* 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
* 2-3 Tablespoons Nestle Quick (or other "chocolate milk" powder - not cocoa)
* 2 Tablespoons butter
* Chocolate sprinkles or granulated sugar
* Tiny paper candy cups
1. Combine first three ingredients in a heavy pot and stir constantly over medium heat, bringing to a boil.
2. Continue stirring about two minutes - or until mixture thickens enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
Brigadeiro is a Brazilian dessert created in the 1940s, common throughout the country and usually present at birthday parties.
The ingredients are of Brigadier sweetened condensed milk, chocolate milk powder, butter and chocolate sprinkles for topping. Can be done either on the stove and the microwave oven.
The name of the candy is a tribute to Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes. In the years 1946 and 1950, the military was a candidate for the presidency. The candidate has won a cult status in Pacaembu, a neighborhood of São Paulo, organizing festivals to promote his...