Pride and Prejudice Do you remember the first time you read it?

Jillywinkles posted on Jun 23, 2008 at 12:38AM
I'm sure we all know the story so well now, but I was just thinking back to the first time I read it--the excitement of it! With everything starting up and leading to the first proposal, and how infuriating Mr. Darcy was, and then squirming with delight as Lizzy fell in love with him, but it was too late since she had already rejected him, until. . .!!!

Sometimes I miss that first excitement. I never hate Darcy now, since I already know everything, of course.

Pride and Prejudice 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kateliness2 said…
Well, I kind of knew what was going to happen when I read it, so I didn't have time to hate Darcy because I was waiting for them to fall in love! :)
over a year ago becca85 said…
blush
I'm somewhat ashamed to say that I saw the BBC/A&E version before I ever read the book, but I enjoy both very much now.
over a year ago Kendra07 said…
I read the book when I was in 11th grade.can't tell you what a great influence it had upon me.the first time was the best,now I've become a huge Jane Austen's fan. I think this novel made me want to read a lot (:
over a year ago Miss_Benneth said…
I read the book when I was in 8 grade,it was amazing.I fall in love with it! What a grate story about love and feelings,what an interesting characters :)
over a year ago Gabys said…
I read the book when I was 12 years old. I love it since the very first moment and yes... I don't like Darcy at the beginning and I tought Wickham was charming at first. Of course, now I can't hate Darcy... besides, since I saw the movie... I can relate with Matthew perfomance and for me... He's the best!
over a year ago sunshinegirl91 said…
I am in the process of reading it from start-to-finish at this time. I love it. I'm listening to it with an unabridged recording and reading it at the same time.
over a year ago marthatsal said…
The first time i read Pride and Prejudice i was 14 years old. I went in a book exhibition with my sister. I bought PP without knowing that i have just bought the book that was going to chance my future life! I knew it, from the first chapter that this book will change me. It doesn't matter how many books i have read since then, some of them were masterpieces, and i loved them, but nothing can compare with Pride and Prejudice! It will always be my fav! Love you Jane Austen!
over a year ago cuteasprincie said…
I read it so many times that I can't even remember(for sure) when I read it first.But Last time I read it in the month of December,2011 on the Christmas Eve.And I think that I read it(for first time) when I was of 19 or 20 years.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago MariaMFRL said…
big smile
Oh yeah, I just finished the first time today