the Titan Kronos raged against her upon learning that she had hidden away their infant son.

Hoplodamos and his Gigante brothers (literally "the earth-born") were probably identical to the Kouretes, the armed demi-gods who guarded the infant Zeus. Hesiod and several other ancient writers also call the Kouretes gigantes.
The experts assume he fall in battle defemding Zeus.

I hope I helped!
By the way where did u learn about Hopladamus?...its not an everyday subject.
over a year ago DemiTitan said…
thanks I learned about it researching Rhea and I couldn't find him anywhere else.