A little optimism
I'm following Paddy-fan-'s example and writing my own 10 quotes to live by. These may not be my favorite quotes ever but they are nice ones.
1. Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. - Henry Louis Mencken
2. If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much. - Donald H. Rumsfeld
3. There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook. - Groucho Marx
4. That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong. - William J. H. Boetcker
5. If you don't think your life is more important than someone elses then sign your donor card and kill yourself. - House, House M.D.
6. For me, music and life are all about style. - Miles Davis
7. It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them. - P. G. Wodehouse
8. I could not become anything: neither bad nor good, neither a scoundrel nor an honest man, neither a hero nor an insect. And now I am eking out my days in my corner, taunting myself with the bitter and entirely useless consolation that an intelligent man cannot seriously become anything; that only a fool can become something. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, 'Notes From Underground'
9. Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain
10. I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. - Gerry Spence