I have some good reasons so I thought I'd make an article about it :) This article is not for the purpose of changing people's minds. This article also contains why I stopped shipping Gwuncan. I don't hate or dislike Gwuncan, they just aren't my cup of tea right now.
1. From Gwen's previous relationship with Trent, even though she won't admit it, Gwen wants a boyfriend who will write poetry for her, buy her flowers, and sing songs to her. She wouldn't dare say that to Duncan though. Since he's like the exact opposite. Not that he can't be romantic at times.
2. Duncan likes it when girls fight with him. He's made that perfectly clear. I just feel like Gwen in a fight with Duncan would act like, "I need some time to think about this, okay?" *leaves room* And Duncan would be left feeling like, ".......What just happened?! You get back here and fight with me! .........Don't you at least want to make out with me?! I don't understand!" With Courtney they would both want to fight, then afterwards, make out. Some people call it unhealthy. But it works for them! It's something they both like. Duncan like's the fire in Courtney's eyes that Gwen just doesn't have. Duncan would miss the fighting.
3. I feel Gwuncan is a little bit one-sided on Gwen's side. Gwen seemed to develop feelings for him first. Yes, it's obvious Duncan likes Gwen, but I don't think his feelings go as far as love, but Gwen's feelings do go that deep. If Gwen ever dumped Duncan, I can't see him getting emotionally or physically hurt. Where as if Courtney did I can totally see that. When Courtney left the island Duncan was very cranky and sad and swore revenge on who ever made her leave, and showed multiple signs of missing her. As with Gwen, all he did was carve her face in a chair.
4. When Courtney came in the middle of TDA, Duncan was easily distracted just my the sight of her. He was a big love-struck mess around her. And in the last episode of TDA he was focused on Courtney, and Courtney only. He didn't even take 2 glances at Gwen. His sudden feelings for her when he came back in TDWT was very sudden and seemed rushed.
5. Duncan and Gwen seem way to bro-ish in their relationship. I'm not saying they have to be lovey-dovey with each other all the time. But when they're together they are always acting all casual and like they're not even in a relationship. I feel like they're stuck in a," I feel like we have to be cool and casual around each other," scenario.
6. Duncan and Courtney seemed to love each other a lot equally. Where as with Gwen and Duncan, I feel Gwen is totally in love with Duncan as where Duncan just likes her.
7. I'm not sure if Duncan has ever been in that kind of a relationship, especially not with a girl like Courtney. Duncan probably felt like a serious relationship like that was to hard so he decided to date Gwen because he knew it would be easy. I think both Gwen and Duncan figured it would be easier to date someone of their own 'genre'. Gwen might enjoy this relationship since she seems very much in love, but I can see Duncan getting bored after a while. He wants a hard rough relationship, not an easy one.
I don't dislike or hate Gwuncan, I just don't particularly ship them anymore. You're welcome to disagree with me. But, no harsh comments, pretty please? :)