After only having been offered an E-Book release by the big publishing house and having some issues with the other because of wanting to keep certain rights, I decided to self-publish. Considering the fact that the publishing house that ultimately was going to release it seemed a little fishy to me, I guess it's for the best.
Right now a very kind editor and fellow writer is working on my story. A cartographer is creating a map for me. Already have the covers planned and everything so it's all good.
I am currently correcting the German version and simultaneously translating it to English.
- The first version of "The Golden Heart" I've written in 2009 had only three main characters (Devius being the hero, Aurea his love interest & Ardor his best friend - Aurea's grandfather was another major character. Catus, Malus, Ater & Ian were the major villains. Ian was not an Earth-Magus but a Fire Magus.)
- A lot of the names were randomized. In these cases I had a name before I formed a personality out of it.
- Some of the randomized names were: Ian, Notin & Aura.
- Aurea was my own idea & Azuria I had invented when I was 15.
- I started writing when I was 11. My first attempt...