Hello. I'm Cara Lea, and I'm an author on this site. My friends, Jen Del, and Anne Laney were thinking about our favorite things to write about. You see, we are authors and we work real hard on our books. Some of us are better than others, but this does not affect our affection for each other's work.
Today we were thinking about our favorite spot on this very site. StormClan. We really enjoy the drama, lifestyle, and most importantly friendship we found in StormClan from day 1. So keeping this in mind we each set out to write four chapters per character about the life of StormClan.
But there are rules.
1) You cannot post ANYTHING that didn't happen. I don't care if it's something you thought would be interesting. If it didn't happen, don't say it did. There are CERTAIN excuses available, such as a hunting trip, or maybe a conversation with someone that you had on IM. But if it's something like, "And then Randomkit got kidnapped and taken to MidnightClan where he was killed and then brought back and" BULLSHIT(mind my language). If you're having trouble deciding whether this is "writable" then ask Stormstar for permission.
2) There will be no "flames". I will NOT HEAR of shitty comments such as, "Your work is stupid. There's no value here!" There is value in everybody's work, and you should look at there writing as art. I can't draw a painting worth crap, but that doesn't mean there's isn't a picture. The ONLY type of comments we want on this club are comments with use, such as, "This one part didn't make a lot of sense. Maybe you should write this ~insert phrasing here~ like this ~insert better phrasing here~" Those are critiques, and are acceptable. Any and all retarded comments will be ignored.
3) Don't be shy. If you have something good that you want to write, don't be scared of rude comments and critiques. Rule 2 covers rude comments(simply ignore them) And critiques are HELPFUL, not HURTFUL. Critiques are an artists way of helping you out. If you feel a critique is out of line, take it to Stormstar and see what she says.
4) DON'T CROWD THE LEADER. We may have created this site but we're leaving all decisions up to Stormstar, because StormClan is HER club. This is not open invitation to bombard her with questions, complaints, or anything of the sort. I'm almost positive Stormstar will enjoy seeing the stories on here, and reliving the memories, but she will not enjoy thousands of private messages of pure drama. Leave her be unless it's something important.
5) Have fun. There's no need to get snippy, or upset over stories. They're tales. And as rule 1 states everything actually happened. Useful things, such as making up after a viscous fight, can be acceptable, but we cannot have developing arguments over stories that cannot be changed. The only thing that you can do is read the tale and apply the things that need be changed to yourself. Let yourself learn things from the experience of others, but don't start fighting over it.
That's about all for now. I will change, add, or delete rules based on how things happen, but until then, this is the constitution of the Stories of StormClan!
Now that you know the rules, you are now ready to write. Enjoy!
~Daisyflower and Lichenpaw~