Banshee Facts: The Basics
So I was going through this guide, and noticed I left a lot out, and I changed quite a bit about the banshees over time, so I give you the edited, Guide to Banshee Mobians.
What is a Banshee?
Banshee Mobians are cat-like creatures in form. They are called Banshees because they have sound-like powers, and can be transparent.
Types of Banshees
While the amount of variations to Banshee types are large there are three main types of Banshees.
1. Sound Banshees
2. Mind Banshees
3. Dark Banshees
Sound Banshees are the normal type of Banshee. They have sound abilities, white color, and calm moods.
Mind Banshees are the secondary. They have sound abilities as well, but more-so of mind-based abilities. Their color is normally pink, or pale blue, with energetic moods.
Dark Banshees are the most dangerous. They have sound abilities, and Dark abilities. They are the color black or grey, and are generally negative.
1. Sound Element: Sound element is the most common and permanent for almost every type of banshee. Among its uses there are voice-changing, voice-throwing, sound-emitting, sound decreasing/absorbing/increasing, and virtually anything else you can think sound would do.
2. Mind Element: Mind Element is less common. It allows the banshees to think 10-30 times faster than the normal person, control and enter minds, move items with their minds, and whatever else minds could do.
3. Dark Element: This element is extremely rare in Banshees; although all have it, only a select few choose to use it actively. It deals in absorption of virtually anything, can increase from rage, can feed on fear, and increases the banshee’s natural abilities greatly depending on the prey.
4. Flight: Banshees can excrete an almost web-like substance from the sides of their arms and legs, which allow them to fly with ease. And while it does help immensely for sustained flight, banshees can fly without using it. It has nothing to do with sound emitting from the banshee, but rather the lack of weight.
5. Weight: Banshees are EXTREMELY light. They can increase or decrease their density to an extent, mainly so that they can fly. They can become hard as rock, or completely ghost-like. This defies gravity in every way.
Unlike Identities, Banshees are not pre-programmed with specific character traits, but it is very common, due to their elements, for them to have a slight ego (Mind element), wisdom (Mind element), and caution (Dark element). They enjoy simple pleasures, but due to their amazing intellect they are constantly interested in any little or big thing. They are easily amused, but shy at times. They can either be very friendly, or very cautious, but rarely violent unless needed.
Similar to the Identities, Banshees were spawns of two of the same person… in a sense. The Seven Server spirit of Mind (Known as Midnight) had a secret that even she did not know. She was fused with Daricha, the Seven Server of Darkness. When she first was evolved, she was the first Mobian Banshee, though sadly she was in rabbit form. After much time her Mind-Element awakened and took over. The Dark-Server was trapped in Midnight’s mind for many years till it broke out and took control of their body. After many battles the Dark-Server was defeated and trapped inside its own Dagger, but during the “exorcism” the original Midnight Banshee clung to the dagger, and when Daricha was sent off, it followed. It landed on the Mobius “Mobocan” where the Dark-Server was thought to be dead, but the Banshee DNA spread and infected a non-mobian cat, which turned the cat into a new breed of Mobian. The banshee later found that even the simplest touch caused whoever she made contact with to turn into a banshee mobian. The DNA wore off and the cat reverted, thankfully to a normal mobian and not it’s primitive form. Repopulation spread the DNA, and banshees became a regular form of Mobian.
(What is the Refine? The Refine was one of two genocides against the three Hellborn species, the Banshees, the Acid-monsters, and the single identity that lived on Mobocan. Many died, some survived, and basically it caused the entire planet to turn on them)
The effect that the Refine had on the banshees was one of fear. Naturally peaceful, most simply hid their powers, and pretended to be normal cat-mobians. They did not want to show themselves in fear of causing another Refine, and keep to themselves.
1. Appearance: Banshees are usually EXTREMELY attractive-looking. They are made of pure energy, and thus are perfectly shaped in every way. They are usually tall however, with the highest being seven-feet, and the lowest being 4.5-feet tall. There are cases of higher and lower, but not many. Their stripes are also a give-away. Female banshees have one-sided stripes that are usually on the inner arm/leg (if you were across from one while it faced you the strip would be on the right side of the left leg and the left side of the right), with some loops around the entire leg or arm. The Males go in reverse, with the stripes on the outer parts. Their ears are also noticeable. They are very large, very wide, and have a single black ring on the inner ear. Most Banshees will dye themselves to make it harder to notice them. Also while they can change their density, it will always revert back to 40 pounds for Males and 20 pounds for Females, making them very light to the touch. The most common noticeable feature are the eyes. Banshee pupils glow, and are never black unless raged in some special form.
2. Body-language: Banshees are graceful. They may seem to be anyone who would look to be good at ballet. Their movements usually cause swaying of their fur, which is silky and smooth.
3. Voice: Sound is the key, though it’s hard to tell. A smart banshee will usually make their voice sound bad, which they can do indefinitely, but most banshees don’t remember, or simply just don’t. Their voices are fluent in everything they say. That does not mean however that they won’t stutter. In fact it can be even worse for banshees, especially milen banshees; milen banshees because their minds are racing so fast that they constantly second-guess their words and actions.
4. Knowledge: Banshees are very smart, and therefore you will see their eyes darting around, without moving their heads very often. They can almost never not react to something entertaining, no matter the size. Also they will most-likely act either stuck up, or simply very learned about things, though there are still a lot of humble Banshees.
5. Socializing: Most Banshees after the Refine attempt to avoid any form of friendship, which is hard because they do not like loneliness. They will stay away from crowds, sneak away from conversations, and try to get out of any dates. However they are very rewarding when aided, and can be very trusting if one were to get close enough to one. Banshees do not avoid people because of lack of trust, at least not the average civilian, but more so they do it to avoid getting others in trouble for being near them.
6. Hearing: The ears will twitch uncontrollably at whatever sound, even if the Banshee pretends not to hear. They cannot stop this, and for Banshee-hunters, it makes it one of the easiest give-aways.
THE OTHER BANSHEES
While it is almost always fatal, some Banshees have done it. They can completely remove all of either their mind, or dark, element, usually choosing dark for obvious reasons. Sadly this causes the Banshees to lose their sound-powers too, which is another reason it is so rare. They excel in whatever element they keep, and can even (extremely rarely) replace it if they keep the dark element, but they are unable to recover their lost element.
2. Daricha Banshees
Take the insanity of a three-mood identity, and turn that insanity into RAGE. Daricha Banshees are banshees that basically have dark energy beaming out of them. They get stronger at night, can heal much quicker than normal banshees , and have a rage-form which causes them to glow white and black, giving them EXTREME power as long as they stay angry. They look normal, but their stripes are shaped in moon-curves.
Banshees have three basic layers, and sub-layers in between.
~The first layer is their skin and fur, covering their entire body, ears, and of course their muzzles.
~The second layer, and their most protective, is the bones.
1. The first layer are the A-joints.
A. The main bones; these bones are the armor of a banshee. They almost completely cover the banshee completely from the inside, with the least guarded area being the groin, and the joint between their leg and feet. They repel any attack with sound-vibrations, and are very strong. When a banshee tenses, they spread at the ends,
coating the banshee's insides with a protective metal, which softens and dissolves once the banshee is no longer stressed.
B. Jags: Jags are larger forms of the pores. They are what excrete the web-like mist which allow banshees to fly. They are called jags because the bottoms of them are jagged and spiked, though you would not feel it unless the banshee were using them to excrete the mist for flying.
C. Evolvers: Basically these bones look like bumps on the banshee’s main bones. Over time these bumps break open, allowing extra claws to grow out, usually around their arms, hands, legs, and feet. They also can appear on the ear joints, which give some banshees FOUR ears instead of two, with the secondary set being smaller than the first.
D. Pores: These are small (VERY SMALL) holes in the banshee’s bones, which allow nutrients to go out to their skin and fur, as well as basic oxygen.
2. B-Joints: These are the most flexible bones. The B-joints can bend, and work as the main connecters to the bones. They are completely resistant to heat, and will not break if bent over and over, but as not good for protecting due to their size. They can however be ripped off from the banshee, if one were to be able to somehow overcome one, which would in turn break the connection of the bones in that area, but not the organs.
3. C-Joints: While banshees can use their powers normally, these bones intensify the energy output, and allow them to be able to charge their energy. They are usually located around the ends of the hands, knees, and feet, and of course their throats.
All banshee bones have bending properties, though only enough to allow the banshees to move, with the B-Joints being the most flexible of course. Also the bones will slide over each other if a banshee were to bend over or bend back. This causes no friction damage to the bones, but can send tickling sensations through young banshees.
~The third layer of the banshees are the organs themselves. Banshees contain the basics, heart, brain, lungs, ect. However the brain is the most important of the organs, allowing the nerves in banshees bodies to be rather sensitive at times. Their lungs and heart are half the size of a normal mobian, and protected doubly by their own metal covers. This is because Banshees, while still needing these organs, can live off of basic nutrients. If a banshee takes hold of something with nutrients in it, they can absorb the nutrients. And because they can absorb nutrients this way, their digestive system acts very quickly. Whatever food they eat is quickly broken down, with the leftover waste either needing to be… number-two-ed, or excreted out through the Jags over time, though this is barely noticeable and leaves no scent.
And because they can take care of proteins so quickly, banshees rarely get overweight. When they have absorbed all the nutrients they need, the rest is stored up in the muscles, which is why the second part of banshee arms and legs are so large.
WEAKNESSES and STRENGTHS
If you’re planning to use a really loud sound to hurt their ears, it won’t work, however Banshees are not even close to indestructible. Because of Banshee Mobians having such thin and dainty skin and fur, they are very flammable. However this would normally only be a problem for their skin, as their innards are protected by their bones. Their eyes would be the most unprotected, seeing how they are not protected by metal armor.
The whereabouts of the Server of Darkness are unknown. Some banshees fear her, and fear her return. She is thought to be the strongest of the Seven Servers for a number of reasons.
1. Power: Daricha was trapped without power for hundreds of years, giving her more than 100 times enough time to charge her energy. And after being trapped again, she continued to charge.
2. Rage: Rage is so easy for Daricha to have. Being a prisoner, being trapped twice, being attacked, her legacy being hunted; it makes her very angry, and anger makes her very strong.
3. Fear: Darkness. It strikes fear. The amount of fear of one person intoxicates Daricha, but dozens or hundreds is unthinkable.
If she ever were to come back, it would ... be unfortunate. The only person able to stop her would be the Zonac Server, who she killed, or the Light Server, who beat her the first time.
So that’s basically it. Want more info or have questions feel free to ask. Want your own Banshee, just tell me how you want them.
Until next time
EAT PIE AND PROSPER